• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pomeranian

Major
47 Badges
Jun 5, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
How do you convert to Sikhism in this game? The event is supposed to fire in 1499 but I'm play as Kangra in the Punjab and I'm in 1504 and it still hasn't fired. Also, if it isn't possible to convert via event is it possible to convert Sikhism on the religion tab (like how you can convert to Protestantism as a Catholic)?

If you're Hindu you can convert by decision from the religious tab.

If not you would ideally use Sikh zealots, but if you can't conveniently get a Sikh province then you can go Sunni (just as an example) to Hindu (using zealots) to Sikh (by decision).

Reactions:
This actually works the same way as with Catholic-Protestant-Reformed conversions: you go to your Religion tab and hit the big red button.

Reactions:
Thanks for the responses. Can you only convert via religion tab after 1499?

AFAIK, you need to wait until Sikhism appears first. Can't convert to a religion that doesn't yet exist.

Reactions:
It's somewhat random when it appears.

Do it once to see the events, then you'll realize it's trash and probably never use it again, aside from maybe a 1 month switch to get the +3% missionary strength decision. The Guru bonuses come nowhere near covering limited number of missionaries, weaker tolerance, and less flexibility compared to Hindu. I guess if you don't have DLC for Hindu deities Sikh might be better, though Sikh vassals can't convert anything so your expansion will have similar unity problems to playing as an animist nation.

Reactions:
Do it once to see the events, then you'll realize it's trash and probably never use it again, aside from maybe a 1 month switch to get the +3% missionary strength decision. The Guru bonuses come nowhere near covering limited number of missionaries, weaker tolerance, and less flexibility compared to Hindu.

Sikhs get +10% army morale and -10% mil tech cost. I wouldn't call that trash.

I guess if you don't have DLC for Hindu deities Sikh might be better, though Sikh vassals can't convert anything so your expansion will have similar unity problems to playing as an animist nation.

Is this a bug? How come vassals are unable to convert?

Reactions:
Morale is nothing special to religions; more Abrahamic faiths than not can get more powerful military benefits without having a crippling shackle placed on their ability to convert provinces. -10% miltech cost, the least constrained monarch point resources, does not change the equation enough.

Sikh vassals can't convert very well because they don't take any decisions that give conversion strength. As such, if they have religious they literally have to make do with divine supremacy and NIs, if any. Feed these guys anything significant and they'll get internal conflicts and render themselves a resource drain as a vassal with constant rebellion you have to put down or they'll lose their land.

Sikh vassals can't convert very well because they don't take any decisions that give conversion strength.

This sounds like something that could be fixed. Why don't they?
(as far as I can see they're supposed to unless they're humanist but I expect there's something more to it)

Do it once to see the events, then you'll realize it's trash and probably never use it again

Sadly pretty true. It's nice if you want to roleplay and it's not as bad as say Confucianism but pretty bland and weak compared to just staying Hindu.

Reactions:
This sounds like something that could be fixed. Why don't they?
(as far as I can see they're supposed to unless they're humanist but I expect there's something more to it)

It's a peculiarity shared by most religions outside Abrahamic. The AI technically will take a decision requiring a theologian, but AI subjects will virtually never hire one in a useful timeframe while meeting the other requirements.

While Hindu movements carry over to Sikh, vassals forced into Sikh obviously won't have the opportunity to take them. The only Sikh decision, "save the burning world", requires an inquisitor or theologian. Similar with animist, fetish (and shamanist before it), and the Buddhist decision "monastic education", you will likely go through dozens of vassals with these faiths and be lucky to see a single one with + conversion strength from theologian/inquisitor decision. By nature vassals aren't around for very long, and even if subsidized the %chance of randomly hiring the correct advisor is low.

In practice, the odds that a Sikh vassal gets save the burning world in a useful (even sub-20 year) timeframe are dismal. This problem is not unique to Sikh, and is arguably even worse for animist types because the overlord doesn't get 5% from decisions or any triggered modifiers whatsoever in that case.

Reactions:
Switched out the adviser requirements for all religious decisions. Won't make it into 1.18 though.

Reactions: