• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Strongreaction

Love, Peace and Harmony... maybe in the next world
4 Badges
Sep 12, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
First, I have the main game and all the dlc from GOG. So as far as I can tell the "expansions" which really are patches in order are semper fi, for the motherland and their finest hour. However, the only manual I can find is the Semper Fi manual in the game files. So is there no manual for FTM of TFH, is the Semper Fi manual enough? I am not even sure why they sell the DLC collections since it seems you can only play TFH and cannot pick and choose which "expansion" you can play. I guess the basic question is if I play TFH what manual is the comprehensive best to use?

The DLC is from the old school understanding of "DLC": it adds stuff on and "replaces" the base game. There's no "choice" to playing with older DLC other than to not install subsequent DLCs.

That said, I was pretty sure that there was a manual included. Some of the stuff is out of date (you can check the HoI3 Wiki, but again, it's not been updated in awhile). Most questions have been answered somewhere here on the forum one way or the other. Search keywords in the HoI3 forum and between myself and Kovax or some of the other guys we can probably answer any questions you have.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can if you wish still play for the motherland
it hides as the exe --> ftm_launcher.exe in the main folder.

You get the old launcher and a lot of errors in it ignore them and click --> start Hoi3 in the right low corner
This will get you to the startup screen for "for the motherland" and henceforth to the game.

You may in the first launcher also select one of the two mods that came wtih "for the motherland"
Dies Israe and a second on I cant remember right now.

You can also start it with the exe hoi3game.exe you wont be able to select a mod then.

• 2Like
Reactions:
You are going to need those other manuals as features were changed on the way to TFH. Stuff in FTM and TFH were not in S Fi. If you don't have the manuals in the downloads then they are available freely online.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The HOI3 wiki has mostly been updated for TFH, with a few exceptions, so it's probably your best source for learning the game mechanics. The manual was never that good, and the tutorial was (literally) a bad joke from the start (and we never did get to see the "bad painting"). The various tutorial AARs are probably the next best source of info, after the wiki.

Reactions:
Also, no matter what anyone else says, all forms of AA in a province fire at any plane doing any attack against ground or sea targets. ;p

Reactions: