• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, King Suni MUST be great to rule for 540 years like that.

Of course he is!

1444 is indeed a time of change, the beginning of an era with Hvitserk men without spectacular facial hair ruling the kingdom. :p

Judging by what little I can garner from those messy maps, it looks like the Catholics of Europe are going to be hard pressed by Muslims from the south and Norse from the north.

I am willing to wait for the EUIV portion. Don't want it distracting you from your dissertation. :)

I appreciate the patience. Fortunately, your wait is almost over!

Great ending to an equally great first installement of this megacampaign! You started of as Norse duke of Jorvik, but ended up as a Norwegian king of Denmark, so I guess Scansdinavian ambitions do fit in. Interesting to see what the second coming of house Hviteserk will continue to bring!

Messy CK2 maps as usual, but to which EU4 version will it convert? The latest?

Thank you again for the kind words! Yes, provided everything works correctly, whatever version of EUIV is the most current when I begin is the one I will play with.

Bits and pieces everywhere... It'll be interesting to see what you can build from the rubble, once the Hvitserks return. All those centuries, all that work, and CK only grants you a paltry 10,000 points? That, and the remarkably long-lived Suni make me suspect there are some issues with that final tally. :)

I think you may be onto something. ;)

Great fun to read despite some images not loading. Looking forward to the EU4 follow up.

I apologize about the images; it's an Imageshack problem, unfortunately, and I don't have the original files any longer. Hopefully they get it sorted and you can see what's missing!

I'm almost ready to start working on the next installment of this megacampaign, but I'm curious as to what some of you who have played EUIV more than me think of the DLC. Which DLC are considered essential? I have Art of War, Conquest of Paradise, Wealth of Nations, and Res Publica.

I'm almost ready to start working on the next installment of this megacampaign, but I'm curious as to what some of you who have played EUIV more than me think of the DLC. Which DLC are considered essential? I have Art of War, Conquest of Paradise, Wealth of Nations, and Res Publica.

Assuming you're using all of those, I'd say of the remaining major DLC, I'd recommend maybe getting Common Sense. While most of its additions favour the Christian religions, it could be handy to have if going for a more constitutional government or you want better interactions with subjects. Being able to make full use of the development feature might make it worth the cost. As for the others, I'd only get them if you really want them, otherwise save your money for now. El Dorado focuses mostly on the New World and would probably only be needed if you were playing as a native nation or colonial power, which mostly you are not. Plus you have no need for the custom nation feature, which is its best selling point. Cossacks does add some interesting new features, but ultimately nothing that you can't do without. I can't speak for Mare Nostrum, since I do not have it. Honestly, you already have the one DLC I'd consider most essential for your game, Art of War, so you're probably set. Paradox is usually good about providing tons of new features with patches anyway, so there will be lots to work with regardless.

Reactions:
I think, just as Michelangelo, that Common Sense is the most important, given the development option it offers. The subject options included are not essential, but do add to it's value if you plan on vassalising other countries. In it there are also the new government ranks, more religious mechanics (which won't affect you as a Norse) and the Parliament and flavour for constitutional monarchies. El Dorado being centred around the New World, it depends on whether you think you will colonise and explore or not. However I would say that the Cossacks is the second most important DLC, with the estates and diplomatic features improving both the domestic and diplomatic game by a lot once you get larger. Otherwise the changes are mostly related to hordes, Tengri religion with the culture change, native policies and added espionnage ideas options (that will matter a lot more once 1.17 is released) being things that are minor and not essential. As for Mare Nostrum, I do not own it, but except for the condotierre and naval missions system, none of which are very important, it only adds minor or country specific features.

Reactions:
Reactions: