• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

keevylu

Recruit
Jun 27, 2021
My game crashes a lot. I’m currently in my 13th attempt to load my city. My city has only 15,000 people and PS4 software and game are fully up to date.
Why is this happening and should I just get my money back? It usually take at least four attempts to get the game up and running but this is getting ridiculous.
In the year 2021, how can a product be SO bad. It looks on Google like this has been going on since 2016 so it doesn’t look like Paradox really care. They got my money though.
Hmm, 14 times now.

Upvote 0
I am sorry this is happening to you, but we know it does not happen to all console or even PS4 players. Why you are affected so badly I am not sure; perhaps if you can get a refund still that's a good idea.

Otherwise you can try this:

- uninstall the game from the PS4

- clear the PS4 cache and game files (save game data)

- rebuild its cache:

- install the game again

I hope that helps you!

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

Unfortunately none of that helps. It’s been the same since day one but steadily worsening. It crashes over 20 times before I can get on my level. But most of the time I give up at 10.

It’s a disgrace really. I paid a not-insignificant sum for this game and I report the crash every time. But it only gets worse.

I’ve heard that this is actually quite a common problem. But it seems Paradox/PlayStation have no interest/intention on trying to resolve.

Very disappointing.

Cheers.

I handle almost all of the tech support for this game here and in our ticket system. I'd know if every PS4 player was seeing this all the time!

Yes, there have been crashes for some players on some occasions, on every platform. But not continuously like you are seeing!

One thing I've seen help with various games on the Xbox is to make a new user profile on the machine, and install and play as that. Presumably that means a corrupted user profile. I'm not familiar with how the PS4 does such things but is there an equivalent process you can do there, to try that idea out?