• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let me know guys if your game has run past the first 50-100 years and is still loadable; of course let me know of all the other bugs and inconsistencies as well, please.
as for me - I still haven’t played CK3... I modded it. And even made my very early attempt at the CK3 Ultimate Compatch.

I'm a bit stuck. I tried following your directions:
  1. HIP standard installation
  2. Subscribe to everything in your steam collection
  3. Extract the Ultimate Compatch (had to rename it to "HIP - The Ultimate Compatch.zip" to work)
  4. Extract the modifed .mod files for v.0.9.9 zip, overwriting existing files
  5. Selected every mod in the game launcher
But when starting up, the map looks wonky already, and the 1066 map is very obviously not right either. Ideas?
Looks like this, which looks like SWMH having exploded:

There is mods outside the steam collection:

[Submod] Remnkhemi - The Coptic Culture (v1.2.2 for Golden1)
Remnkhemi “Remnkhemi” is the transliteration of a term used by the Christian population of Egypt (known to most as the “Copts”) to refer to themselves. Translated literally, it means "people of Egypt." The deeper meaning behind this term is that...
forum.paradoxplaza.com
forum.paradoxplaza.com

[Submod] Norse Heritage Overhaul - and other tweaks for HIP (Updated: 16 September 2020 for Frosty3)
A submod for HIP Introduction: This submod* aims to improve most aspects of the Norse and Norse-derived cultures and those within their sphere of influence; with changes to melting-pots, names, titles, and more. What started as a small mod to...
forum.paradoxplaza.com
forum.paradoxplaza.com

[Submod] Turks,Mongols & Mamluks; plus a few changes for HIP - Updated as - TMM History Only.1.9.20
Final version of the sub-mod is a history only one which amends only character and title histories without really adding mechanics. A few muslim holy orders are added as well a unique Khwarazmian adventurer event troop tributary in the 1241 to...
forum.paradoxplaza.com
forum.paradoxplaza.com

Walter's HIP Mod Mod
A mod to correct what I see as some historical inaccuracies: Gameplay (credit to Toa Kraka): Empires can no longer form Kingdoms under any circumstances and any Kingdom titles held by an Emperor are automatically destroyed. This is to prevent...
forum.paradoxplaza.com
forum.paradoxplaza.com
INCproject
INCproject A modder is never late, nor is he early, he uploads/updates precisely when he means to. wats dis? This is a mod that uses traits and tracks incest relations (current and even former ones), children born out of incest, and does some few things with it, there is custom opinion modifier m...
www.loverslab.com

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
here are the mods you need from those links:

HIP - Remnkhemi"
"HIP - Latin and Greek Religious Titles"
"HIP - Keep Betrothed Family Members Home"
"BLG / CC for SWMH" (its a compatibility mod included with Cultural Cities. Just look in its folder.)
"HIP - Abandon Undesirable Children"
"TMM History Only"
"HIP - Very Rare Female Peasant Leaders"
"HIP - Walter's HIP mod"
'We are Legion'
'INCproject"
"Realistic Warfare" (link in above post, I guess it's gone from Steam)

Not sure what's happened with the author, RL I assume. Hope he'll be back at some point. I played a bit with the second last version, figured I'd wait till till 1.0 is out, got caught up in the other games I'm playing/modding. You may want to report back with your experience.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
This is a great idea - wish I had discovered it before tinkering with my own submod collection for about the whole weekend. If you ever decide to come back to this, it would be incredibly helpful if you could add to the documentation which mods are essential, i.e. on which your compatch is dependent, and which are optional. I assume, for example, that leaving out the interface mods should be fine?

This is a great idea - wish I had discovered it before tinkering with my own submod collection for about the whole weekend. If you ever decide to come back to this, it would be incredibly helpful if you could add to the documentation which mods are essential, i.e. on which your compatch is dependent, and which are optional. I assume, for example, that leaving out the interface mods should be fine?
Which interface mods? Interface mods can be very much not compatible, so not using some of them could result in messy UI.

Not sure what's happened with the author, RL I assume. Hope he'll be back at some point. I played a bit with the second last version, figured I'd wait till till 1.0 is out, got caught up in the other games I'm playing/modding. You may want to report back with your experience.
I just came here in hope of reports, especially in regards to the save-bloating issue I mentioned earlier. So yeah, please, give the reports people.

How goes the battle, Balls?
Well CK3 is a little bit empty, as suspected. There are mods that help a bit, even some very good ones, but it's still too early to play it more imo. I'll be back here some time later I suppose.

Ah, okay. Sorry, my bad.
I was just wondering, what did you think about Flogi's Tech and Buildings, Co-emperors/Symbasileis, and the rest of Sin's Influence? Can I assume from their non-inclusion that they're not up to par for this (awesome) project?
Flogi's T&Bs would need more work to make it really compatible and balanced with the rest and it's not needed as much for the moment. Some more of the Sin's mods got into the modlist already and should be included in steam collection iirc. I haven't tested Co-emps yet.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Ya I was hoping others had took a crack at it and would return back with reports. I just got into CK2 and have done 2 playthroughs, one with just HIP and another with the steam collection I mentioned before. So I can't say I'm too knowledgeable about the game and its all complicated ins and outs. Not that I can't contribute, its just I'm not the best to do so.

Ya I was hoping others had took a crack at it and would return back with reports. I just got into CK2 and have done 2 playthroughs, one with just HIP and another with the steam collection I mentioned before. So I can't say I'm too knowledgeable about the game and its all complicated ins and outs. Not that I can't contribute, its just I'm not the best to do so.
give me all you got.
There's this observer mode in CK3 and it can be very handy; shame there's nothing like that in CK2.

Which interface mods? Interface mods can be very much not compatible, so not using some of them could result in messy UI..

All of them, actually, as I prefer the HIP Arko Interface. Then there is some mods which seem immersion-breaking (Sin's, Oedipus complex...) or are reported as buggy (e.g. Immersive Title Grant, More Realm Laws). So it'd be great to know which mods' files your compatch directly relies on.

All of them, actually, as I prefer the HIP Arko Interface. Then there is some mods which seem immersion-breaking (Sin's, Oedipus complex...) or are reported as buggy (e.g. Immersive Title Grant, More Realm Laws). So it'd be great to know which mods' files your compatch directly relies on.
Hmm, iirc none of the mods should change anything really ARKO related.
But I went through the list and here's how it is:
  • colored buttons - you don't have to use it, but ARKO keeps those vanilla.
  • dak_ornamented_interface - this was actually made to be like ARKO, but you don't have to use it (i can't recall if I even put the compatched files in my mod, so...)
  • bigger event boxes - they work with ARKO 90% of the time. you don't have to use it, but if you use any of the font mods, some longer event texts can be cut in the middle.
  • framesforall - these just fill the blanks to have more variation, shouldn't overwrite ARKO. i remember doing something on it, but i'm not sure. it may be either needed or not, you'd have to check for yourself.
  • jk_crimson_tooltip - i don't know if ARKO has its own tooltip, guess not. but anyway, you don't need it.
  • orange_wikipedia_icon - ARKO does in fact have it's own wikipedia icon, but this one is more visible imo. anyway, it's not necessarily needed.
  • patrum_scuta_hip - it's probably needed, but it doesn't overwrite ARKO, apart from a few of the shields that were better in this mod.
  • theatrumorbisterrarum_interface - ARKO doesn't have its own font afaik, but you don't need it.

That reminds me I still haven't uploaded my Patrum Scuta and tooltip mod :oops:

as for the other part of your comment: how is Oedipus complex mod not immersive for you?! haha. but it's not needed.
same for the rest as all of them are self-contained.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'm letting you guys know I'm back to ck2 and finished some testing on the modlist. I didn't encounter the aforementioned bug with >75mb save. I also went way past the date of the save that couldn't be loaded, just to be safe. I had a similar bug midway the game, but I've noticed it happens only when you load the game through "continue". Loading the map first, allowed me to continue the game normally. I'm now conducting a full testing playthrough and will let you know if it confirms the tests.
On a side note: I tried to reduce the chance of Oedipus happening but it'd be too much of a hassle and the mod is not that important, so I turned it off for now. I'm also wondering if 'More Navigable Rivers' shouldn't be turned off as well, as it adds waaay too many small rivers on the map - basically (almost) every county has at least one, even in most of Africa. (ok, i've noticed that's vanilla HIP issue as well) That's way over the top imo and it affects balance, especially with 'Realistic Warfare'. But I'd like community opinion on this, so please, tell me what you think. If you have other mods you think should be out, tell me that as well.

EDIT: oh, I also encountered a bug with the smith not giving you created artifacts (there's a workaround for that) and 'Standalone sexual traits' showing all characters dicks after its event.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Awesome news bud! Dropping "More Navigable Rivers - HIP" is probably a good idea as I've seen others drop it as well in other steam collections for similar reasons, including crashes I think. You have a good eye for mods to add so I trust your judgment. Further though I would recommend getting rid of all the extra map types, map, UI and general text fonts and just keep the ones you use. After looking at them yours are best and having a bunch of options included just adds clutter and makes thing confusing. I worried if I had the right/wrong ones enabled perhaps causing compatibility problems. Maybe a small guide for people who want different ones could be made idk. All I can say for other mods is as before from that steam collection a posted above and you checked that out so... oh there was two, "The Great Trade League" and "An Antique Land - HIP", not sure if they would cause problems. Also I noticed that the UI font mod you use either doesn't fully work or it leaves some numbers/letters too thin to read easily. They are the text numbers above the army units and the numbers beside the character portraits that show how much they like you, I think some others too. I play at 3440x1440 so that may be why. I might just add "Interface: Century Gothic" and "Tooltip: Century Gothic Bold 18" myself because it changes everything, unless I'm mistaken.

Quite a while ago I just copied the newest version on top of the version before that and got a crash when loading the game, I so probably got a wrong mod in or something. I have to delete everything and re-install the mods probably to fix it, so I settled on just waiting till you came back with a new version or 1.0. Haven't played another playthrough yet, not a big deal though I got lots of other games and mods. I probably have plenty of extra time for the close foreseeable future so I will get things in order and test a new version for sure. Maybe the reason people haven't posted feedback is because the are patently waiting for a 1.0 version like me as well, idk just a guess.

Big thanks again!!! Glad your back.

EDIT: I found this new HIP compatible steam collection may be worth looking at: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2282754161
And here's the collection I mentioned before for reference probably unnecessary: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2105967861

Last edited: