Cool new rooms found in the game files!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kami-sama

Captain
2 Badges
Sep 22, 2017
  • Major Wiki Contributor
So while I was browsing the gfx games files to see if there's something new to add to the wiki I found the following new rooms, steamdb confirms they were added in the new update. Afterwards I searched them in all event and common files but they weren't present anywhere so I guess it's something the devs haven't yet implemented. Still if you want to use them for your custom empires you need only replace one line in your saved empires file, I added them to my guide here.

Gilded
gilded_room.png

Organic
organic_room.png

Crystaline
crystalline_room.png

Scrappy
scrappy_room.png

Runic
runic_room.png

These are awesome! I hope we see them sooner rather than later. Organic, Scrappy, and Runic especially are really cool.

Thanks @Kami-sama for posting them here.

I really hope these are included in the game soon. I really like Runic and Guilded for a couple Empires of mine. Scrappy looks like it'd be good for Post Apocalyptic or Remnants. Maybe Doomsday

I could definitely see the Organic room becoming the new default for Devouring Swarms. And Scrappy could be pretty good for Post-Apocalyptic empires.

They're really good!

Obligatory reminder that what would really set empires apart from eachother is what is shown outside the window.
Crude reposted examples: https://imgur.com/gallery/18yq0xv
If we're talking about things to set empires apart, how about multiple different variations on each planet type? So a desert planet could be the current mesas and canyons, but it could also be a bunch of rolling dunes, or an oasis. Just three different variants per planet type would really help make planets feel unique.

OMG OMG omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Scrappy one ! Omg, you think the vent is rotating too ?!?!?! OMG, so hot!!!
Sadly no, if it did it wouldn't be part of the static image. 2200 and FTL technology and the empire still hasn't managed to fix that fan and pipes.

Maybe this is a sign that they're finally going to add some new AI personalities, since each personality typically comes with its own room. Fingers crossed, especially for hiveminds.

Just a headsup - the 'background window' has no alpha channel, meaning it's just a white background as it appears in the images above.

Good catch though - probably will be made properly available in May.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

These backgrounds are amazing and add so much more personality and variety to empires :)

Gilded has a royal and mystic feeling to it, I will be using it as an alternative to the spiritualist background full of candles. Also fits a Megachurch.
Organic is a bit strange, but I'm glad it doesn't look gross! Quite unique background, looks like it was made for hive minds.
Crystalline looks like a less chaotic lithoid background, but also a bit mystic/royal just like gilded.
Scrappy is amazing, I have a rusty abandoned machine empire that needs it for yesterday. Voidborne Despoilers could roleplay marauders a bit better, too.
And Runic is the most mystical of them, while fitting lithoids in general just like crystalline.

I could also see Crystalline replacing the default lithoid room for lithoid Fallen Empires.

I could also see Crystalline replacing the default lithoid room for lithoid Fallen Empires.
I think lithoid FE should get FE rooms. Pretty sure them getting the default Lithoid room is a bug, since it's the only lithoid graphic they get; not cities, not ships.