• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fabbee

Corporal
75 Badges
Jul 20, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
It makes absolutely no sense what so ever, I verified steam game cache, reinstalled the game, reinstalled windows, nothing seem to fix it, the game just freezes and I have to kill the process in task manager. There are no mods at all active. It happens irregularly but once every 6 months to a year ingame time, even shorter sometimes, really no exact time span.
Specs shouldn't even be close to an issue as I got a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and RTX 2080, if someone has a clue what is wrong I can add the rest of it. All the latest drivers too.
Help?

Has this always happened for you with this game on this computer? Or only since when?

After the freeze can you start the game right up again okay? Or do you have to reboot, or wait a while, before it will run again?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .

Please report the temperatures of your CPU and video (GPU)
1/ before starting the game up and
2/ after say 10 minutes' play.
If your PC's vendor has given you no way of reading temperatures, install
SPEEDFAN http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Has this always happened for you with this game on this computer? Or only since when?

After the freeze can you start the game right up again okay? Or do you have to reboot, or wait a while, before it will run again?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .

Please report the temperatures of your CPU and video (GPU)
1/ before starting the game up and
2/ after say 10 minutes' play.
If your PC's vendor has given you no way of reading temperatures, install
SPEEDFAN http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
Hi Andrew, it haven't been happening for too long, I was playing it fine about a month ago and I played through a few campaigns on my own, then one coop campaign with a friend and the issues started happening while I was streaming on twitch, then after that it have kept on crashing off stream aswell. I can just start the game like nothing happend after it crashes and it is the same everytime, obviously when it crashes a few times it gets on my nerves and I stop playing for a while and if I come back later during the day the issue just keeps happening.

The temperatures shouldn't be an issue as I run a high end gaming PC with watercooling, the temps have gone up since I did the windows reset as it reset everything I had in terms of settings for fans, but the issues was before the window reset anyway

The temps before were GPU 50C and CPU 54C, after the game was playing for 15 minutes (crashed twice) the temps were GPU 64C and CPU60C

If you need anything else just ask and I'll provide it, thanks

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    120 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    363 bytes · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    1,3 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    134 bytes · Views: 0
  • system.log
    12,1 KB · Views: 0
Those temps are okay, problems start around 80c.

To stream did you install or use any video capture software? That should be disabled or turned off while playing now.

The crashes we see in stellaris.exe in that dxdiag are not familiar to me. We are also seeing crashes in MsMpEng.exe / mpengine.dll which I believe is part of Windows Defender - also not something I've seen before. Would you say you are having other problems in Windows , aside from these issues with this game?

Do CK2, EU4 and HOi4 work okay or have similar issues?

Those temps are okay, problems start around 80c.

To stream did you install or use any video capture software? That should be disabled or turned off while playing now.

The crashes we see in stellaris.exe in that dxdiag are not familiar to me. We are also seeing crashes in MsMpEng.exe / mpengine.dll which I believe is part of Windows Defender - also not something I've seen before. Would you say you are having other problems in Windows , aside from these issues with this game?

Do CK2, EU4 and HOi4 work okay or have similar issues?
I haven't been suffering in other games, no, multiplayer hoi4 modded was struggling a bit but then again might aswell be mods causing it, I have no issues with windows in itself, it is just the game, if I am watching series or youtube on the other monitor that doesn't get affected at all, it is just the game dying, I could try a complete reinstall of windows and remove everything on every disk and try to see if that fixes it

I haven't been suffering in other games, no, multiplayer hoi4 modded was struggling a bit but then again might aswell be mods causing it, I have no issues with windows in itself, it is just the game, if I am watching series or youtube on the other monitor that doesn't get affected at all, it is just the game dying, I could try a complete reinstall of windows and remove everything on every disk and try to see if that fixes it
No success, completely clean PC, all harddrives are clean, I used memtest86 to check if it was my RAM that was starting to die but it wasn't as both my sticks passed the tests with 0 errors, 4 hours well spent sitting and waiting for nothing... man this is frustrating

Do you have a save game file that shows this problem reliably? If so please attach it here.

Do you have a save game file that shows this problem reliably? If so please attach it here.
As I wiped the computer completely from all files and it still didn't solve it I don't have any left atm, I also had the issue on all saves that I played, I have sent the PC to the local store to see if it is an hardware issue aswell, I guess it could be the motherboard but what do I know, I tested the GPU and RAM on their own and they should both be fine, but testing the motherboard I do not have equipment for so I sent it away, I'll see what they say when they come back to me