• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Akbar The Great

Colonel
46 Badges
Oct 12, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition

Description of problem
Endless crashes.

What game version are you running?
It crashes every 5 minutes.

What platform are you playing on?
Steam

Please select any/all DLC you have enabled.
Hellenistic world flavor pack, Epirus flavor pack, Magna Graecia Content Pack, Epirus Content Pack

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
It crashes all the time. It does not CTD but rather "hangs" then the blue circle appears screen goes when etc

Steps to reproduce the issue.
No idea. Please note I have had endless problems with this game, It will only save to cloud and get another error If I try to save concentionally, I had the "can't access the game data folder" error on the launcher, though that seems to have disapeared. Achievements in Iron Man have been broken too. I have spent endless hours trying to fix this game, going through endkless reccomended steps over and over again...please note I never have any problem with any PDS game, only this one, I have never had as many problems with a single game as I have had woth this one in the nearly two years I have tried to play it consistently. 2.01 played without crashes, but achievements were broken, and I had the "game access" error, and only save to cloud issue - now with 2.02 it is YET AGAIN UNPLAYABLE.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments​

Attachments

• error.log
    11,6 KB · Views: 0
Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-Imperator
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Imperator AND Documents/Paradox/Imperator folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Imperator or Documents Imperator locations, before installing again.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-Imperator
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Imperator AND Documents/Paradox/Imperator folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Imperator or Documents Imperator locations, before installing again.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log
I have the same or similar issue and the re-install didn't help
want me to make a seperate thread or upload the files in this one?

I have the same or similar issue and the re-install didn't help
want me to make a seperate thread or upload the files in this one?
Always a separate thread please, as similar symptoms don't always mean same root case.