• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Console Dev Diary #11 - New Anomalies, Systems and Leviathans

Hello Console Edition Fans!

I’m AC, I’m the Community Manager for Stellaris PC and Stellaris: Console Edition. Today we will be talking a little bit about some of the new features included in the Distant Stars Story Pack. While we haven’t announced a release date for Distant Stars yet, we want to start talking to our Console Edition Fans about it!

So without further ado, onto the Dev Diary:

New Anomalies

The Distant Stars Story Pack adds several dozen new anomalies to the game, these range from simple discoveries, to complex event chains with multiple outcomes (one of which may make you a new friend and/or provide you with a very unique science experiment). Overall Distant Stars Story Pack increases the anomaly count of the game by roughly 50%.

Without too many spoilers, here are a few screenshots:

1 - enigmatic cache.png

2 - prikkiti.png

New Systems

Distant Stars also adds around 20 new, unique systems to the galaxy, similar to Sanctuary or Zanaam in the base game. Most of these systems have unique encounters, event chains or anomalies related to them, and some are actually several systems with a common background or event chain tying them together. Overall, though none of these systems are guaranteed to spawn in any individual game, every randomly generated galaxy should contain some new and potentially rewarding discoveries for your empire to make.

3 - miningdronehome.png

New Leviathans

Last but not least, Distant Stars adds 3 new Leviathans to the galaxy. Two of these Leviathans work in a similar way to existing ones, while one is altogether different from anything you will have seen before. As with previous Leviathans in the Leviathans Story Pack, these new Leviathans have curator dialogue and interactions related to them, which means that the Curator Enclave will appear in the galaxy if you have Distant Stars Story Pack but do not own Leviathans.

(Traders and Artists do not spawn unless you have Leviathans, however)

4 - scavengerbot intro.png

5 - scavengerbot.png

That’s all for this week, stay tuned for next week when we talk about the L-Cluster!

• 10Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
i mean

this is better than nothing
but chances of getting both Distant Stars and Megacorp this year have pretty much gone out the window

I assume they will be packaged together in an expansion pass like previous content and not sold separately

• 1Like
Reactions:
i mean

this is better than nothing
but chances of getting both Distant Stars and Megacorp this year have pretty much gone out the window

I assume they will be packaged together in an expansion pass like previous content and not sold separately
Almost like a Pandemic came out of nowhere and blindsided us all, reducing production as a whole.

But yes they are packaging it as Expansion Pass 3 from what I have heard.

Reactions:
Hello Console Edition Fans!

I’m AC, I’m the Community Manager for Stellaris PC and Stellaris: Console Edition. Today we will be talking a little bit about some of the new features included in the Distant Stars Story Pack. While we haven’t announced a release date for Distant Stars yet, we want to start talking to our Console Edition Fans about it!

So without further ado, onto the Dev Diary:

New Anomalies

The Distant Stars Story Pack adds several dozen new anomalies to the game, these range from simple discoveries, to complex event chains with multiple outcomes (one of which may make you a new friend and/or provide you with a very unique science experiment). Overall Distant Stars Story Pack increases the anomaly count of the game by roughly 50%.

Without too many spoilers, here are a few screenshots:

View attachment 614137

View attachment 614141

New Systems

Distant Stars also adds around 20 new, unique systems to the galaxy, similar to Sanctuary or Zanaam in the base game. Most of these systems have unique encounters, event chains or anomalies related to them, and some are actually several systems with a common background or event chain tying them together. Overall, though none of these systems are guaranteed to spawn in any individual game, every randomly generated galaxy should contain some new and potentially rewarding discoveries for your empire to make.

View attachment 614139

New Leviathans

Last but not least, Distant Stars adds 3 new Leviathans to the galaxy. Two of these Leviathans work in a similar way to existing ones, while one is altogether different from anything you will have seen before. As with previous Leviathans in the Leviathans Story Pack, these new Leviathans have curator dialogue and interactions related to them, which means that the Curator Enclave will appear in the galaxy if you have Distant Stars Story Pack but do not own Leviathans.

(Traders and Artists do not spawn unless you have Leviathans, however)

View attachment 614142

View attachment 614143

That’s all for this week, stay tuned for next week when we talk about the L-Cluster!
I am well excited for this. However it looks like you plan to drop this and megacorp before the next gen release (judging by achievements on xbox and I'm assuming PS). I'm not bothered so much about the date but am I going to have to pay for it again on the next gen console because the update looks to close for comfort. Although I am aware xbox one games are going to be playable on there new console apparently

Reactions:
I am well excited for this. However it looks like you plan to drop this and megacorp before the next gen release (judging by achievements on xbox and I'm assuming PS). I'm not bothered so much about the date but am I going to have to pay for it again on the next gen console because the update looks to close for comfort. Although I am aware xbox one games are going to be playable on there new console apparently

unless they decide to drastically update the game for xbox series s/x and the ps5

i doubt you will need to rebuy it

and if they need to go that route hopefully either; a) they will just update the game for those consoles, or b) give it to owners free/at a drastically reduced rate [kind of how like for a few months after minecraft came to the xbox one it was like $5 if you already owned the 360 version]