• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I didn’t mention any purchase of some sort, only the release of unreleased DLC content for the Remastered Edition of Cities Skylines for consoles.

However, I bought the game as digital version on Xbox in 2017 and also some DLCs in bundles for a discount price.
Since I own all DLCs for the Xbox version of CS, I could download all these contents again for the remaster FOR FREE.

At least on Xbox, it’s possible to purchase DLC for the Remaster that can also be used in the old Xbox version as well. So it works both ways, for owners of the old version, as well as for new players that start with the remaster and the Xbox One base version.

As far as I know, physical disc and PS+ versions are excluded from this deal, which is a pity, but reality.
Ok, i understand! ;)

Because I think you bought the DLC accessories for money in addition to your "free" XBOX ONE base game. No? So the originally "paid" DLC for the ONE version is free for you in the Remastered version. BUT NOT THE BASE GAME, because you didn't pay for it! Was it so? PS4 vs. PS5 is the same.
Correct, I've gotten the free psplus game and have bought multiple DLC's which adds up to the same price as having bought the base game. Too bad they don't give the upgrade for free when you've bought dlc

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've had enough of this and I want refunding for a new console and repurchasing CS digitally (I prev had xbox one and game disc) I upgraded console and repurchased game digitally for the SOLE purpose of being able to play 25 tiles. After 3 months of saving issues now my game keeps crashing. You have lost any future business from me!!!

I had cities from Xbox game pass. I have now installef the remastered version from the game pass but when I click on the Y button to go to the Microsoft shop nothing happens. Any ideas please?
Don't worry, this buggy mess is not fixed properly since its release. You have to go to Xbox Store manually, as Y button doesn't work. For example, I still (!) can't use my alphabet in the game (when I try to rename my city or district or anything else, there is only English alphabet) which isn't a problem in a base (usual) version of the game.

I can't access Remastered in Japan!
  • The release of Remastered on PS5 in the Japanese store is slightly delayed, it will be available soon!
When will the PS5 version of "Cities Skylines Remasterd" in Japan region be released?

I'm asking because the PS5 version of "Cities Skylines Remastered" in the Japan region has not yet been released, despite the fact that there is a quoted description.
(I used translation software, so I'm sorry if I'm wrong.)

When will the PS5 version of "Cities Skylines Remasterd" in Japan region be released?

I'm asking because the PS5 version of "Cities Skylines Remastered" in the Japan region has not yet been released, despite the fact that there is a quoted description.
(I used translation software, so I'm sorry if I'm wrong.)
Releasing 2 CCPs from a Japanese creator and still not releasing the game in Japan is 10/10 job Paradox/CO/Tantalus (sarcasm)... For God's sake, get your stuff together, fix countless bugs that we are reporting to you daily, release the game in Japan finally and move on to CS2 without any rush and being divided between CS1 PC/Xbox/PS4, CS Remastered Xbox Series/PS5 and CS2 versions!

P.S. WE PAID YOU FOR THE FINISHED PRODUCT (not alpha or beta testing), don't forget or misunderstand this FACT.

P.P.S. And for those who can't stand criticism against sacred developers/companies, try to use your common sense. I'm not talking about late DLCs, I'm talking about game breaking bugs that are not fixed! If I buy a car from a dealership, I can wait for software updates or accessories, whatever. But I'm not going to sit still if my car breaks down after 10 miles day after day with unclear promises or silence from the manufacturer.

Here is the example of attitude and testing: after 3 months with game saving issue developers knew that people are not satisfied and what do they do? They release Plazas & Promenades DLC where Garbage service points are broken and pedestrian/cyclists paths are totally missing. Seriously, did you even start the game and actually tested what you were about to add? Who is going to defend this kind of behaviour? But yeah, sure, we should sit and wait for a few weeks or months for some patch. This really reminds me a Rome Total War 2 situation...

Last edited:
Reactions:
View attachment 945559

Is the Remastered version free?
  • Yes, if you already own the Base Game or any DLCs, the Remastered version of those products will be available to you without any additional cost. Please note that this only applies to digital purchases, scroll down for more information.
Will I be able to play with all my DLCs?
  • Currently, all DLCs until the 2022 release of "Airports" are Remastered. We are currently working on the remastered versions of the remaining DLCs (Plazas & Promenades, Financial Districts and all Content Creator Packs and Radio Stations released fall 2022) They will be available soon!
Is cross saves between the versions possible?
  • No, unfortunately not. The saves will only be available on the version you used when saving your City.
Will I be able to unlock all 25 tiles?
  • Yes!
Is the Remastered only available on PS5 and Xbox X|S
  • Yes
Will PS4 and Xbox One also get remastered?
  • No, unfortunately, the Remastered versions will only be available on PS5 and Xbox X|S. One of the main features we wanted to add was 25 tiles to build onto and sadly the older hardware of the PS4 and Xbox One would not be able to handle the simulation scale.
When will I get access to the new features?
  • Release of Cities: Skylines remastered is February 15th!
Can I still play my old Cities: Skylines Saves?
  • Yes, you can still play the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Cities: Skylines, there you have access to your old saves.
If I buy any of the New DLCs that are not remastered yet, will I get them later?
  • Yes, any content purchased for either version will give you a free copy of the Remastered version once that piece of content becomes available.
Will remastered be available for PC?
  • This is a Console-only update. The PC version of the game already has similar features that have not been accessible to the Console community - until now!
Will I have access to the remastered version automatically?
  • You need to download the remastered version of the base game and your DLCs manually, but they will be available without any additional cost automatically.
Why can't we have cross-saves?
  • The architecture of Cities: Skylines Remastered is different from its predecessor, to be able to accommodate Higher graphic quality, increased buildable tiles and overall better performance. Because of the technical limitations of old-gen consoles, we could not apply the same changes to that version, meaning it's two different code bases for the games - hence cross saves are not possible.
Can I upgrade my current Cities to the Remastered version?
  • See the answer above regarding save games and cross saves.
  • The release of Remastered on PS5 in the Japanese store is slightly delayed, it will be available soon!

I have a physical copy of Cities: Skylines, am I eligible for a free upgrade to Remastered?
  • Only digital purchases are eligible for a free upgrade to Remastered.
Why is there a price on the DLCs I own?
  • In some cases, you might see the price until you click on it. Once you click on the DLC, you should then see “install” instead of the price.
I have a PS Plus version of Cities: Skylines. Why can't I access Remastered for free?
  • If you own a PS Plus version of Cities: Skylines that you claimed from the 2020 giveaway of the game on PS Plus, you will not be able to access Remastered for free. You will have to buy the game to own it & get a free upgrade for Remastered.
Refuse to look through the forum if the answer is here. If you updated remastered for past dlc, why the wait on the last part? I have all the dlc's started building new with remastered figured you would keep it up to date.

Reactions:
Did I see correctly yesterday when I was playing that the ambulances also use the tram tracks? Also, do they change lanes and go through the red light if necessary, and do they not needlessly stand in traffic? Do police cars and firefighters know this too? or did my eyes just dazzle? I hope not because I liked it!!! I play on Xbox Series X.

Do we have an actual date yet for all of the missing DLC on the remastered version?? Really annoying me now... I mean I have pre ordered CS2 Delux edition before I have even had the chance to buy the last DLC's..... Seems crazy to me... And don't say late summer.. I mean late summer, when the heck is that with the new weather patterns lol..

View attachment 945559

Is the Remastered version free?
  • Yes, if you already own the Base Game or any DLCs, the Remastered version of those products will be available to you without any additional cost. Please note that this only applies to digital purchases, scroll down for more information.
Will I be able to play with all my DLCs?
  • Currently, all DLCs until the 2022 release of "Airports" are Remastered. We are currently working on the remastered versions of the remaining DLCs (Plazas & Promenades, Financial Districts and all Content Creator Packs and Radio Stations released fall 2022) They will be available soon!
Is cross saves between the versions possible?
  • No, unfortunately not. The saves will only be available on the version you used when saving your City.
Will I be able to unlock all 25 tiles?
  • Yes!
Is the Remastered only available on PS5 and Xbox X|S
  • Yes
Will PS4 and Xbox One also get remastered?
  • No, unfortunately, the Remastered versions will only be available on PS5 and Xbox X|S. One of the main features we wanted to add was 25 tiles to build onto and sadly the older hardware of the PS4 and Xbox One would not be able to handle the simulation scale.
When will I get access to the new features?
  • Release of Cities: Skylines remastered is February 15th!
Can I still play my old Cities: Skylines Saves?
  • Yes, you can still play the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Cities: Skylines, there you have access to your old saves.
If I buy any of the New DLCs that are not remastered yet, will I get them later?
  • Yes, any content purchased for either version will give you a free copy of the Remastered version once that piece of content becomes available.
Will remastered be available for PC?
  • This is a Console-only update. The PC version of the game already has similar features that have not been accessible to the Console community - until now!
Will I have access to the remastered version automatically?
  • You need to download the remastered version of the base game and your DLCs manually, but they will be available without any additional cost automatically.
Why can't we have cross-saves?
  • The architecture of Cities: Skylines Remastered is different from its predecessor, to be able to accommodate Higher graphic quality, increased buildable tiles and overall better performance. Because of the technical limitations of old-gen consoles, we could not apply the same changes to that version, meaning it's two different code bases for the games - hence cross saves are not possible.
Can I upgrade my current Cities to the Remastered version?
  • See the answer above regarding save games and cross saves.

I have a physical copy of Cities: Skylines, am I eligible for a free upgrade to Remastered?
  • Only digital purchases are eligible for a free upgrade to Remastered.
Why is there a price on the DLCs I own?
  • In some cases, you might see the price until you click on it. Once you click on the DLC, you should then see “install” instead of the price.
I have a PS Plus version of Cities: Skylines. Why can't I access Remastered for free?
  • If you own a PS Plus version of Cities: Skylines that you claimed from the 2020 giveaway of the game on PS Plus, you will not be able to access Remastered for free. You will have to buy the game to own it & get a free upgrade for Remastered.
Why not for physical edition ? I bought mine like 40€ or something but I can't get the remastered version ? That's messed up.

It is about money. Microsoft and Sony want your money for a new game. They never liked the used disc game market. They do not get money for used discs sales and you can not trade digital games. Disc gaming lost the battle. No way to prove you bought your disc new. I'm a former GameStop manager, my son just gave me his Xbox series and bought me remastered for Fathers day. He went into the U.S. Army Tuesday. Said he would get a new one with his bonus when he settled somewhere and would have time to play. Now I can trade in my disc. I may buy a DLC or two that still need.

Hi, someone please advise.
Just bought a dlc on the PS5 store that states “purchase of this product allows you to download both cities skylines & cities skylines remastered edition for ps5”

so I assumed this means that I would just have to pay for the dlc then go search for cities skylines remastered & it would be free? Yet I still have to buy the game.
please clarify as all the DLC/add ons in the store state the same thing

Hi, someone please advise.
Just bought a dlc on the PS5 store that states “purchase of this product allows you to download both cities skylines & cities skylines remastered edition for ps5”

so I assumed this means that I would just have to pay for the dlc then go search for cities skylines remastered & it would be free? Yet I still have to buy the game.
please clarify as all the DLC/add ons in the store state the same thing
The language should be updated as it misleading. It should state that it gives access to both the PS4 and PS5 versions of the DLC and not the base games themselves.

Hi there! Someone please advise:
I purchased the game on PS4 through the store on December 4, 2021 (not a free download, I bought it). It was on sale, so I grabbed it. I bought a bunch of dlc at the same time- a season pass, and a few other things-, now I’ve paid for the game and I’ve paid for the content, and I’ve enjoyed the heck out of it, but I can not ‘unlock’ the free Remastered download. As far as I understand, if you have the ‘free game of the month’ type version, you’re unfortunately excluded from the upgrade. But since I paid for mine, I should have it, correct? Am I wrong? If I’m right, how do I correct this?

Last edited:
Hi there! Someone please advise:
I purchased the game on PS4 through the store on December 4, 2021 (not a free download, I bought it). It was on sale, so I grabbed it. I bought a bunch of dlc at the same time- a season pass, and a few other things-, now I’ve paid for the game and I’ve paid for the content, and I’ve enjoyed the heck out of it, but I can not ‘unlock’ the free Remastered download. As far as I understand, if you have the ‘free game of the month’ type version, you’re unfortunately excluded from the upgrade. But since I paid for mine, I should have it, correct? Am I wrong? If I’m right, how do I correct this?
From what you say you should have it, yes.

But you are on a PS5 now, is that right? Because that is necessary to be able to run the Remastered edition.

From what you say you should have it, yes.

But you are on a PS5 now, is that right? Because that is necessary to be able to run the Remastered edition.
That’s right. I suppose I should have included that I’m looking to download to my PS5.

I’ve downloaded the PS4 version to the PS5, & have all my dlc’s on the 5, and the store still says I owe $53 for the Remastered edition.
I’m at a bit of a loss.

That’s right. I suppose I should have included that I’m looking to download to my PS5.

I’ve downloaded the PS4 version to the PS5, & have all my dlc’s on the 5, and the store still says I owe $53 for the Remastered edition.
I’m at a bit of a loss.

You bought it as a download, not on a DVD?