• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bragi

Major
102 Badges
May 23, 2012
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
Game keeps disconnecting during multiplayer sessions, apparently it loses connection with the paradox account. Internet connection is stable as it is, CK3 is the only game I experience this sort of problem. To day it happend every 25 - 35 min in a 5 h Session.
When I disconnect, I alway seem to have lost connection to paradox account, as mentioned above.
Happens/happened in every version.

We are aware of an issue where some customers can't login/stay signed in with their Paradox account which then results in being unable to play multiplayer. We released an update early on the 22nd of September that we hoped would solve it (you can read more here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/server-update-notification-sept-22.1423886/) but it seems that wasn't the case ><! Rest assured we're investigating this further and both the CKIII and tech team are trying to figure out the cause (and a solution!) but sadly there isn't a workaround for the time being :(.

Sorry about that!

Thank you very much for your reply and the further investigation! Thumbs up

is there any solution jet?

when i host a savegame and someone wants to join, i constantly loose my connection to my paradox acc during the connection process. mostly between 30% and 60%.
i was able to host the game for 4 player and they have been able to rejoin in cases of cl. but now we cant co on playing the saved game.
what i thought, it might be, that the process of sending the savegame uses up my whole internet connection and so cant keep the connection to the paradox acc.
i am livint in the woods and have something like a 7 mbit connection...

Reactions:
Rest assured we're investigating this further and both the CKIII and tech team are trying to figure out the cause (and a solution!) but sadly there isn't a confirmed workaround for the time being :(. We have three possible workarounds that may solve it:

Disable IPv6
- Close CK3
- Go to Control Panel > View Network status and tasks > Change adapter settings (left side)
- Find your Hamachi Connection and Disable it
- Find your Internet connection adapter (for me, it was WiFi)
- Right click your internet adapter and select properties
- Scroll down to find "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and uncheck the box
- Select Ok
- Start up CK3 and should work.

Disable all other network adapters

1. Go to Windows Control panel.
  2. Click on Network & Internet.
  3. Click on View Network Status.
    Quick Tip: You can also quickly access these settings by right-clicking the network icon in the taskbar and selecting the Network & Internet settings option.
  4. Click on Change adapter options.
  5. Right-click all network adapters that are not connected to the internet and select the Disable option.

Use a VPN

- Obtain a VPN

- Set the country to the US (why this works is also an enigma ><)

- Start the game

- Sign in and see if it "sticks"

Rest assured we're investigating this further and both the CKIII and tech team are trying to figure out the cause (and a solution!) but sadly there isn't a confirmed workaround for the time being :(. We have three possible workarounds that may solve it:

Disable IPv6
- Close CK3
- Go to Control Panel > View Network status and tasks > Change adapter settings (left side)
- Find your Hamachi Connection and Disable it
- Find your Internet connection adapter (for me, it was WiFi)
- Right click your internet adapter and select properties
- Scroll down to find "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and uncheck the box
- Select Ok
- Start up CK3 and should work.

Disable all other network adapters

1. Go to Windows Control panel.
  2. Click on Network & Internet.
  3. Click on View Network Status.
    Quick Tip: You can also quickly access these settings by right-clicking the network icon in the taskbar and selecting the Network & Internet settings option.
  4. Click on Change adapter options.
  5. Right-click all network adapters that are not connected to the internet and select the Disable option.

Use a VPN

- Obtain a VPN

- Set the country to the US (why this works is also an enigma ><)

- Start the game

- Sign in and see if it "sticks"
Disabling IPv6 worked for me. Thanks.

Reactions:
Has there been a fix yet, its been 13 months.
The problem is far less prevalent than before, various game and server-end fixes have helped a lot. But there are still a few affected users, clearly.

In most cases there's also been slow or unreliable internet involved, is that the situation here?

Game keeps disconnecting during multiplayer sessions, the internet is stable but still can't play longer than 15 minutes with my friends, why we can't just play through the local server and have to open a multiplayer session in the server list if these servers are not working correctly? I disabled Ipv6 and still no result.

It is still not fun for me. Yesterday I was getting disconnected every 15~30 minutes. We kept playing for a 6 to 7 hours session. The same happened the previous week. At some point, we decided that I simply couldn't be the host anymore as I would drop everybody with me. So I just had to keep coming back to my friend's session, experiencing the IA undoing my decisions. Please could you help me? I really enjoy the game, but it is being hard.

Some more background: about one year ago I used to play Crusader King 3 without the problem I mentioned. I would play for hours, where very occasionally I would get disconnected. Since then nothing much has changed, just me with less time available to play; The internet provider is the same, my internet equipment as well, and so my computer. The only thing that has changed is my Windows version. (Please don't suggest I switch back to an older version).

For some more specifics, my game is disconnecting from the online session. Then, when I get back to the main menu, my paradox account is disconnected. I have also tried marking that checkbox to allow it to reconnect with my Steam account. I don't think that changes anything at all.

Thank you

Did you try everything up in post #6 ?

My father has the same issue right now (disabled Ipv6 already tried). Me as the host things work fine. My father does not have Royal court, in case that it would matter.

I had this problem, but I solved it by changing a few things. In device manager, I turned off the power saving feature in power management in the network adapter settings. I also updated the network adapter driver (not sure if this is necessary). Since then, it works fine for me when I use a 5G connection. But it still happens when I use a bad wi-fi connection.

So, my roomie and I are having this same issue [ mainly, me ]. We both own Stellaris on PS4 with all the DLCs, but didn't like how slow and bogged down the game got. So, he just got a PC, and he bought the game with all the DLCs, and I bought the base game [ because we only play multiplayer together, only one of us needs all the DLCs for the mechanics ].

We've both tried playing multiplayer with random players, and not had any issues.

Now... We're both connected via Wi-Fi to the same router. When I hardwire my PC, I stop getting disconnected every 15 - 30 minutes with this message. Everything seems fine. As I understand it, PS4 (and possibly PS5) automatically "port forward". On PC, you manually have to do it.

I've not done any port forwarding yet for my PC, because hardwiring it seems to fix the issue. For those with multiple people running off of one modem/router, maybe it's a port forwarding issue?

Last edited: