• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RyanTSP

Recruit
Sep 18, 2020
A massive fan of the game on console, even more so since I discovered it supports mouse and keyboard too! Makes the controls easier to use and camera control much more fluid too! I watch a lot of YouTubers play Cities Skylines and have noticed a lot of “mods” that would be massively beneficial on console. Now I’m aware Sony and Microsoft don’t support “mods” but this is where Paradox Interactive would work their magic and somehow add them into the base game/DLC. These are in no particular order…Mainly because this is my second time writing this up. My internet lagged out half way through last time and deleted everything I wrote! XD
  • CAR PARKS: I’ve seen this be suggested SOOOO many times! Either ground level car parks or multistorey car parks. Not only would they add more depth and character to our cities but would also prevent certain traffic jams when a vehicle pops in and out of existence.
  • ADDITIONAL VEHICLE MODELS: I’ve noticed we can change the bus model to either “school” or “random”. Well what about “Double Decker” as an extra. And let’s look at the other public transport options. “Steam trains” for our old-time villages. Different taxi options. HA! Maybe even a horse and carriage for downtown tourists!
  • TERRAIN PAINTER: How many times have you spent all that time making a container port/industry area and see those random patches of grass which can’t be covered and if you put a tree there the pollution will kill it. Well if we had a terrain painter, I could simply add concreate over those areas and be even more satisfied that my hard work was worth that extra bit of detailing. Our roundabouts can be more detailed. We can add sand to make extra beaches for our Cims to enjoy. Dirt terrain in our rail yards. We can also make our farmlands look more realistic!
  • CIMS RANDOM EVENTS: This one is a bizarre one, but would add more character and realism to our cities. Maybe a car crash here and there, oh this district isn’t following polices – protests. Maybe a car chase to liven the roads up a bit.
  • FREE PLACE OBJECTS: I know most objects must be placed by a roadside so they can work. But for example, the Quays by the waters edge. Why can’t we free place this? I have to have water there first? This just takes longer to create my ports. And I’d also like to maybe have a Quay in my city as a divider between a higher level of terrain to the next. Certain transport buildings should be free placeable. Buildings, landmarks etc.
  • PROPS: More props! Please! The list is endless! Any and all would surprise us, more advance props than just…a bench…a street lamp…Personally I’d like to see bigger props!
  • ROADS: Single land/one-way roads. Also, maybe a finer road tool. I know there is a “mod” were PC users can move a road once it has been placed to make it more aesthetically pleasing…console users would likey too!
  • DEPTH OF FIELD MODE: I noticed PC users have the option to turn off or on “depth of field” in their settings. Why not console users?
These are all I have come up with during my time playing Cities Skylines that I know would greatly improve not only my gameplay experience but I’m sure many others too! Who’s with me?!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0