• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kinniken

General
47 Badges
Sep 8, 2003
kstudio.net
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
Hi, I think eu2vic is a great idea and as a mac user I'll be interested in using it.

Since you made it in ANSI C++, compiling it was fairly straightforward. I also changed the path names in base_defs.h, since you had hardcoded "\" as the separator instead of the "/" used on UNIX. When running it, I however have the following error:

europe:~/Desktop/Eu2Vic_Code cedricdj$ ./eu2vic

Loading Data/Provinces.txt.
Line 315: Expected: EU2 ID
Line 333: Expected: EU2 ID
There were 2 during loading.
895 provinces were loaded.

Failed to load local setup data!​

Most likely, I have not placed the program in the right place (I can decode your zip file without problem, but not use the autoplacement functions). If you could just tell me where every file is supposed to go, I should be able to make it run correctly and start real testing.

Anyway, thanks for making such a great utility and even more thanks for coding it into standard, cross-platform C++. Cheers!

If montyP ever releases his source code, you will have a problem. He has used MFC!

Try downloading the current Eu2Vic non-code and taking the provinces.txt out of there.

I'm hoping to get him to send me his source code and hoping as well that he kept a clean separation between the ANSI C++ engine and the new graphical interface; if yes, all I will miss is the interface in question which is only a bonus. Good idea for using his newer province.txt file, thanks.

Still does not tell me where to place the executable however ;)

Kinniken said:
I'm hoping to get him to send me his source code and hoping as well that he kept a clean separation between the ANSI C++ engine and the new graphical interface; if yes, all I will miss is the interface in question which is only a bonus. Good idea for using his newer province.txt file, thanks.

Still does not tell me where to place the executable however ;)

In the folder where you keep the executable create a folder called "Data". In that folder put all the *.txt files. That should do it...

I have recoded major parts of Chainguns code, and no it's not ansi compatibe anymore as I have used a lot of MFC base classes. And I will make my source available when I have cleaned the code up, and not before that, sorry...

I have Chainguns's code nearly working now. However, if you have not made a clean separation between the back-engine and the windows-specific interface code, there is not much I can do bar recoding your algorithms completely, which require more time than I am willing to put into it. Too bad...