• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(46195)

Colonel
Jul 10, 2005
An Event Package For

A Consolidated China Improvement Pack

Proposed:
1. Germany recognizes Manchuko and withdraws advisers (Sept 1938).

2. The Wannan Incident (Sept? 1940).

3. The break down of the post war CCP/ROC reconciliation talks (or perhaps not?).

4. A modernizing of China's mining industry (Part of a Consolidated China event).
*Areas that are controlled by Japan should not be increased.
*How much though? China should not have to import energy, they do have a patch or two of coal. Iron and Copper not so much (importing since 1960s), and as to Rares they have plenty of Tungsten, Molybdenum, and some Manganese, but how to weigh it? (No AMU jokes.)
*It should cost money and supplies... but how much?

5. A modest improvement to China's existing tech teams (Another Part of a Consolidated China event). It should also wake:
*Dr. Qian Xuesen- rocketry (he is also an accomplished science in applied mechanics and system engineering, so maybe technical efficiency as well)
*Shiing-shen Chern (as is he should be slept from the start)
*Maybe Dr. Ta-You Wu - Nuclear Physics and Engineering (He certainly has credentials in Nuclear Physics)
*This should cost money and supplies as well... but how much?

6. Additional mineral and oil exploration/production.

Qian Xuesen was in the US, he didn't return to China until the 50s when McCarthy et al accused him of being a communist. So he probably should not be in either faction's techteams.
Ok then, no Qian Xuesen. Maybe the "Aviation Institute" in Szechwan for rocketry. Or someone else?

As for rares, China lacks rubber etc, which is also considered part of the rares.
Hmm, not so much Rare then...
I am thinking a 60% Energy, 30% metal, 10% Rare. That should allow expansion up to 220IC, with a dramatic increase in rare consuption, and an increase in metal importation.

We should probably start a new thread for this if you're interested.
Done.

Some starting points:

Resource Totals in none Japanese Areas and not in Mongolia and Tibet:
110 Metal, 201 Energy, 44 Rare, (2 Oil to start)
Totals: 45 Metal (41%), 124 Energy (62%), 6 Rare (14%)

[Edit: Clutter deleted]
CHI tech teams:
Name;Level;Specialties;
CAMCO;2;aeronautics;electronics;technical_efficiency
Dading Engine Factory;3;aeronautics;electronics
Hanyang Arsenal;2;mechanics;artillery;general_equipment;training;
Kwangtung Arsenal;2;mechanics;artillery;general_equipment;
Chung Hing Coal Company;2;industrial_engineering;management;
Alexander von Falkenhausen;4;large_unit_tactics;infantry_focus;centralized_execution;training;
Chiang Kai-shek;2;large_unit_tactics;infantry_focus;individual_courage;
Claire Chennault;4;fighter_tactics;bomber_tactics;piloting;
Huang Chen-tsuo;2;fighter_tactics;aircraft_testing;piloting;
Chen Shao-kuan;2;small_taskforce_tactics;naval_training;seamanship;
Kiangnan Dock and Engineering Works;2;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;
Shiing-shen Chern;5;mathematics;
Academia Sinica;2;mechanics;chemistry;management;mathematics;
Huangpu Military Academy;1;large_unit_tactics;infantry_focus;individual_courage;training;
China National Aviation Corporation;2;aeronautics;electronics;management;
Chang'an;3;artillery;mechanics;general_equipment;
Yong Li;4;;industrial_engineering;chemistry;
National Machine Works;3;industrial_engineering;mechanics;general_equipment;management;
China Development & Finance Corp.;2;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;

Last edited:
Good. I've a few more suggestions to make:

1. Include the CHI + CHC graphics and names pack in here.
2. Include the CHI event fixes in here.
3. China should get the techteams of the warlords once they take over.
3a. Zebedee also suggested Hoff Lu for the nuclear techs, available 1941.
3b. If the mining operations are to be expanded via events, then the "coal mine" techteams should be, too.
4. Make a Chinese Civil War viable. (Which Doomsday probably will, but we can still try.)

mib said:
Good. I've a few more suggestions to make:

1. Include the CHI + CHC graphics and names pack in here.
2. Include the CHI event fixes in here.
3. China should get the techteams of the warlords once they take over.
3a. Zebedee also suggested Hoff Lu for the nuclear techs, available 1941.
3b. If the mining operations are to be expanded via events, then the "coal mine" techteams should be, too.
4. Make a Chinese Civil War viable. (Which Doomsday probably will, but we can still try.)
Great ideas.

