• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SimNationJan

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
68 Badges
Dec 15, 2020
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
Thumbnail_ContentCreatorPack2.jpg

Is the Remastered version free?
  • Yes, if you already own the Base Game or any DLCs, the Remastered version of those products will be available to you without any additional cost. Please note that this only applies to digital purchases, scroll down for more information.
Will I be able to play with all my DLCs?
  • Currently, all DLCs until the 2022 release of "Airports" are Remastered. We are currently working on the remastered versions of the remaining DLCs (Plazas & Promenades, Financial Districts and all Content Creator Packs and Radio Stations released fall 2022) They will be available soon!
Is cross saves between the versions possible?
  • No, unfortunately not. The saves will only be available on the version you used when saving your City.
Will I be able to unlock all 25 tiles?
  • Yes!
Is the Remastered only available on PS5 and Xbox X|S
  • Yes
Will PS4 and Xbox One also get remastered?
  • No, unfortunately, the Remastered versions will only be available on PS5 and Xbox X|S. One of the main features we wanted to add was 25 tiles to build onto and sadly the older hardware of the PS4 and Xbox One would not be able to handle the simulation scale.
When will I get access to the new features?
  • Release of Cities: Skylines remastered is February 15th!
Can I still play my old Cities: Skylines Saves?
  • Yes, you can still play the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Cities: Skylines, there you have access to your old saves.
If I buy any of the New DLCs that are not remastered yet, will I get them later?
  • Yes, any content purchased for either version will give you a free copy of the Remastered version once that piece of content becomes available.
Will remastered be available for PC?
  • This is a Console-only update. The PC version of the game already has similar features that have not been accessible to the Console community - until now!
Will I have access to the remastered version automatically?
  • You need to download the remastered version of the base game and your DLCs manually, but they will be available without any additional cost automatically.
Why can't we have cross-saves?
  • The architecture of Cities: Skylines Remastered is different from its predecessor, to be able to accommodate Higher graphic quality, increased buildable tiles and overall better performance. Because of the technical limitations of old-gen consoles, we could not apply the same changes to that version, meaning it's two different code bases for the games - hence cross saves are not possible.
Can I upgrade my current Cities to the Remastered version?
  • See the answer above regarding save games and cross saves.
I can't access Remastered in Japan!
  • The release of Remastered on PS5 in the Japanese store is slightly delayed, it will be available soon!

I have a physical copy of Cities: Skylines, am I eligible for a free upgrade to Remastered?
  • Only digital purchases are eligible for a free upgrade to Remastered.
Why is there a price on the DLCs I own?
  • In some cases, you might see the price until you click on it. Once you click on the DLC, you should then see “install” instead of the price.
I have a PS Plus version of Cities: Skylines. Why can't I access Remastered for free?
  • If you own a PS Plus version of Cities: Skylines that you claimed from the 2020 giveaway of the game on PS Plus, you will not be able to access Remastered for free. You will have to buy the game to own it & get a free upgrade for Remastered.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 14Like
Reactions:
Thank you very much for doing this helpful Q&A.

I have a few more questions, if that's okay.

1. Will the Xbox versions support Quick Resume?

2. Can we still use the standard version of all the Fall 2023 DLCs & CCPs with the Remastered game for the time being?

3. Is the node limit still the same? Or did you increase it?

4. Is the tree limit still the same? Or did you increase it?

5. We can move the game to an external HHD on Xbox & still be able to play it? Like say, The Crew2 or does it have to stored on an SSD in order to can play it?

6. Is the Map Editor the same one from the PC version?

Thank you.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Will the remastered be brought on to PS4?

No, unfortunately, the Remastered versions will only be available on PS5 and Xbox X|S. One of the main features we wanted to add was 25 tiles to build onto and sadly the older hardware of the PS4 and Xbox One would not be able to handle the simulation scale.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I’m so glad you folks are adding improvements on Xbox series x and was expecting 12-15 tiles but 25 wowww amazing work and map editor who knew and more. But there’s one thing though, I’m on vacation and not home so I know it’s available on 15th will it still be available on 20th and 21st that’s when I’m home so just would like to know. Thanks

• 2Like
Reactions:
I’m so glad you folks are adding improvements on Xbox series x and was expecting 12-15 tiles but 25 wowww amazing work and map editor who knew and more. But there’s one thing though, I’m on vacation and not home so I know it’s available on 15th will it still be available on 20th and 21st that’s when I’m home so just would like to know. Thanks
When they say it's available on the 15th, it means it releases on the 15th. You will still be able to grab the remastered version for free after this date if you have the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 version.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Has the vehicle/cim limit been increased? I'm hoping it has as adding more unlockable tiles without this increase would be pointless. Many players (including myself) have reached this vehicle/cim cap, even with the 9 tile limit.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Is the remastered version technically leveled up and enhanced so far, that the limited mod store as on xbox /ps older gen, can now be further expanded to a sort of mod location as the pc players have on steam workshop?

• 2Like
Reactions:
View attachment 945559

• Yes, if you already own the Base Game or any DLCs, the Remastered version of those products will be available to you without any additional cost.
  • Currently, all DLCs until the 2023 release of "Airports" are Remastered. We are currently working on the remastered versions of the remaining DLCs (Plazas & Promenades, Financial Districts and all Content Creator Packs and Radio Stations released fall 2023) They will be available soon!
  • No, unfortunately not. The saves will only be available on the version you used when saving your City.
  • Yes!
  • Yes
  • No, unfortunately, the Remastered versions will only be available on PS5 and Xbox X|S. One of the main features we wanted to add was 25 tiles to build onto and sadly the older hardware of the PS4 and Xbox One would not be able to handle the simulation scale.
  • Release of City: Skylines remastered is February 15th!
  • Yes, you can still play the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Cities: Skylines, there you have access to your old saves.
If I buy any of the New DLCs that are not remastered yet, will I get them later?
  • Yes, any content purchased for either version will give you a free copy of the Remastered version once that piece of content becomes available.
  • This is a Console-only update. The PC version of the game already has similar features that have not been accessible to the Console community - until now!
  • You need to download the remastered version of the base game and your DLCs manually, but they will be available without any additional cost automatically.
  • The architecture of Cities: Skylines Remastered is different from its predecessor, to be able to accommodate Higher graphic quality, increased buildable tiles and overall better performance. Because of the technical limitations of old-gen consoles, we could not apply the same changes to that version, meaning it's two different code bases for the games - hence cross saves are not possible.
  • The release of Remastered on PS5 in the Japanese store is slightly delayed, it will be available soon!
I can't access Airports or Parklife/radio station pack 2 (affected = Airports for SIEE/SIEA Parklife/radio station pack 2 for SIE Asia)
  • They will be available within a few hours!

• 1Like
Reactions:
well done team... just what we, (as dedicated players ) wanted, a quick query how "big" (GB) is this upgrade/remastered version ? As it is a separate "version" will I have two loads on my console ( original & remastered ) just asking in case I need to er.. get rid of a couple of games I dont play often... to have enough "space" on my console to d/load it... (TIA)

• 1Like
Reactions:
well done team... just what we, (as dedicated players ) wanted, a quick query how "big" (GB) is this upgrade/remastered version ? As it is a separate "version" will I have two loads on my console ( original & remastered ) just asking in case I need to er.. get rid of a couple of games I dont play often... to have enough "space" on my console to d/load it... (TIA)
Looking at the Xbox Store page on my Series X it states the current size is 14.86GB. This could change before launch though and it would be different for the Series S and PS5.

• 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 945559

• Yes, if you already own the Base Game or any DLCs, the Remastered version of those products will be available to you without any additional cost.
  • Currently, all DLCs until the 2023 release of "Airports" are Remastered. We are currently working on the remastered versions of the remaining DLCs (Plazas & Promenades, Financial Districts and all Content Creator Packs and Radio Stations released fall 2023) They will be available soon!
  • Yes!
  • Yes
  • Release of Cities: Skylines remastered is February 15th!
Can I use the remaining unremastered DLCs in the remastered version?

• 1Like
Reactions:
First I woud like to say, Thank you for updating the game to match the performance levels of the new consoles, I'm looking forward to seeing the new changes! Now that we are able to fully utilize all the tiles, will we be able to start on any given tile?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I kept hearing about other DLCs like plazas and promenades and financial district and even ccp won’t be available till fall 2023 but what ccp do they mean? Do they mean the latest ccp or all of ccp not available im a bit confused and would I still be able to play the latest version until the next remaster? Again thanks for adding more improvements and adding more tiles.

Also forgot to add will this new upgrade have achievements or disabled achievements I like achievements and hopefully they add more achievements for this. Thanks again.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
First I woud like to say, Thank you for updating the game to match the performance levels of the new consoles, I'm looking forward to seeing the new changes! Now that we are able to fully utilize all the tiles, will we be able to start on any given tile?
There will be a map editor, so I believe that the tile can be changed in the map editor, as well as on the pc.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I kept hearing about other DLCs like plazas and promenades and financial district and even ccp won’t be available till fall 2023 but what ccp do they mean? Do they mean the latest ccp or all of ccp not available im a bit confused and would I still be able to play the latest version until the next remaster? Again thanks for adding more improvements and adding more tiles.

Also forgot to add will this new upgrade have achievements or disabled achievements I like achievements and hopefully they add more achievements for this. Thanks again.
From what I understand, it's only the DLCs that will be available: Snow fall, After Dark (includes base game), Mass Transit, Natural Disasters, Green Cities, Park Life, Industries, Campus, Sunset Harbour and Airports.
The other DCL's:
Plazas & Promenades, Financial Districts, remaining to be updated in the future.
As well as all Content Creator Packs: Skyscrapers, Mid-Century, Seaside, Train Stations, Bridges & Piers, Vehicles of the World, Modern City Center, European Suburbia, Modern Japan, University City.
I don't think the radio ones will work either.

About achievements, I don't know.

• 1Like
Reactions:
From what I understand, it's only the DLCs that will be available: Snow fall, After Dark (includes base game), Mass Transit, Natural Disasters, Green Cities, Park Life, Industries, Campus, Sunset Harbour and Airports.
The other DCL's:
Plazas & Promenades, Financial Districts, remaining to be updated in the future.
As well as all Content Creator Packs: Skyscrapers, Mid-Century, Seaside, Train Stations, Bridges & Piers, Vehicles of the World, Modern City Center, European Suburbia, Modern Japan, University City.
I don't think the radio ones will work either.

About achievements, I don't know.
I think the Fall 2023 qoute is a typo (as Airports came out in 2022) so judging by that it means the CCP's that were released in fall (Heart of Korea, Skyscrapers, maybe Mid-Century Modern and Seaside Resorts) won't be available until later.

• 4Like
Reactions: