• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Console Dev Diary #14 - Release Week Recap

Hello Console Fans!

AC here again! What a great release week, we’re constantly amazed at the support we receive from our Console Edition fans!

We don’t have a classic dev diary for you folks this week, and it will be a little while before the Dev Diaries for MegaCorp start up again, however we just wanted to repost a few things from our Release Week that you may have missed during all the excitement!

Here’s our release trailer for Distant Stars, in case you missed it!

Watch it here:

We also have a tutorial video put together by A_Spec. Wondering about content added in the Distant Stars Story Pack, or how the L-Cluster mechanics work? A_Spec has you covered!

Watch the tutorial
here

Next, we have our Discord Book Club. This is something put together by our fantastic Community Team (if I do say so myself!). Every month we’ll pick two books for our Community to vote on, we’ll all read the books, and meet on discord the first Sunday of each month to discuss the book!

To celebrate the release of the Distant Stars Story Pack, the first book will be the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. If you don’t know why... Read the book! ;)

You can join our discord here: http://discord.gg/stellarisofficial

1 - book club asset.png

Also, tomorrow on the Stellaris Official Discord, we will be starting something else special, for both our Console and PC Fans!
Be sure to keep your eyes open on social media and discord for the announcement!

This week we also had an Expansion Pass Three round table, hosted our own Community Ambassador DJTruthsayer, and featuring: Moah3 (Programmer, Stellaris), A_Spec, OldManMordaith and Marc from the Templin Institute!

2 - round table.png

In this Round Table Stream they talked about their favourite memories of Stellaris in general, and their favourite Expansions in Expansion Pass Three.

Watch it here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/743781946

That’s all for this week folks!
Thanks again for all your support as we continue to expand the content in Stellaris: Console Edition. The Galaxy is vast and Full of Wonders!

// AC, Community Manager Stellaris

• 4Like
Reactions:
You offer me to buy 3 pass, but you have not fixed the errors in 2 pass. Where is the optimization? Why on the middle map on Xbox one x - on the middle map after 2400 the game turns into a slideshow? Why mega-constructions are displayed incorrectly, why does the AI get stupid by the middle of the game? Stop releasing unnecessary content for big money! REFINE THE GAME ON THE CONSOLE!

Reactions:
You offer me to buy 3 pass, but you have not fixed the errors in 2 pass. Where is the optimization? Why on the middle map on Xbox one x - on the middle map after 2400 the game turns into a slideshow? Why mega-constructions are displayed incorrectly, why does the AI get stupid by the middle of the game? Stop releasing unnecessary content for big money! REFINE THE GAME ON THE CONSOLE!

Send them bug reports for each issue. Thread is at the top of the page and it’s far more likely to get actioned.

Reactions:
the question is whether there will be technical fixes in the third season. all the bugs that I have are already noted.

They’re one in the same issue, surely...?

Given they released a stabilisation patch prior to Season 3’s release, it seems like they are working towards it in some capacity. I imagine it’s not a particularly easy task getting something this complex to ‘fit’ on machines with largely static specs.

Still, I totally get your concerns. We paid money; we want it to work. Maybe make a thread about it (unless you already have)?

Reactions:
They’re one in the same issue, surely...?

Given they released a stabilisation patch prior to Season 3’s release, it seems like they are working towards it in some capacity. I imagine it’s not a particularly easy task getting something this complex to ‘fit’ on machines with largely static specs.

Still, I totally get your concerns. We paid money; we want it to work. Maybe make a thread about it (unless you already have)?
Yes you are right. all we can do is open a new discussion thread on the forum ((((((the developer does not care about us, it is only important for him) more money from unnecessary content for a broken game

Reactions: