• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(994)

Captain
Feb 18, 2001
Visit site
I had a recurrent CTD in my current game with Germany (1.05c), on 22-23 march 1945 at variable hours. I resolved the advanced torpedo plane problem, and ran the hoifix by Sireal, but the problem has remanied. I tried to solve it by uninstalling and reinstalling the game with the patches (1.05 and 1.05c), but the effect was zip: still CTD around the same time.
So, I started another game, and things are changed: I'm continuously experiencing a CtD on march 4th 1941 at variable hours.

The strange fact is that I'm quite of a veteran HOI player, strarted these games since several months I didn't play HOI, and never experienced these problems before.

Upvote 0
Since you are getting them on specific dates, let's move you to the bug forum.
*Moved

Nothing special: no new units ready to be deployed, nor annexations impending or new techs. Anyway, I was going for total conquest of the SU, and I didn't take Moscow to prevent the bitter peace, so it remained still in soviet hands, although no longer the capital, since the soviet AI conveniently moved it away.

Tried the fixes in the FIX IT YOURSELF thread? if that doesn't work, send it to me and I'll try to check in the sparse free time I have now.

Hmmm, I know Johan fixed one CTD after 1.05c release... It's possible that it's that same crash. I can try to check. If your save doesn't crash for me, it's fixed.

Loewefuchs said:
Thanks, but the CTD (seeminlgy) miracolously disappeared. Thank you again for your kindness, and pelase excuse the delay of my answer.

I once had the same problem with Papal States in EUII. For a while the game would crash after sometimes just a few days, sometimes weeks. I kept saving it every 10 days. It was very frustrating but eventually the CTDs disappeared as suddenly as they had appeared.

If a CTD doesn't happen, where it happened before, it's prolly cuz something didn't happen that was very likely to happen before... Event or war outcomes for example