• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fifnaril

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jan 21, 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Empire of Sin
Hello!
We are investigating the bug reports we are seeing about Cooks and Kitchens not working as intended. If you experienced this bug in one of your prisons, we would appreciate it if you could upload the save file here.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
FYI For those wondering where your save file is: first you have to save the prison as a non cloud save, then the prison will be in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\saves. You must zip the file before uploading.

My prisons kept breaking from the updates, so I created this prison from scratch since the DLC patch release. It didn't resolve the item delivery bugs, and when that was hotfixed it broke the kitchen meal system. Please help, my prisons have been broken for weeks and I'd love to play again.

No mods, no DLC.

Hey also have a question - why don't my prisoners ever use the Gymnasium? No-one has ever entered it.

Attachments

• Palos Verdes NON CLOUD.zip
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, I Just recently started playing Prison Architect and my save file has become unplayable.
No mods, No DLC, No Expansions... Just the Vanilla game.

I'm kind of upset as this is my first prison but I put some decent work into it and now I cannot play.
All I did was change their schedules while the game was paused then I unpaused and BAM.. Game freezes every load now.
(Added Regime, Kitchen Program, and was setting up a bunch of new schedules as well as food variety)

I probably won't play the game anymore unless I can figure out why my game is crashing after being unpaused for approximately 2-3 seconds before crashing.

I'm attaching the original save file which works, for 2-3 seconds, then crashes.

Pretty bummed out. =(

Attachments

• Prison1.zip
    672,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
the game is preventing me from progressing because the danger in my prison is rising exponentially because the cooks are refusing to feed the prisoners. Hope this gets resolved quickly.

Attachments

• Brokenkitchen.zip
    4,7 MB · Views: 0
the game is preventing me from progressing because the danger in my prison is rising exponentially because the cooks are refusing to feed the prisoners. Hope this gets resolved quickly.
Hi again,
After loading the save file, I can see that you have a lot of the same ingredients in one of your kitchens. After dumping some of the food, the cooks start to take in the missing ingredients and start cooking again. I can recommend you to have some more fridges to store all your food.

here's my savegame. No mods, all DLC (i think)

what works fine: cooking and eating on minimum security and criminal insane. All jobs seem to work fine for now.

What doenst work: cooking and eating on protected and medium security (other securities not yet tested).

So put any of them on protected or medium and u will see they won't go to the canteen. (the canteen is set to custom: protected + minimum + medium)

Protected even has an regime seperated from the others so they eat after minimum and medium but the cooks dont do anything.

im gonna build a second kitchen + canteen to try and work around this problem. I'll keep u posted =) GL!

Attachments

• autosave.zip
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
here's my savegame. No mods, all DLC (i think)

what works fine: cooking and eating on minimum security and criminal insane. All jobs seem to work fine for now.

What doenst work: cooking and eating on protected and medium security (other securities not yet tested).

So put any of them on protected or medium and u will see they won't go to the canteen. (the canteen is set to custom: protected + minimum + medium)

Protected even has an regime seperated from the others so they eat after minimum and medium but the cooks dont do anything.

im gonna build a second kitchen + canteen to try and work around this problem. I'll keep u posted =) GL!
Thank you!

Hi again,
After loading the save file, I can see that you have a lot of the same ingredients in one of your kitchens. After dumping some of the food, the cooks start to take in the missing ingredients and start cooking again. I can recommend you to have some more fridges to store all your food.

same issue here(with multiple kitchens), but to be honest i don't want to keep deleting all my ingredients seems little bit tedious. My protective custody kitchen gets a lot of food while none is eaten. i personally think there is a bug with de delivery of ingredients to kitchens. If you guys have the time to look in to this bug that would be great. (to be fair my kitchens are a bit small in this save). but i had the same problem with other saves

Attachments

• brumbrum05 prison.zip
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
same issue here(with multiple kitchens), but to be honest i don't want to keep deleting all my ingredients seems little bit tedious. My protective custody kitchen gets a lot of food while none is eaten. i personally think there is a bug with de delivery of ingredients to kitchens. If you guys have the time to look in to this bug that would be great. (to be fair my kitchens are a bit small in this save). but i had the same problem with other saves
Hello!
Yeah! It's just a workaround to fix the issue until we can find a balance so the ingredients won't stack up and stop the cooks from cooking!

We appreciate all the feedback and save files we are getting so we can work on fixing the issue.

Hello!
Yeah! It's just a workaround to fix the issue until we can find a balance so the ingredients won't stack up and stop the cooks from cooking!

We appreciate all the feedback and save files we are getting so we can work on fixing the issue.
thx for quick reaction (off topic) contraband can be trown in trough no acces zones while it is in the middel of you're prison kinda weird. this is not a huge bug, but i just wanted to put it out there :p

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    984,2 KB · Views: 0
Thank you!
Hey its me again. This is the same save as yesterday but a few (ok a lot) hours added. You can clearly see the problem now in the two great kitchens. So I'm really not sure: not enough cooks? Not enough fridges? Whats going on? Both kitches wont cook anymore... (the one for min is clearly big enough tho and in total i have 40 cooks or something)...

And in this save file u can clearly see the "no acces" bug: both kitchens and canteens are set to "acces only" but yet you see workmen, visitors and even released prisoners pass through the kitchen and canteen..

Attachments

• autosave (2).zip
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
Hey its me again. This is the same save as yesterday but a few (ok a lot) hours added. You can clearly see the problem now in the two great kitchens. So I'm really not sure: not enough cooks? Not enough fridges? Whats going on? Both kitches wont cook anymore... (the one for min is clearly big enough tho and in total i have 40 cooks or something)...

And in this save file u can clearly see the "no acces" bug: both kitchens and canteens are set to "acces only" but yet you see workmen, visitors and even released prisoners pass through the kitchen and canteen..
Nice, Thank you so much! :)

Hello!
We are investigating the bug reports we are seeing about Cooks and Kitchens not working as intended. If you experienced this bug in one of your prisons, we would appreciate it if you could upload the save file here.
Hey I have a problem with game launch after latest update. After launching normal version of prison architect Steam says : "Application load error 3:0000065432". Could You help me?

Hey I have a problem with game launch after latest update. After launching normal version of prison architect Steam says : "Application load error 3:0000065432". Could You help me?
This issue is not related to the topic of this thread. Please make a new thread with full problem details and history, thanks.

In my min-sec kitchen (the one to the right of the road), cooks won't cook enough. They will stack up the serving tables before meals, but once the first batch of meals has been eaten, they won't cook more during the meal. There are just 3-4 meals cooking, and if I manually dump those, they start cooking rapidly again. I've attached my prison file to this post.

Attachments

• Almond-revamp.zip
    1,2 MB · Views: 0