• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ilyasviel

Major
16 Badges
May 7, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
It's late to be making this thread, but I've finally had enough of this issue. I've never had any issue with DH until patch 1.05, and since then, my games inevitably end up having to be ditched because they start causing constant blue screens. Sometimes it starts happening as early as the 1930s, but most of the time it starts in the mid 1940s. They never happen only at a specific date, but they tend to come at around the same time during a game. Initially I suspected that this was caused by my cpu overclock, but at this point I have to discard this possibility. I'm overclocking to 4500mhz, and with my current voltage setting I'm able to pass a stress test without errors and play any other game without any BSOD. As a test, I tried lowering the clock speed to 4200mhz while keeping the same voltage, and the result was that DH still causes blue screens.

Attachments

• 20191208 131947.jpg
    20191208 131947.jpg
    38,1 KB · Views: 21
I'm sorry to say that, but the most an application like Darkest Hour could do is to crash itself to desktop.
Experiencing BSOD is a hint for unstable system - hardware (memory, overheating, power or just faulty component) or system drivers.
I had a feeling someone would say that, and that's what I assumed at first as well, but at this point I fail to see anything wrong with the system. Everything is at default clock speed in my bios apart from the cpu, but even putting that to default causes DH to BSOD. Even a stress test is fine. My drivers are updated, even my motherboard's. Temperature is normal, DH doesn't even cause my fans to noticeably increase. I have no idea what to check anymore. What part of my hardware could be making DH specifically cause BSOD while my other games, most of which are more demanding, are fine?

MartinBG is right, BSoD are virtually always driver or hardware issues.

Next time you get one, write down or photo the exact text in the BSoD which will help pinpoint the type and area of the problem. You may also find them recorded in the Windows Event Viewer, and if on Win8 or later at the end of dxdiag.txt

MartinBG is right, BSoD are virtually always driver or hardware issues.

Next time you get one, write down or photo the exact text in the BSoD which will help pinpoint the type and area of the problem. You may also find them recorded in the Windows Event Viewer, and if on Win8 or later at the end of dxdiag.txt
Alright, I went ahead and got a photo. Note that this time, I went in the BIOS before playing and set everything to default because I wanted to be 100% sure that it wasn't one of my settings causing this. I forgot how awfully slow this PC is without modifications. Fortunately I didn't have to put up with it for very long, because DH caused a BSOD within a month of playing. Interestingly, it seems that the lower my clock speed, the faster the game is at causing a BSOD.

Attachments

• DSCN2246 (2).jpg
    DSCN2246 (2).jpg
    763,1 KB · Views: 22