• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEvilQween

Recruit
Jun 5, 2020
Hello,

I have an Xbox One. Not X. I’mcurrently experiencing my game keep crashing. If noticed that after a few in game months of playing that the game will not auto save. I’m in Ironman mode. It’s very frustrating to lose all of the progress made in the months where it doesn’t save. The game will also automatically crash at the start of a new year.
I’m fairly far in my campaign. I am the biggest empire with with over ten 80k+ fleets. I’m dominating. Could it be that with all of the movement of the map that it is causing my game to slow down? I also have all of the console dlc and expansion active.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
From what I understand - and I could be wrong - but the performance issues come down to the amount of pops both in the galaxy and in your empire. There's a lot of processing behind the scenes that monitors and updates pop happiness levels, their ethics, jobs and so on and so forth, which each process piling on the last one and creating something of a backlog. That backlog of processing is why the game will stutter at the start of every month in mid to late-game as everything updates with 1 month signifying one "tick" or "turn" in a manner of speaking. It's also why you'll get a lot of instability in your factions and species menus towards the late game as pops multiply and join your factions. I believe this is also why there was an option included on the PC version recently to disable Xeno Compatibility due to processing issues with so many pops and pop varients. The number of fleets and models displayed on-screen in those fleets is probably having an effect, but I think it's probably negliable compared to the amount of processing required to keep track of pops. Again, could be wrong but having spoken to PC players and read PC dev diaries, this seems to be the case on PC since 2.2 so I think it's a safe bet that the console edition has the same problem.

However, there was a thread posted yesterday about a stability patch incoming - It might even be out already - so wait until you've got the update and see if that fixes anything. If not, then I recommend hitting up the Bug Reports section and posting again after the patch.

• 1Like
Reactions:
From what I understand - and I could be wrong - but the performance issues come down to the amount of pops both in the galaxy and in your empire. There's a lot of processing behind the scenes that monitors and updates pop happiness levels, their ethics, jobs and so on and so forth, which each process piling on the last one and creating something of a backlog. That backlog of processing is why the game will stutter at the start of every month in mid to late-game as everything updates with 1 month signifying one "tick" or "turn" in a manner of speaking. It's also why you'll get a lot of instability in your factions and species menus towards the late game as pops multiply and join your factions. I believe this is also why there was an option included on the PC version recently to disable Xeno Compatibility due to processing issues with so many pops and pop varients. The number of fleets and models displayed on-screen in those fleets is probably having an effect, but I think it's probably negliable compared to the amount of processing required to keep track of pops. Again, could be wrong but having spoken to PC players and read PC dev diaries, this seems to be the case on PC since 2.2 so I think it's a safe bet that the console edition has the same problem.

However, there was a thread posted yesterday about a stability patch incoming - It might even be out already - so wait until you've got the update and see if that fixes anything. If not, then I recommend hitting up the Bug Reports section and posting again after the patch.
even with the patch there is no 100% guarantee to fix all the stability problems

you're on point though with your thought process

the game has to calculate a metric fuck ton of stuff, both for your empire and for the ai empires (whether they can be seen or not)

to the OP

if you continue to have stability/crash issues with the game you may want to look into tweaking your galaxy setup

ex; if using a large galaxy switch down to a medium, if you have 10 ai empires and 2 fallen empires; go down to 6 ai empires and 2 fallen empires

basically you want to minimize the amount of stuff the game needs to calculate in order to keep the game more stable

• 2Like
Reactions:
My copy of your game surviving mars is always crashing every time I try and build a mds laser system.

Its like the game does not like me, why doesit keep crashing and is their a fix as its very annoying to loose over a days worth of game play.

I realize this is a reply to an old forum message but can you please fix the bugs/gliches.

I am using my ps5 now because my old ps4 died a year ago.
this is the Stellaris Console edition forum

if you are having an issue with another game Paradox published/developed then you need to either make a dedicated post in that game's forum, or go to their support site and open a ticket

this is the Stellaris Console edition forum

if you are having an issue with another game Paradox published/developed then you need to either make a dedicated post in that game's forum, or go to their support site and open a ticket
This issue has since been resolved as it turns out that I had a corrupted disk, sorry for my foul language in the earlier post as I was angry.

I now have a new disk and it's working fine on my brand new ps5 console.

Status
Not open for further replies.