• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Birken

Mastermind
Paradox Staff
4 Badges
Sep 28, 2009
  • March of the Eagles
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
Greetings!

It’s been a week since release and a lot of people have been playing Conclave. As usual, we have carefully listened to feedback from our players, and as @Doomdark explained last week, we’ve been looking into ways of improving the design and implementation of certain features. The two main areas of concern are Coalitions and Shattered Retreats, and we are currently testing the revised solutions. Read more about these changes in Conclave: The Near Future.

On top of this, we’ve been looking to improve the experience in Conclave further. Here’s a selection of new features:
  • A new favor use where a vassal can get pardoned by the liege.
  • A new faction that can unite vassals against tyrannical rulers, change succession law and put the most liked (or the least disliked) vassal on the throne.
  • Clarity, balancing and some new non-congenital traits in the Education system.
  • More events related to favors.
The patch also feature some quality of life improvements such as:
  • A next song button.
  • An option to ignore the music scripts and play all songs randomly (Christmas carols all year long!)
Plus about a hundred more fixes.

As soon as the changes are fully implemented and approved by our internal QA department, we will release it as a public beta to get the opportunity to gather your feedback before finalizing the patch.

Reactions:
I definitely want carols all year long.

Reactions:
  • An option to ignore the music scripts and play all songs randomly (Christmas carols all year long!)

I have been waiting so long for this. Thank you! Next up, let us randomize the art that appears while the game is loading! It would be nice to see the old pictures again (the game loads too fast for me to see anything other than the most recent DLC background). I miss those trebuchets at night! :)

Reactions:
Favours and blackmail would be an interesting road to go down.

At the risk of repeating myself, I'd also like to see the option to ask for favours in the diplomacy menu through diplomatic actions when the result of the action is very favourable to the target.

Reactions:
What about big noses?
Any chance to reactivate them? :D

Seriously:
Can you add new option at the start of the game: "hiden attributes" (expressed in numerical form)?

Reactions:
i like this, this is a short and to the point, not-really-a-dd.

basically, "It's ok guys, we got this."

i especially like the parts about music and open beta being regarded in "as soon as it's ready" manner.

Reactions:
Greetings!

It’s been a week since release and a lot of people have been playing Conclave. As usual, we have carefully listened to feedback from our players, and as @Doomdark explained last week, we’ve been looking into ways of improving the design and implementation of certain features. The two main areas of concern are Coalitions and Shattered Retreats, and we are currently testing the revised solutions. Read more about these changes in Conclave: The Near Future.

On top of this, we’ve been looking to improve the experience in Conclave further. Here’s a selection of new features:
  • A new favor use where a vassal can get pardoned by the liege.
  • A new faction that can unite vassals against tyrannical rulers, change succession law and put the most liked (or the least disliked) vassal on the throne.
  • Clarity, balancing and some new non-congenital traits in the Education system.
  • More events related to favors.
  • A next song button.
Plus about a hundred more fixes.

As soon as the changes are fully implemented and approved by our internal QA department, we will release it as a public beta to get the opportunity to gather your feedback before finalizing the patch.

Don't waste your timeon the music and songs feature. Steam already has it built in. Simply turn off ingame music and use the steam player inside the steam interface. It already sucks in all your steam related music DLC's from all games. I currently listen to CK2, EU4, and Call of Duty songs, and yes you can remove the Songs you don't like on a whim.

Reactions:
There should be an icon with a Christmas tree next to the map called "Activate Christmas music!"

Reactions:
Greetings!

Like elective monarchy in every freaking kingdom due to factions revolting wasn't enough... First of all, I highly disagree with "the most liked" vassal being put on the throne. If he doesn't have a claim to the throne, he should not be able to take it. How often were kings toppled by someone with zero claim to the throne during the middle ages? Pretty much only happened in Byzantium (and the HRE, but since the HRE was elective, it's a different matter), which was a unique case due to their history of being a republic and had a long history of coups. Second, you should fix the AI's behavior first, because a ton of my vassals are having issues with rebellions. At least let the player intervene in those cases and either 1) end the hostilities through diplomacy (I'm not sure if realm peace affects that, but I don't think so, right?), 2) join your vassal in war against his rebels. Because as it stands, the AI stinks at handing out duchies and holdings and incur a lot of opinion penalties strictly through simple things like having four duchies while being a king when they could be handing out vice-regal titles.

Reactions:
Will there be more database changes in the patch?

Important to know for modders, but also exciting for me to see what area you improved upon.

Greetings!

• A next song button.

Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!

Reactions:
Making the most popular vassal get a faction should be very rare and perhaps even hardcoded to cultures. Certain societies were very feudal and would not have their nobilities entertain that idea until the modern era. Seems off, like a lot of what has been going on lately. :/

Also, there were a lot of good educational traits and events that have been suppressed. I can't wait until that system is given a serious look so that characters other than the liege can begin to play roles again in other characters' upbringing. It's much more hollow now, from a story point of view even if there were more events than there were before this gutting, to be raising kids just by status updates and not by other characters.

Reactions:
I am excited for all of that.

Strangely enough especially excited for the music stuff. As much as I love the new techno style music, and the new metal stuff. I feel like it overwrites the old stuff to much. My ears miss the twanging of Coeur de Lion.

Reactions: