• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arqueek

Recruit
Jul 14, 2019
Hi
First of all, I would like to say that Tantalus made a great work converting the controls to gamepad.
There is only one thing that I have noticed after several hundreds of hours in game.
Sometimes when I want to, for example, choose a unit or planet, I click X exacly in a moment that some message pops up. What happens is that I accidently choose one of the options in message, but have no time to read.

My question to Tantalus.
It would be way better if we would have to hołd X for one second to accept pop up messages.
As example you can see that in Uncharted - when you click square button you reaload the weapon, when you hołd it for a second you pick up weapon from the ground.
That would prevent us from unwilling choices in hardest ironmode settings :D

What would you think about it?
Am I the only person having trouble with it?
And - if anyone from Tantalus is reading - is there any chance to change?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi
First of all, I would like to say that Tantalus made a great work converting the controls to gamepad.
There is only one thing that I have noticed after several hundreds of hours in game.
Sometimes when I want to, for example, choose a unit or planet, I click X exacly in a moment that some message pops up. What happens is that I accidently choose one of the options in message, but have no time to read.

My question to Tantalus.
It would be way better if we would have to hołd X for one second to accept pop up messages.
As example you can see that in Uncharted - when you click square button you reaload the weapon, when you hołd it for a second you pick up weapon from the ground.
That would prevent us from unwilling choices in hardest ironmode settings :D

What would you think about it?
Am I the only person having trouble with it?
And - if anyone from Tantalus is reading - is there any chance to change?

getting a specific change just for the console version isn't all that bad of an idea, but this would be more up to Paradox than Tantalus

while Tantalus does the port of the console version, any gameplay changes made would need to be approved by Paradox first
mainly to ensure that the said change doesn't have any negative downsides to gameplay or cause any big problems

plus I think both Sony and Microsoft need to ok the update as well, given they need to test the game on their respective system
[yes if one of the console versions got an update, both would need the update. having one version of the game be slightly different due to an update path could eventually cause problems]

Reactions: