• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Darkrenown

Star marshal
141 Badges
Jan 8, 2002
no
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Hello all, welcome to another CK2 DD. First up, please note that I am NOT Doomdark, people confuse us sometimes. With that key point covered, let’s move onto the meat of this diary: The upcoming 2.5.2 patch! We have made several changes to some key areas that we’ve gotten a lot of feedback on recently, the most important of which is of course Seduction!

Characters who have someone trying to seduce them now have the option to let the seducer know they are not interested (based on things like their traits and their opinion of their spouse) which will block all further seduction attempts for some time, both by the original seducer and anyone else.

We have also acted decisively on the issue of Infamy and Coalitions. Sparing no effort, we have renamed these features to Threat and Defensive Pacts, which we feel should resolve all known problems with them.

Oh ok, that isn’t all we did. Coalitions received such an extensive rework that we felt a new name was required. Perhaps the most important change is that Defensive Pacts are now separated by religious groups, so for example if the Byzantines act in a Threatening fashion they might a face a Christian Pact in Europe and a Muslim Pact in the Middle East, and at first the two Pacts won’t care if one attacks the other and only defend members of their own Pact. At higher levels of Threat, however, Pacts of other religious groups will band together when any one of them is attacked. At the highest levels even your co-religionists may feel the need to join forces against you.

Threat also affects both the size of Realms which can join a Pact against you, and the how far away from you they can be. Finally, AI nations will never join a Defensive Pact against a Realm whom they have equal or greater troop strength than.

As the new name might suggest, Defensive Pacts are entirely defensive in nature, members of a Pact can never call each other into an offensive war against the target (unless they are allies, as normal). These changes, we hope, will bring the Feature Formally Known As Coalition more in line with its intended purpose of countering huge, rapid growth without feeling as unfair or arbitrary.

2.5.2 also contains some other improvements and some new content and features. The patch notes will reveal full details, but a few more highlights include:
  • Improvements to Shattered Retreats.
  • Increased Warscore from battles slightly in general and majorly against hosts.
  • Capped total possible Warscore from battles for Attackers at 75%
  • Raiders who are defeated in battle will not return to raid you for some time.
  • Added a Next Song button, and a setting to disable the context restrictions on music.
  • Added faction to force abdication of kings and emperors.
  • Added new events for skilled educators to give traits to their wards.

Reactions:
Looks nice! Hopefully it will stop some of the excessive hate some people have towards infamy and coalitions now that they have been changed up

Reactions:
Will patch broke ironman saves?

As per usual, they should not break them. But loading a pre-patch save may have unexpected results on what's happening in your game.

Reactions:
This is the happiest day of my life! How long, dare I ask, and does it apply to the entire realm? E.g. if I'm the King of England and I defeat raiders in my demesne, can the raiders subvert this by raiding my vassals instead of me directly?

5 years, and it covers your Realm. It is between characters though, so if you or Viking McRaider die, their heirs might come visit again.

Does this also apply to wars started by refusing a faction request?

Nothings come close to the disappointment of gaining 121 infamy for putting down a rebellion to install a new ruler.

Civil wars should not have been giving Infamy at all, it was not intended.

What does that mean?

Capped per battle? Meaning the most war score I can get from one battle is 75%?

or

I can only get up to 75% warscore from battle in a war and the rest I have to get through sieging?

The latter. And to be clear, this is for the attacker only.

Reactions:
What will happen if the Leader of the christian defensive pact is allied to a minor in a muslim defensive pact that is attacked by the Byzies?
There are no leaders of defensive pacts (nor was there leaders of the coalitions). The defensive pacts are purely, 'if you attack one of us, you'll have to fight all of us'. At higher threat levels (threat > 75%) the Christian Defensive Pact would join to try to contain Byzies even when expanding into Muslim realms, at lower threat levels (threat < 75%) they'd stay out and only join in defense of other Christians.
A separate alliance between two characters will only pull those characters into wars targeting either of those characters.

Does this also apply to wars started by refusing a faction request?

Nothings come close to the disappointment of gaining 121 infamy for putting down a rebellion to install a new ruler.

That is a bug (or a family of bugs) and there's a fix that hopefully fixes some of those issues in the patch. Afaik there's no good repro case for it (if you have one, PLEASE post it in the bug forum), which makes it difficult to verify the coverage of the fix.

Reactions:
Slightly off-topic potential bug question to everyone:

Is the bug known and maybe even fixed where people are in one court while they should be in their lieges' court and it shows in the character window as if they were there, but they aren't ?
Not sure if this only happens to former kids who were educated in another lieges' court, need to investigate.
In the character toooltip it will show no location for the character at all. The line is simply empty. That's on 2.5.1.1 without the Conclave DLC.

If anyone understands what i'm talking about, is it still worth it to check properly what this bug is and to post a bug report ?
Thanks
Yes: we know about the bug, and it's been fixed.

Reactions:
Infamous infamy changes are upon us. Rejoice. Do they affect on-going games from before this patch?

Some of them do (coalitions will become defensive pacts and membership will be based on the new rules + changes to the ai will make countries join/leave somewhat different from 2.5.1.1), others won't (threat you've gotten before, won't be removed or altered, ongoing wars won't be updated).

Reactions:
Because I like to play and get some new success in Iron Man.

And by the way, to quote again your previous post :

"Then deal with it or turn Conclave off."

That is what I wish to be able to do. But it would be useless, since SR and Coalitions are in the patch.
You can play iron man even with mods on, you just won't get achievements which lets be honest is not too big of a trade off compared to the hate you seem to harbour for shattered retreats and coalitions

Reactions:
"Added new events for skilled educators to give traits to their wards."

Could you clarify some of the details about this part of the update please? Like how often could we expect the events to trigger, does it only pass on education traits or can personality traits be passed on as well, and what type of skill level would educator would need (i.e. are we talking only grey eminences, or can charismatic negotiators get these events too) to trigger the events?

No worries if the details on this aren't finalized or if you'd rather not elaborate.

Thanks!

I didn't make these events, but off the top of my head the idea is that someone with a decent stat in any field can give their ward a related trait, e.g. a high diplo character might make their ward gregarious. Educators with multiple high skills might pass along Diligent etc. This generally happens once at most, towards the end of their education.

Reactions:
Does that mean we could set it so there's never multiple religion Defensive Pacts? That's very important information for our mod.

I'm unsure, there is a define to set the level of threat where that happens though. Possibly setting that value to over 1 means it never happens.

Reactions:
@Darkrenown
I read somewhere that there will be a floor for threat reduction. What will this be? My current person is losing at 0.14 per month, when a holy war easily launches me above 75%...

The current level is 0.21 to give ~2.5 reduction/year for the strongest military forces.
The maximum gain from a single source (bar transferring between titles when switching primary title) is 50%, thus a single war will never get you above 50%.

Reactions:
and yet it still only included two rulers, as opposed to CK2's sytem of dozens of guys coming together, even if they completely and utterly despise each other.

Like when the Cumans and different Russian principalities tried to defend from the Mongols around the battle of the Kalka river?

You realize that now that you've said that's how it works it must work that way in the patch.

You realize that comments like this makes me personally want to go and remove the define and replace it with something hard coded, right?

Rest assured though, it's possible to change the limits and putting them above 100% will keep them from happening.

Reactions: