• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's a bummer, but at least we now have a confirmation that they're indeed coming. Hope they include the May update & its accompanying CCPs in the late summer patch.

There has never been any mention of a deadline, and they have already said that existing post-airports DLC that is not yet released for Remastered (e.g. Plazas and Promenades) will be free for those who already own it on the previous-gen edition (see the FAQ).
While it's possible that situation could change for the new CCPs, I think it would confuse the whole issue further, so I doubt Paradox would do that.

Personally, I don't currently own Plazas and Promenades, but will wait for another sale to get it, by which time I hope it will also be available for Remastered.
Yeah, that's why I'm curious.

I already started building my remastered city and I don't want to buy a bunch of DLCs I won't able to use until August.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm not usually the first to complain and get easily irritated by the tone some of my fellow console players had over the past years.

But this remastered version has been really, utterly disappointing. Finally to be able to build 25 Tiles was the holy grail for me. Only to realise some of the most important content (tram vehicles, new roads, pedestrian streets, skyscrapers) was missing.

You announced they would follow "very soon". I started building my 25 tile city, hoping to be able to add the missing content very soon. But, in retrospect, that comment wasn't true, was it?

You kept us in the dark for a period, ignoring questions, only to announce that all the missing content arrives late summer 2023. Late summer. That leaves us roughly 3 months to build a 25 tile city before the new game arrives. Basically, after all this time, you decided to give console players more tiles, but not the time to build on them.

This is just a big finger to the console community. And definitely not the great sendoff this fantastic game deserves. I'm truly disappointed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Now that we know the 2022 updates will arrive to the Remastered version in the summer & the March update in later in the summer (August?), Where does that leave the May update & it's accompanying CCPs?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Should Have delayed Remaster version until them - Or not bothered just added everything into xbox 1 version ( without 25 tiles ) left this for CS2
Why? How would make it your life better if they released it at the end of summer 2023? You can still wait on your own. Nothing changed for you by releasing it sooner.

Reactions:
Why? How would make it your life better if they released it at the end of summer 2023? You can still wait on your own. Nothing changed for you by releasing it sooner.
alot better - cause i would be happy with xbox one version for know and not keep moaning about lack of DLC for remastered version - noboby likes a remaster half complete and a few months away from CS2 by time remastered gets updated , think i said in earlier post better updating old version rather than this , so close to CS2 - quick money grapping from the 25 tile option -

Last edited:
Why did they even make this remaster? They released it with many features and new DLC missing and CS2 just around the corner
Why waste their time developing it? It is inferior version of the game and we have to wait months for it to catch up.
The game should have came with all DLC to date and the new DLC should release for it on day 1, otherwise why does it exist?
Who is it supposed to appeal to, I can only think it's to encourage new players but why at this stage in the games life cycle?
I think I will just delete this version of the game and spend my time with the standard Xbox One edition.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Why did they even make this remaster? They released it with many features and new DLC missing and CS2 just around the corner
Why waste their time developing it? It is inferior version of the game and we have to wait months for it to catch up.
The game should have came with all DLC to date and the new DLC should release for it on day 1, otherwise why does it exist?
Who is it supposed to appeal to, I can only think it's to encourage new players but why at this stage in the games life cycle?
I think I will just delete this version of the game and spend my time with the standard Xbox One edition.
Valid point about the timing alongside CS2, but I only partially agree on it being inferior. IMO it's only inferior from the perspective of the missing DLC and recent patches. Otherwise, I think it looks better overall compared to the original console version and is better performing. With that, the 25 tiles option, and the QOL improvements (again, compared to the original console edition), I think it's a worthwhile release with plenty of play time left in it - at least for those like me who probably won't get CS2 on day 1.
That said, I will certainly look forward to the remaining patches and DLC to be released, it's a real pity that won't be until the summer.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Valid point about the timing alongside CS2, but I only partially agree on it being inferior. IMO it's only inferior from the perspective of the missing DLC and recent patches. Otherwise, I think it looks better overall compared to the original console version and is better performing. With that, the 25 tiles option, and the QOL improvements (again, compared to the original console edition), I think it's a worthwhile release with plenty of play time left in it - at least for those like me who probably won't get CS2 on day 1.
That said, I will certainly look forward to the remaining patches and DLC to be released, it's a real pity that won't be until the summer.
I'm totally with you Timbad.

The update was free, they were VERY clear on the lack of DLC and CCP content. If you bought it I feel for you but they didn't force you to. The stick some are giving the remastered is in my view unfounded.

The amount of players banging the "I'm just going to wait for CS2" drum tells me the update was successful in simply rejuvenation of the community for CS2's announcement. Absolute masterstroke of PR/ marketing in fact.

I actually love remastered, yes they could have maybe done a bit more with it but hey, it was free. I suspect it was a bit of development they did to try to solve the 9 tile issue on a separate code branch when new consoles came out, and then realised quickly it would generate alot of interest in the community, so rather than keep it on the shelf they've badged it up as "remastered". Evidence being that all the 'improvements' seem very random in nature; implementation of the additional tiles by using the cheat code; random graphics enhancements, changes to road placement and the obvious lack of new DLC support to name a few. Doesn't really matter for those of us who got it free but for people that bought it I do think they can feel hard done by, but noone forced people to buy the game, there was never any suggestion about original version being binned so if players don't want to wait for summer for the DLCs then easy solution, reinstall the old one .... Now... Can we please change the record

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm totally with you Timbad.

The update was free, they were VERY clear on the lack of DLC and CCP content. If you bought it I feel for you but they didn't force you to. The stick some are giving the remastered is in my view unfounded.

The amount of players banging the "I'm just going to wait for CS2" drum tells me the update was successful in simply rejuvenation of the community for CS2's announcement. Absolute masterstroke of PR/ marketing in fact.

I actually love remastered, yes they could have maybe done a bit more with it but hey, it was free. I suspect it was a bit of development they did to try to solve the 9 tile issue on a separate code branch when new consoles came out, and then realised quickly it would generate alot of interest in the community, so rather than keep it on the shelf they've badged it up as "remastered". Evidence being that all the 'improvements' seem very random in nature; implementation of the additional tiles by using the cheat code; random graphics enhancements, changes to road placement and the obvious lack of new DLC support to name a few. Doesn't really matter for those of us who got it free but for people that bought it I do think they can feel hard done by, but noone forced people to buy the game, there was never any suggestion about original version being binned so if players don't want to wait for summer for the DLCs then easy solution, reinstall the old one .... Now... Can we please change the record
Thanks for your input. Interesting thoughts there on the random nature of the updates - does seem to make sense of its current state and an older code branch makes perfect sense to me. Agreed on needing to change the record. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for your input. Interesting thoughts there on the random nature of the updates - does seem to make sense of its current state and an older code branch makes perfect sense to me. Agreed on needing to change the record. :)
Yeh, it just smells like a test branch that was done post airports and where they tested what they could do on new consoles; and a few new approaches to commonly raised topics, i.e placement.
I'd rather commend that they decided to give it to the community; I'd argue perhaps if there is any truth in my assumption maybe they could have been a bit more honest. The term 'remastered' was a bit far fetched marketing wise but then they couldn't exactly call it, 'random edition'. This is of course all conjecture and it's not very important. What's awesome is they gave us a new update and will be adding more content for us, and we can decide to play the other if we prefer. All this and the fact that we are getting an all new cs2 as the Cherry on top. Fair too easy to sit criticising, bigger picture this is awesome ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
When will the new stadiums and shopping malls be available for the ps5 remastered version , and any dates on financial districts plazas and promenade
No exact dates were given but DLCs released after Airports will be coming to Remastered in Summer. The DKCs released a few days ago will be coming late summer. No word yet on the last bunch of DLC coming to the regular version in May.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer elsewhere....

On the PlayStation Store, both the Remastered/PS5 version and the Mayor's Edition/PS4 are available.

My question is.... if I buy the Mayor's Edition/PS4 today, which includes many of the DLCs, will I still be eligible for the free upgrade to the Remastered Version?
Or, do you only get the remastered version if you *already* owned the game *before* the remastered was available back in Feb?

• 1Like
Reactions:
My question is.... if I buy the Mayor's Edition/PS4 today, which includes many of the DLCs, will I still be eligible for the free upgrade to the Remastered Version?
Yes.

Hi. Can someone tell me if I buy the Cities Skylines Ultimate Content Bundle on the PS Store (which says it's for PS4), I will be able to also get the DLCs included for CS remastered? It's a free upgrade right? Instead of buying each DLC individually for the remastered version?

Edit - I already bought the standalone remastered edition separately a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi. Can someone tell me if I buy the Cities Skylines Ultimate Content Bundle on the PS Store (which says it's for PS4), I will be able to also get the DLCs included for CS remastered? It's a free upgrade right? Instead of buying each DLC individually for the remastered version?

Edit - I already bought the standalone remastered edition separately a few weeks ago.

Thanks!
Did you read the two previous post before your post?

I did, but they were referring to the Mayor's Edition, which I think also includes the base game? I wasn't sure if the same applied to the Ultimate Content Bundle which I think is just DLCs? I just wanted to check before spending the money, sorry.