• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, it's me again. ^^

I tested multiple spec maps for this model. But it's glowing somehow :confused: :D

Maybe I am wrong, but spec maps define how reflective a model is.
By grey scale. So I just used the diffuse texture and turned the hue to 0.
Then I made it darker since the armor is pretty white even in greyscale. But it just changes nothing.

mHqi8Su.png

Just to compare it:

iwJF8BB.png

Is it just because it's white or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance :)

Maybe I am wrong, but spec maps define how reflective a model is.
By grey scale. So I just used the diffuse texture and turned the hue to 0.

This is issue - you have the right idea but some details are incorrect. :)

I believe for HoI4 and Stellaris the specular textures use the channel data like so:
Red - mask (ie leave this channel black unless you have an advanced use)
Green - specularity (ie paint white to increase the specular effect, black to reduce specular)
Blue - metalness (ie paint white where you have metals, black everywhere else, ideally no grey colour)
Alpha - glossiness (ie paint white where things should be shiny, black where things should be matte, greys allowed)

So because you have just used the diffuse texture, you get white in all channels and black in alpha?
For plastic storm trooper armour - you want total black in the red and blue channels, total grey in the green channel and then use the alpha channel to add some variety to the reflections (like a middle grey noise).

Good luck!

Yes! Though the plugin use is slightly different
Hey Codemaster, I've just been getting into 3d modelling recently (for headgear/clothes creation in CK3) and I'm curious if most of the steps still apply for CK3 or if you know of any major differences? The animations don't concern me much,but I'm curious if I need to keep the armature or rig/skeleton from say a ck3 vanilla headgear mesh as I make my own around it ? And would that issue with the y/z coordinates affect any import/exports that I make with the io_pdx_exporter/importer too? Any insight would be appreciated :) a blender apprentice here

Speaking of CK3, my understanding is we can't do a total replacement of the 3D meshes for some completely different style, like say anime or monsters or something, can anyone confirm?

Hey Codemaster, I've just been getting into 3d modelling recently (for headgear/clothes creation in CK3) and I'm curious if most of the steps still apply for CK3 or if you know of any major differences? The animations don't concern me much,but I'm curious if I need to keep the armature or rig/skeleton from say a ck3 vanilla headgear mesh as I make my own around it ? And would that issue with the y/z coordinates affect any import/exports that I make with the io_pdx_exporter/importer too? Any insight would be appreciated :) a blender apprentice here
Hey! Sorry it took me a while to see this.
Currently I'm not sure what CKIII's requirements are. In theory, yes. You just need to re-rig the new model to the old bones. This would work in any other game/application, but I realize CKIII has some weird things going on behind the scenes.

This means you can only use "Latin" characters for naming things like meshes, materials etc.
Try for example, renaming to use only English language character set. (I should make that error message more helpful)
Excuse me about the skeleton, how to export it, what are the requirements for exporting, animation can only be exported through the skeleton
Its position is always incorrect when I export it, it is slanted to one side, and its position is staggered

Last edited: