• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You are not the only one I have the same problem and other users aswell did you try disable the patch he adds, because when I do that I can play the game but when I activate his big patch mod the game crashes

Im pretty sure that a compatch is mandatory since all these mods overwrite the same files, so by not loading the patch you are just breaking the mods who don't have their files load last.

Im pretty sure that a compatch is mandatory since all these mods overwrite the same files, so by not loading the patch you are just breaking the mods who don't have their files load last.
I am sure you realize that I am not saying play without the compatch, I am just stating that the issue for me comes from the compatch and when I disable it the game at least loads + he wants beta tester and the more information about the issue is better and if you disagree about that then fine

• 1Like
Reactions:
But hey, that's just another "shitshow" beneath You, right?
yes.

In VERY short:
archeology:

my favorite linguistic, oral or written tradition:
Za Tatrami, v rovinách při řece Visle rozkládala se od nepaměti charvátská země, část prvotní veliké vlasti slovanské.
V té charvátské zemi bytovala četná plemena, příbuzná jazykem, mravy, způsobem života.

Polans of Greater Poland and of Dnieper do having nothing to do ones with the others:
they both got the most generic names for their tribe which is spread over the entire slavic area. Poljani. Farmers/Fielders

If You were interested in the region's history and enhancing it, then Lendians would have been the subject, as they're an actually archaeologically confirmed inhabitants of the area.
Alright i got enough

Sorry guys. I will sort everything out when I have the time. Possibly later today.
Thank you all for your reports and patience.

Where is "HIP - Latin and Greek Religious Titles" and "HIP - Keep Betrothed Family at Home" found? I googled it... and nothing.

Ahh I see... it's at Norse Heritage Overhaul's page.

We don't install Norse Heritage Overhaul, do we?
We don't use 'Norse Heritage Overhaul' yet, but 'HIP - Latin and Greek Religious Titles' etc. are extra, separate mods on the bottom of the 1st post in there.

Do I put the .mod.mod files from the Compatch in with the original .mod files so there's both or do I replace all the .mod files with the .mod.mod ones, deleting the .mod from .mod.mod, so there's only one.?

I deleted duplicates when there when was, and deleted the .mod off the mod.mod from the files. Getting crash when loading 2nd try.
The name of the .mod files doesn't matter. The double '.mod' at the end of some of them was either how it was delivered by mod authors or added automatically on saving by me. I didn't change these names apart from 'Dark Ages'. Anyhow, you should have only one .mod file for each archive/folder in your /MOD.
Also for Remnkhemi, please use 'Compatibility' version.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hi! The compatch in its present state leads to a CTD every time I start a new game, the reason being that there are formatting errors in one file.

Look in HIP - The Ultimate Compatch\common\traits\02_traits.txt
The traits "kshatriya" and "vaishya" are formatted as:

kshatriya = {
potential = {
emf_religion_has_castes = yes
}
is_visible = {
OR = {
emf_hidden = yes
emf_religion_has_caste_opinions = yes
FROM = { emf_religion_has_caste_opinions = yes }
}
opposites = {
brahmin
vaishya
}

caste_tier = 2

monthly_character_prestige = 0.1

customizer = no
random = no
}

vaishya = {
potential = {
}
is_visible = {
OR = {
emf_hidden = yes
}
opposites = {
brahmin
kshatriya
}

caste_tier = 1

monthly_character_wealth = 0.03

customizer = no
random = no
}
As you can see, they are missing brackets in their implementation, the correct code with the added brackets (in red) is:
kshatriya = {
potential = {
}
is_visible = {
OR = {
emf_hidden = yes
}
}
opposites = {
brahmin
vaishya
}

caste_tier = 2

customizer = no
random = no
}

vaishya = {
potential = {
}
is_visible = {
OR = {
emf_hidden = yes
}
}
opposites = {
brahmin
kshatriya
}

caste_tier = 1

customizer = no
random = no
}
Adding those missing brackets fixes the issue.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hi! The compatch in its present state leads to a CTD every time I start a new game, the reason being that there are formatting errors in one file.

Look in HIP - The Ultimate Compatch\common\traits\02_traits.txt
The traits "kshatriya" and "vaishya" are formatted as:

kshatriya = {
potential = {
}
is_visible = {
OR = {
emf_hidden = yes
}
opposites = {
brahmin
vaishya
}

caste_tier = 2

customizer = no
random = no
}

vaishya = {
potential = {
}
is_visible = {
OR = {
emf_hidden = yes
}
opposites = {
brahmin
kshatriya
}

caste_tier = 1

customizer = no
random = no
}
As you can see, they are missing brackets in their implementation, the correct code with the added brackets (in red) is:
kshatriya = {
potential = {
}
is_visible = {
OR = {
emf_hidden = yes
}
}
opposites = {
brahmin
vaishya
}

caste_tier = 2

customizer = no
random = no
}

vaishya = {
potential = {
}
is_visible = {
OR = {
emf_hidden = yes
}
}
opposites = {
brahmin
kshatriya
}

caste_tier = 1

customizer = no
random = no
}
Adding those missing brackets fixes the issue.
Oh yeah, I did correct it on my end before, so I must have uploaded mixed files. Thanks for the catch tho.

I did come back to playing CK2 yesterday, so (hopefully) I'll post some updates in the coming weeks. Unf I'm quite busy lately BUT when I'm not, I work on proper titles for one or two cultures and a faith, and this alone took me a lot and I mean fucking LOT of the time. It's mostly done already tho and I've just sent it to the author of 'More Cultural Names' mod. The good news is, it's also fully ready for CK3 and everything that's going to come in the future (well, it's basically historical research and knowledge, so yeah. and I made notes)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
a bit of v0.9.9 changelog
To give you guys small inside on upcoming update:
- I made new 'Patrum Scuta for Hip' mod, as the old one had issues and many black CoA's. At first I just wanted to make the old mod work with Frosty3, but later I found it would be better, to just make an all-new mod by adjusting the latest version of standard Patrum Scuta, adding some of the Vasikle's new CoA's and, as an extra, adding cool mod I found by accident: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119964879&searchtext=coa (those are just WOW, so if you know of anything like that for other faiths, let me know ASAP). It's on my disk fully ready already (yo!), but i haven't test it for more than a couple of minutes. Anyway, I'll upload it to Steam together with the next update if i'll get the permissions.
- I've also got permission to upload my version of Dark Ornamented Interface a while back, so let's hope I won't be lazy enough to not finish it.
- I corrected a few of the titles for 'More cultural titles', added a few more for my addition to this mod, as well as added generic Slavic faith titles I found before AND finetuned all of this.
- I almost finished making 'In Heavens graphics overhaul LITE' compatible with HIP, as it actually wasn't - contrary to it's description.
- i'm sure a couple of other small fixes for findings, bugs and misspellings i can't remember anymore

EDIT: oh, I also made completely new tooltip texture based on the crimson one. here is a sneak peek
tooltip_bg.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hey! Loving all of this, you really did a number on the size of my mod folder, haha. Just wanted to ask about your music mods? I desperately need something other than Horns of Hattin to play.
Thanks again!

more music would do, eh?
Hey! Loving all of this, you really did a number on the size of my mod folder, haha. Just wanted to ask about your music mods? I desperately need something other than Horns of Hattin to play.
Thanks again!
Haha, I feel you mate. I use all of the John’s music mods, epic medieval music pt 2-4, medieval music complete, immersive music 1-2 as well as ‘kingdom of heaven’ and ‘cantus gregorianus‘.
I love Gregorian chants and will probably put more of them in the game later myself. As to this mod, you’ll have to remove one line from it’s .mod file. It’s something like ‘replace=/music/...‘. If you won’t, it would obviously replace vanilla music completely.
as to why not pt 1 of epic medieval music - it’s mainly (or only, don’t remember) Witcher 3 music and I don’t want it anywhere else.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So do you have a working version together yet, that I could help test for bugs, no rush, just curious? :)

EDIT: Did the fix above and got it working... very nice, all seems well so far!

Last edited:
second bit of v0.9.9 changelog
Well, I had a working version all along; I just uploaded wrong files (I reckon). Though It wasn't very ready to be played by other people yet IMO, anyway. But I actually played the game in the last 2-3 days and everything seems to work fine, tho I still find more things to correct.
In a follow-up to the comment before - I finished the integration of 'In heavens graphical overhaul LITE' and the game looks much better now, really. I'm still not convinced about it's river textures and some of the water changes, so... also political map colours still needs adjusting.
in the mean time I also:
- found a couple of minor and one major mod for the list, mostly compatible out-of-the-box;
- talked with the author of 'more cultural names' (Hori on Steam) resolving some of the mod's bugs including one somewhat big one;
- fixed small bugs resulting in big changes in my compatch (so it's a small or large bug? hmm) and further adjusted the dependencies between the mods;
- fixed and adjusted many other small things I can't believe I haven't seen before.

oh, I also made a completely new mod based on this mod with a few adjustments and some added 'things'.
the tooltip will be released as a standalone mod as well probably.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
i've noticed the first save that can't be loaded has reached more than 74mb. i have the game running in the background and will check if that's a persistent thing

i think that might be just an occurrence. there is probably something that's happening on that time-frame, like a building is built or whatever and it bugs the shit out of the game. anyway, i grew tired of CK2 after all this and actually bought CK3 a couple of days ago, so i guess i'll just try that for a moment.

Last edited:
almost there
In the meantime, i uploaded current compatch. I wanted this iteration to be 1.0, but yeah, i figure 0.9.9 is better than waiting for me to return. i'll write the changelog later, but some of the changes are in posts i made recently. you can get a current list of mods from my modified .mod files attached as always ok, i'll list it below as well. also be sure to overwrite yours with them, as they contain a few more dependencies listed.

some of the known issues would be:
- current political map does not work well with dynamic snow from IHGO, especially when zooming out more
- rivers still need more adjusting
- seabed floor can be awfully pixelated. this is a result of new water lighting calculation from IHGO and actually can be easily solved but would need testing and adjusting
- !!! saves may not load after 50-100 years. this is the thing that would need the most testing right now as it's not necessarily true

NEW GAME SAVE IS RECOMMENDED

oh, one more thing - i discovered Realistic Warfare mod disappeared from Steam. it would be normally available here. That's a big loss, let's hope the author will upload it again. if you have it from before - great.

[VS] New Sounds.mod
Abandon Undesirable Children HIP.mod
ai_forged_bloodlines.mod
armapfont-gothicsteel.mod.mod
blgccswmh.mod
bringchild.mod.mod
cantusgregorianus.mod.mod
childhood.mod.mod
ckrpg_languages.mod.mod
colored buttons.mod.mod
cow_hip_swmh.mod.mod
culturalcities.mod.mod
dak_ornamented_interface.mod
darkages USE ONLY THIS VERSION OF DA.mod.mod
epicmedievalmusicpt2.mod.mod
epicmedievalmusicpt3.mod.mod
epicmedievalmusicpt4.mod.mod
event bigger.mod
Forge unlimited Bloodlines HIP.mod
framesforall.mod.mod
greatworksmodels_hip.mod.mod
hip - renascentia romanorum.mod.mod
hip-more-cultural-names.mod.mod
HIP.mod
hip_more_bloodlines.mod.mod
historical_anglo_saxons_hip.mod.mod
historicaleventspackhip.mod.mod
INCproject.mod
invitelocals++.mod.mod.mod
jk_crimson_tooltip.mod.mod
Keep Betrothed Family Members Home HIP.mod
Latin and Greek Religious Titles HIP.mod
lmm_immersivearmyleadership.mod.mod
lmmcouncillorxp.mod.mod
lmmimmersivetitlegrant.mod.mod
lmminvitewithpromises.mod.mod
lmmpowerfulvassalsfactions.mod.mod
lmmreligiousandculturalhatred.mod.mod
lmmspouseempowerment.mod.mod
manics_units.mod.mod
medieval trade routes.mod.mod.mod
mend the eastern schisms hip.mod.mod
missing_wol_events.mod.mod
mnr hip-swmh.mod.mod
more_realm_laws.mod
mta - divine bloodline.mod.mod
mta - new artifacts.mod
mta - specific punishments.mod.mod
mta - vice and virtue.mod.mod
music.mod
nicknames+++.mod.mod
nie.mod.mod
oedipuscomplex.mod
orange_wikipedia_icon.mod.mod
patrum_scuta_hip.mod.mod
personal_castle.mod.mod
prisonermarriage.mod.mod
realisticwarfarehip.mod.mod
Remnkhemi.mod
sin loaner.mod.mod
Stand Alone Sexual Traits.mod
swmhculture.mod.mod
The_Great_Trade_League.mod
The_Orders_of_Chivalry.mod
theatrumorbisterrarum_interface.mod.mod
TheBASED.mod
title_manager.mod.mod
TMM History Only.mod
tributary_vassals.mod.mod
Very Rare Female Peasant Leaders HIP.mod
VIET.mod
We Are Legion.mod
WMM.mod
ws_warrior_societies_hip.mod.mod
ye_olde_ghana_requiem.mod.mod
you should use only these mods. make sure there's nothing else in the mod folder/turned on. let me know if you're not sure which mod is which.

PS. i'll upload my tooltip mod and patrum scuta version to steam in the evening

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: