Concering Issue: "Cannot connect to online server - only offline features are supported"

Concering Issue: "Cannot connect to online server - only offline features are supported"

• We will be taking the forums down for scheduled maintenance on 12 August 2020 at approximately 3PM CDT (8PM UTC / 10PM CEST), this downtime is currently estimated to last around 1 hour.
  • Pre order now!

Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made! Crusader Kings III is soon upon us and you can pre order it today!

Releasing September 1st 2020

Zyrnak

Recruit
10 Badges
Jul 2, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
I've played a lot recently and this is the first time I haven't been able to connect, it had been working on Monday. I am using an Xfinity router. I'm getting this exact error message.

A different issue I've had in the past is that I would have a similar difficulty connecting to the servers after being connected and then getting dropped due to inactivity (alt-tabbing while someone else took their turn). The error message was a bit different, I think it said 'unknown' something. This issue would fix itself if I attempted to connect several times or rebooted the client, so it wasn't anything more than mildly annoying.

Jordi Engel

General
Feb 18, 2019
I am using an Xfinity router.
Okay, and what was the result when trying these steps aimed at Xfinity users?
For users with a comcast/xfinity xfi router:
It is quite possible that the router started blocking the MP connection since the last update for it.
If you have xfinity and have this error, download the xfi app, it will tell you a threat is detected on your device. Just tell it to allow the connection. it's a false positive.

ewanuk86

Recruit
1 Badges
Jul 2, 2020
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
Fixed it by changing my password within the application (not the launcher).

Possible you guys invalidated/wiped a bunch of a security tokens with the last hotfix?

Zyrnak

Recruit
10 Badges
Jul 2, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
Unblocking it on Xfinity did work, although the service claimed that the connection in question was from Ireland? Seemed a bit strange.