I have entered the Mining Improvement command province resource data via "add_prov_resource" into a file named "mine.txt" and added the stating oil fields into the Province File:
http://rapidshare.de/files/8794019/Raw_Data.rar.html
Also included is the resource master list (so far).
Changqing Oil Company should be added.

Logo Idea:

Last edited:
Code:
CHI;Name;Pic Name;Skill;Start Year;End Year;Speciality1;Speciality2;Speciality3;Speciality4;Speciality5;Speciality6;Speciality7;Speciality8;Speciality9;Speciality10;Speciality11;Speciality12;Speciality13;Speciality14;Speciality15;Speciality16;Speciality17;Speciality18;Speciality19;Speciality20;Speciality21;Speciality22;Speciality23;Speciality24;Speciality25;Speciality26;Speciality27;Speciality28;Speciality29;Speciality30;Speciality31;Speciality32;x
1000;CAMCO;T1000;4;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1001;Dading Engine Factory;T1001;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1002;Hanyang Arsenal;T1002;4;1930;1970;mechanics;artillery;general_equipment;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1004;Chung Hing Coal Company;T1004;3;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1005;Alexander von Falkenhausen;T1005;5;1930;1960;large_unit_tactics;infantry_focus;centralized_execution;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1006;Chiang Kai-shek;T1006;4;1930;1970;large_unit_tactics;infantry_focus;individual_courage;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1007;Claire Chennault;T1007;4;1970;1970;fighter_tactics;bomber_tactics;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1008;Huang Chen-tsuo;T1008;3;1930;1970;fighter_tactics;aircraft_testing;piloting;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1009;Chen Shao-kuan;T1009;3;1930;1970;small_taskforce_tactics;naval_training;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1010;Kiangnan Dock and Engineering Works;T1010;3;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1011;Shiing-shen Chern;T1011;6;1930;1970;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1012;Academia Sinica;T1012;4;1930;1970;mechanics;chemistry;management;mathematics;rocketry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1013;Huangpu Military Academy;T1013;3;1930;1970;large_unit_tactics;infantry_focus;individual_courage;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1014;China National Aviation Corporation;T1014;3;1930;1970;aeronautics;electronics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1015;Chang'an;T1015;4;1930;1970;artillery;mechanics;general_equipment;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1016;Yong Li;T1016;5;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1017;National Machine Works;T8500;4;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;mechanics;general_equipment;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1018;China Development & Finance Corp.;T1018;4;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8801;Taiyuan Arsenal;T8801;4;1930;1970;artillery;general_equipment;training;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8802;Peking University;T8802;3;1930;1970;mechanics;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8804;Dagu Shipyard;T8804;2;1930;1970;naval_engineering;naval_artillery;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8805;Tianjin Machinery Factory;T8805;3;1930;1970;mechanics;general_equipment;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8806;Kaiping Coal Mine;T1004;3;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8807;Tianjin Tram & Electric Co.;T8807;3;1930;1970;mechanics;electronics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8808;Zhili Gongye Zongju;T8808;4;1930;1970;industrial_engineering;electronics;technical_efficiency;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8701;Kwangtung Arsenal;T1003;4;1930;1970;mechanics;artillery;general_equipment;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8702;Guangzhou Shipyard;T8702;3;1930;1970;naval_engineering;naval_artillery;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
8706;Zhongshan University;T8706;3;1930;1970;mechanics;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
11001;Xibei University;T11001;3;1940;1970;mechanics;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
1019;Hoff Lu;T1011;6;1941;1970;nuclear_physics;nuclear_engineering;mathematics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
11401;State Southwest Associated University;T11401;3;1938;1948;mechanics;chemistry;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
Modest improvements to CHI tech teams, includes "tangible" teams from warlords, ie. universities, mines, factories, etc. No new doctrine researchers. "Government" tech teams (arsenals, academies) improved on average by 2, "civilian" tech teams (factories, mines) improved on average by 1.

Will do events for sleeping/waking warlords and Hoff Lu/Ta-You Wu/Shiing-shen Chern.

mib said:
Nice logo. I'll whip up something to make CHI (and maybe CHC too) get warlord techs if they've been annexed.

PS. Do you have MSN or AIM, we can coordinate stuff there.
Unfortunately not, I do have ICQ. I will download one or the other... which is better?
Modest improvements to CHI tech teams, includes "tangible" teams from warlords, ie. universities, mines, factories, etc. No new doctrine researchers. "Government" tech teams (arsenals, academies) improved on average by 2, "civilian" tech teams (factories, mines) improved on average by 1.

Will do events for sleeping/waking warlords and Hoff Lu/Ta-You Wu/Shiing-shen Chern.
Excellent List. I have a few suggestions:
1. Only Upgrade Chang Kai Sheck to 3.
2. Move Rocketry To CAMCO (After their factory was overrun they formed Hindustan Aircraft Ltd. which pioneered India's Jet production.)
3. Add Submarine_doctrine to Chen Shao-kuan.

I was thinking of keeping the old teams minus Siing-Shen Chern, and improving (sleeping the old ones, waking the improved ones) them and adding the new ones through a Meta China Consolidated event.

I compiled a list of old and new and improved (as suggested):
http://rapidshare.de/files/8797924/teams_chi.csv.html

Last edited:
Duke_of_BOOM! said:
Unfortunately not, I do have ICQ. I will download one or the other... which is better?
Trillian. :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trillian_(instant_messenger)

Personally I think MSN is better than AIM, but since I use Trillian I have both. (And Google Talk too.)

Duke_of_BOOM! said:
Excellent List. I have a few suggestions:
1. Only Upgrade Chang Kai Sheck to 3.
Then Whampoa and Chiang would be pretty much the same... Hm.
Duke_of_BOOM! said:
2. Move Rocketry To CAMCO (After their factory was overrun they formed Hindustan Aircraft Ltd. which pioneered India's Jet production.)
Doubt they had the capacity to do so in 1936... how about waking a new CAMCO in the 40s with rocketry. Oh and if China joins the Axis, sleep this.[/QUOTE]
Duke_of_BOOM! said:
3. Add Submarine_doctrine to Chen Shao-kuan.
Is this based on real life? ie. was he big on subs?

Duke_of_BOOM! said:
I was thinking of keeping the old teams minus Siing-Shen Chern, and improving (sleeping the old ones, waking the improved ones) them and adding the new ones through a Meta China Consolidated event.
Why sleep Chern?
Duke_of_BOOM! said:
I compiled a list of old and new and improved (as suggested):
http://rapidshare.de/files/8797924/teams_chi.csv.html
Thanks.

And I think there should be an event that changes Communist China and Nationalist China to just "China" if one of them is KOed.

mib said:
Trillian. :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trillian_(instant_messenger)

Personally I think MSN is better than AIM, but since I use Trillian I have both. (And Google Talk too.)

Got it thanks.

Then Whampoa and Chiang would be pretty much the same... Hm.

Doubt they had the capacity to do so in 1936... how about waking a new CAMCO in the 40s with rocketry. Oh and if China joins the Axis, sleep this.
That works, the only other team I can think of would be the "AIDC (Aero Industry Development Center)" predicessor the "Aviation Institute" (The name location [Szechwan] and establishment date [1939] is all I have on it. )

Is this based on real life? ie. was he big on subs?
Chang Kai Sheck was and hired numerous foriegn submarine advisors.

Why sleep Chern
'cause I misread his biography :D
He should be in.
Fixed it, as well as a couple of typos:
http://rapidshare.de/files/8801356/teams_chi.csv.html

Thanks.

And I think there should be an event that changes Communist China and Nationalist China to just "China" if one of them is KOed.
I agree, though I have no idea how to do it.

I need a picture of a young Hoff Lu if you have one, I am not terribly happy with the one I found and shop'd:

Last edited:
Thoughts on implimenting the Final Phase of the China Civil War:
1. 50 Free TC for the CCP, removed after the war.
2. 2 CCP Normal divisions, 1 Mountian division, 1 militia (to represent the 100,000 soldiers 20,000 Cadre) added in Manchuria.
3. Every 3 Months hit ROC with added decent as long as the Civil War lasts:
a. Dictatorship 5 added
b. Social Conservative 3 added
c. Market Liberal 1 added
This will represent the widespread civil unrest and economic calamity expierenced by the ROC.
4. US lead mediation.
5. Free Supplies for the CCP, to represent the large amount of captured from ROC (Chang was nicknamed "The People's Quatermaster" by the CCP) and Japanese. Possibly a drain on the ROC to represent this loss (Can we do a negative value, or do we increase attrition?).

In general: We need some SC ministers, the selection is pretty dismal if the government slides to Market liberal.

molobo said:
Hmm I think it was in SMEP(although I could be wrong) that you had an option as Sweden to create Scandinavia making it a new country.Perhaps you should look at this...
It is done by loading a new country file (two will have to be created if we do the PRC as well). The problem we have if we do this is that other events will have to be tailored for it, and I am not sure how the AI would handle the new powerfull nation.

Last edited:
Duke_of_BOOM! said:
Thoughts on implimenting the Final Phase of the China Civil War:
1. 50 Free TC for the CCP, removed after the war.
2. 2 CCP Normal divisions, 1 Mountian division, 1 militia (to represent the 100,000 soldiers 20,000 Cadre) added in Manchuria.
3. Every 3 Months hit ROC with added decent as long as the Civil War lasts:
a. Dictatorship 5 added
b. Social Conservative 3 added
c. Market Liberal 1 added
This will represent the widespread civil unrest and economic calamity expierenced by the ROC.
4. US lead mediation.
5. Free Supplies for the CCP, to represent the large amount of captured from ROC (Chang was nicknamed "The People's Quatermaster" by the CCP) and Japanese. Possibly a drain on the ROC to represent this loss (Can we do a negative value, or do we increase attrition?).
Sounds great, we can sort this out later.

Duke_of_BOOM! said:
It is done by loading a new country file (two will have to be created if we do the PRC as well). The problem we have if we do this is that other events will have to be tailored for it, and I am not sure how the AI would handle the new powerfull nation.
A regular_id daisy chain, perhaps? :D Set CHI and CHC's regular_id to something like CHN. (Or U01, lol) Not sure if it'd work with the warlords' regular_id already set to CHI. Then, use a flag-changing event a la Vicky to change the flag to the PRC flag if communist, ROC if otherwise. If that event command is still active, that is.

Working on the Wannan incident, I have the header down and I am working on effects (-20 relations end of CCP ROC alliance). Should this be tied into the United Front events?

I currently am also working on adding some new ministers:
Wang Ching-wei (??) (Dies in 1944)
Feng Yü-hsiang (??)
K'ung Hsiang-hsi (SU or ML)
Yen Chia-kan (SU or ML)
Chiang Ching-kuo (ML or SU)
Chiang Wei-kuo (FA)
Henry Heng Hsu (SU or ML)
Sheng Shicai (PA or FA)
Ta-You Wu (SU or ML)

I need some more.

mib said:
A regular_id daisy chain, perhaps? :D Set CHI and CHC's regular_id to something like CHN. (Or U01, lol) Not sure if it'd work with the warlords' regular_id already set to CHI. Then, use a flag-changing event a la Vicky to change the flag to the PRC flag if communist, ROC if otherwise. If that event command is still active, that is.
Sounds good.

Last edited:
Duke_of_BOOM! said:
Working on the Wannan incident, I have the header down and I am working on effects (-20 relations end of CCP ROC alliance). Should this be tied into the United Front events?
In 1.3 CHC enters into war with Japan if CHI selects to form the Unified Front but there is no alliance with CHI.

Also, I believe "New 4th Army Incident" is better known than "Wannan Incident".

mib said:
In 1.3 CHC enters into war with Japan if CHI selects to form the Unified Front but there is no alliance with CHI.

I think the Unified front was removed entirely.

Code:
##########################################
###New Fourth Army Incident-ROC

event = {
    id = ###0
    random = no
    country = CHI

name = "New 4th Army Incident"
    desc = "Skirmishes between Kuomintang and Communist Chinese forces escalate into an outright attack by ROC forces against the CCP Fourth Army killing thousands of CCP personnel and greatly straining the anti-Japanese truce."
        picture = "New 4th Army Incident"

trigger = {
        atwar = { country = JAP country = CHI }
        atwar = { country = JAP country = CHC }
        NOT = {
            war = { country = CHI country = CHC }
        }
        random = 50
    }

date = { day = 1 month = October year = 1940 }#January 6, 1941

action_a = {
        ai_chance = 100
        name = "This will hurt the United Front!" #
        command = { type = end_non_aggression which = CHI where = CHC }
        command = { type = type = end_access which = CHC }
        command = { type = supplies = -10 }
        command = { type = manpower = -3 }
        command = { type = relation which = CHC value = -20 }
        command = { type = trigger which = ###1 }
        command = { which = defense_lobby value = 1 }
        }
}

###New Fourth Army Incident-CHC

event = {
    id = ###1
    random = no
    country = CHC

name = "New 4th Army Incident"
    desc = "Skirmishes between Kuomintang and Communist Chinese forces escalate into an outright attack by ROC forces against the CCP Fourth Army killing thousands of CCP personnel and greatly straining the anti-Japanese truce."
        picture = "New 4th Army Incident"

#trigger CHI ###0

action_a = {
        ai_chance = 100
        name = "They will pay!" #
        command = { type = type = end_access which = CHI }
        command = { type = supplies = -10 }
        command = { type = manpower = -6 }
        command = { which = defense_lobby value = 1 }
    }
}

Last edited:
Duke_of_BOOM! said:
I think the Unified front was removed entirely.
Nonono, it wasn`t. I believe the changes in 1.3 makes it so that C.China declares war on Japan, but doesn`t enter a specific alliance with N.China (because historically it wasn`t as much an alliance as just a joint enemy). I suppose they could use different triggers for making C.China declare war, but what do I know.

Kinseek said:
Nonono, it wasn`t. I believe the changes in 1.3 makes it so that C.China declares war on Japan, but doesn`t enter a specific alliance with N.China (because historically it wasn`t as much an alliance as just a joint enemy). I suppose they could use different triggers for making C.China declare war, but what do I know.
In theory, prior to the New Fourth Army incident CCP the 8th Route Army and Fourth Army where under the control of the ROC. Though they where often insubordinate, and orders from Mao or other Committee members over-ruled those of ROC commanders.

The advisers situation in 1938 for the ROC was bizarre: For a brief time they had British, French, German, US, and Soviet advisers. :eek:

Anyways the recognition of Manchuko:
Code:
#"[E]ven the greatest victory gained by Japan would be infinitely less dangerous for civilization and world-peace than any success achieved by Bolshevism . . ."
#-A.H. 20 Feb 1938
###Hitler Recognizes Manchuko -GER

event = {
    id = ###0
    random = no
    country = GER

name = "Hitler Recognizes Manchuko"
    desc = "The German government officially recognizes the Kingdom of Manchuko, and orders German advisers withdrawn from the Republic of China."
        picture = "advisers"
        date = { day = 20 month = May year = 1938 }

action_a = {
        ai_chance = 95
        name = "Support Japan"
        command = { type = relation which = CHI value = -20 }
        command = { type = relation which = CHC value = -20 }
        command = { type = relation which = MAN value = 30 }
        command = { type = relation which = JAP value = 20 }
        command = { type = trigger which = ###1 }
        }

action_b = {
        ai_chance = 5
        name = "Support China"
        command = { type = relation which = CHI value = 20 }
        command = { type = relation which = MAN value = -30 }
        command = { type = relation which = JAP value = -30 }
        }
}

###Hitler Recognizes Manchuko -CHI

event = {
    id = ###0
    random = no
    country = CHI

name = "Hitler Recognizes Manchuko"
    desc = "The German government officially recognizes the Kingdom of Manchuko, and orders German advisers withdrawn from the Republic of China."
        picture = "advisers"

#trigger GER ###0

action_a = {
        ai_chance = 100
        name = "Rats!"
        command = { type = sleepteam  which = 1005 } #Alexander von Falkenhausen
        }
}

These events look right? They are my first multi-event chains.

Last edited:
Manchukuo means Manchu Empire. So "Kingdom of Manchukuo" is redundant. It was an empire, too.

Only problem I can see is that the CHI player would be researching a land doctrine with von Falkenhausen and suddenly all his years of investment will be in vain... :eek:

Also, sleep von Falkenhausen as a general, and any other German advisor tag-alongs. I remember a security minister that came along with von Falkenhausen.