• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
v.0.9.5.2 changelog and a note
Another update is UP!
v0.9.5.2
- Changed the name of the 'Silver Tongue' trait to 'Golden Tongue' ('Dark Ages' mod). There was already a trait with this name but with other meaning. This one here would be comparable in meaning to 'persuasive', the other is basically 'beautiful-sounding'. It's therefore alright to have them both.
- Deleted double 'warrior' traits ('Poor Warrior', etc.)
- Put 'Realistic Warfare' mod on top of 2 other mods, to be sure it overwrites any conflicting changes
Make sure to overwrite '.mod' files as well, as there was a change too.

This was probably the last thing that didn't allow me to just play the game, so the next update can take some time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Another update is UP!
v0.9.5.2
- Changed the name of the 'Silver Tongue' trait to 'Golden Tongue' ('Dark Ages' mod). There was already a trait with this name but with other meaning. This one here would be comparable in meaning to 'persuasive', the other is basically 'beautiful-sounding'. It's therefore alright to have them both.
- Deleted double 'warrior' traits ('Poor Warrior', etc.)
- Put 'Realistic Warfare' mod on top of 2 other mods, to be sure it overwrites any conflicting changes
Make sure to overwrite '.mod' files as well, as there was a change too.

This was probably the last thing that didn't allow me to just play the game, so the next update can take some time.
I have a question do I need to update the BallsOfSteelBaby's modified .mod files [FOR v0.9.5.2].zip or just the patch one ? and Another question I dont change the name of the mod file right so title_manager.mod.mod should just stay like that ?

1598387365329.png

Should my modfile look like this or am I doing something wrong ?

View attachment 613318

Should my modfile look like this or am I doing something wrong ?
Oh shit, I forgot I downloaded 'Dark Ages' from the forum and then updated it with steam version (it's more recent version there). Anyway, you should extract the folder 'dark ages' from it's archive as the '.mod' file directs the game to this path.
And yes - it should look like that.

I have a question do I need to update the BallsOfSteelBaby's modified .mod files [FOR v0.9.5.2].zip or just the patch one ? and Another question I dont change the name of the mod file right so title_manager.mod.mod should just stay like that ?
Although it's strange, it should look like that (well, it can look like that, to be precise). You should extract both my modified .mod files (and overwrite) as well as my submod.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Your the CHAMP!

Too late tonight to get this together, will in the coming days.

Just some further input: I use these steam mods "Interface: Century Gothic" and "Tooltip: Century Gothic Bold 18" to make the text much more readable, perhaps they could be added at some point. Iam sure you just want to play at this point. Is there something already included like them in your compilation? I think there might be. I don't think I could play without them. I'll add them if not. There's instructions to make the interface one compatible with HIP though I subscribed to it and its worked last playthrough so idk.

"Bigger Interface: for HIP - Historical Immersion Project" and "Bigger Interface: Picture Addon" are 2 other QoL mods I was using that will be hard to give up, but I may have to, to avoid compatibility problems. Bigger Interface... requires Arko's interface to not be installed.

I was using this Steam workshop collection in my last playthrough called CK2 HIP list authored by "Ironbyrd", perhaps it may be of use to you if you decide to add any other mods. It was a big change and loads more fun from regular HIP.

Last edited:
Another question do I need to do anything if I am not playing with all the mods you recommend ? Because I dont have all the mods that you listed and only chose some of them and the game crashes for me

Your the CHAMP!

Too late tonight to get this together, will in the coming days.

Just some further input: I use these steam mods "Interface: Century Gothic" and "Tooltip: Century Gothic Bold 18" to make the text much more readable, perhaps they could be added at some point. Iam sure you just want to play at this point. Is there something already included like them in your compilation? I think there might be. I don't think I could play without them. I'll add them if not. There's instructions to make the interface one compatible with HIP though I subscribed to it and its worked last playthrough so idk.
I don’t like this font in CK2. It doesn’t fit the game at all IMO. I use ’Theatrum Orbis Terrarum interface fonts’ which is perfect. It is in the steam collection as well as the list of mods, together with a short note. I recommend you check that out, as it‘s a much much better font than anything else out there. But if you don’t want to use it, there’s still ‘a revolutionary tooltip font’ which although was made primarily for high-dpi screens, is still miles better than century gothic imo. but yeah - it’s only tooltip. I also use different map font, but didn’t include it in the collection.

"Bigger Interface: for HIP - Historical Immersion Project" and "Bigger Interface: Picture Addon" are 2 other QoL mods I was using that will be hard to give up, but I may have to, to avoid compatibility problems. Bigger Interface... requires Arko's interface to not be installed.
Yes, I thought about it for a while, as I did play with it with CK2+ and had the same thoughts. even looked in the files on how it could be integrated with ARKO. The answer is, it would be cumbersome, but I may do it some time later. Though I now start to appreciate more map visibility with smaller interface.

I was using this Steam workshop collection in my last playthrough called CK2 HIP list authored by "Ironbyrd", perhaps it may be of use to you if you decide to add any other mods. It was a big change and loads more fun from regular HIP.
I think I‘ve seen this collection before and yeah, I did look through a bunch of them to find mods. I still have a few on my list to check and maybe add later. But now I want to focus more on balancing what’s already in, as there are mods that touch the same areas, eg. I had a look on all the new traits from mods recently and can confirm ‘chivalry societies’ tactics traits 100% need overhaul - to be on par with ‘realistic warfare’, which I want to be a frame for all other traits. Some of those could be even thrown out of the window or changed to something completely different. It‘s nothing game-breaking currently but it would be good to have it balanced perfectly.
Anyway, thank you for your suggestion. I added some mods I missed before, for the future to check. If you, or anyone else, have any other suggestions - they are most welcome.

Another question do I need to do anything if I am not playing with all the mods you recommend ? Because I dont have all the mods that you listed and only chose some of them and the game crashes for me
As stated in the first post - let me know which mods you chose.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I don’t like this font in CK2. It doesn’t fit the game at all IMO. I use ’Theatrum Orbis Terrarum interface fonts’ which is perfect. It is in the steam collection as well as the list of mods, together with a short note. I recommend you check that out, as it‘s a much much better font than anything else out there. But if you don’t want to use it, there’s still ‘a revolutionary tooltip font’ which although was made primarily for high-dpi screens, is still miles better than century gothic imo. but yeah - it’s only tooltip. I also use different map font, but didn’t include it in the collection.

Yes, I thought about it for a while, as I did play with it with CK2+ and had the same thoughts. even looked in the files on how it could be integrated with ARKO. The answer is, it would be cumbersome, but I may do it some time later. Though I now start to appreciate more map visibility with smaller interface.

I think I‘ve seen this collection before and yeah, I did look through a bunch of them to find mods. I still have a few on my list to check and maybe add later. But now I want to focus more on balancing what’s already in, as there are mods that touch the same areas, eg. I had a look on all the new traits from mods recently and can confirm ‘chivalry societies’ tactics traits 100% need overhaul - to be on par with ‘realistic warfare’, which I want to be a frame for all other traits. Some of those could be even thrown out of the window or changed to something completely different. It‘s nothing game-breaking currently but it would be good to have it balanced perfectly.
Anyway, thank you for your suggestion. I added some mods I missed before, for the future to check. If you, or anyone else, have any other suggestions - they are most welcome.

As stated in the first post - let me know which mods you chose.

"Realistic WarfareHIP"
"Prisoner Marriage"
"Your Personal Castle"
"New Immersive Events"
"Nicknames+++"
"A More Navigable Rivers HIP/SWMH"
"Missing WOL Education Events"
"Medieval Trade Routes (HIP map)"
"Manic's Units"
"[LMM] Spouse Empowerment"
"[LMM] Powerful Vassals Factions"
"[LMM] Councillor XP"
"HIP - Latin and Greek Religious Titles"
"Interface: Stellaris Colors"
"Historical Events Pack HIP"
"HIP - More Bloodlines"
"HIP - More Cultural Names"
"Great Works Models - HIP"
"Dark Ages"
"Cultural Cities Remix"
"Cities of Wonders (HIP&SWMH)"
"Languages and Linguistics [CK2RPG]"
"Rich Childhood"
"HIP - Abandon Undesirable Children"
"HIP SWMH Cultural Bonus"
"Theatrum Orbis Terrarum -'fonts.gfx' is only think in the interface removed the others
"Title Manager"
"Autonomous Dependent States [3.3.*]"
"Visible Health And Fertility"

this are the mods I used from your list the games loads fine when I have to pick my character it crashes when loading the game the only thing I see wrong are the text above the navigation bar before picking character and the map to the Norse is white when selecting different map mods from the navigation bar. just to make sure there are no other files like the dark ages that you need to zip out from the zipfile right
1598474711102.png

About the font mods I mentioned, I'll use the one you have, it does look good. I play at 3440x1440, should be fine.

So after looking throught the first post and threadmarks I've separated the mods that are not at Steam workshop, hope Iam not missing any. I haven't got around to installing them yet, maybe tonight if I have time:

"HIP - Remnkhemi"
"HIP - Keep Betrothed Family Members Home"
"Bring Child to Court"
"BLG / CC for SWMH"
"TMM History Only"
"HIP - Very Rare Female Peasant Leaders"
"HIP - Walter's HIP mod"
'We are Legion'
'INCproject
'Stand Alone Sexual Traits'

You had plans to add "Norse Heritage Overhaul". If you did its not listed where I looked. Looks like it isn't in the .mod attachment, I think, so Iam assuming no. I've been eyeing this mod for a while now, it would be a great addition, but alot of work to add Iam sure, perhaps too much.

Also 2 mods are not in your steam collection, but are available though Steam: "The Great Trade League" and "The Orders Of Chivalry".

Iam really starting to realize the scope of what you've done here. This is quite major... the value it adds to the game... all the mods... all the work... all the work of other mod authors. Fucking A bud!!!

EDIT: NM 2 more mods popped up in the launcher list, fuckin buggy.... Looks like "Bring Child to Court" and "Autonomous Dependant Sates" are there now. Anyways it's late, won't get everything installed tonight. Tomorrows another day... most likely!

Last edited:
Hello good idea to have everything in one please but how you describe installation i have problems to install and cannot load the game...its crashing on load screen...

"Realistic WarfareHIP"
"Prisoner Marriage"
"Your Personal Castle"
"New Immersive Events"
"Nicknames+++"
"Manic's Units"
"[LMM] Councillor XP"
"HIP - More Bloodlines"
"Dark Ages"
"Cultural Cities Remix"
"Rich Childhood"
"Theatrum Orbis Terrarum -'fonts.gfx' is only think in the interface removed the others
"Title Manager"

this are the mods I used from your list the games loads fine when I have to pick my character it crashes when loading the game the only thing I see wrong are the text above the navigation bar before picking character and the map to the Norse is white when selecting different map mods from the navigation bar. just to make sure there are no other files like the dark ages that you need to zip out from the zipfile right
No mods outside of the ones I mentioned?
You could try adding to the list Historical Anglo-Saxons (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1713863328), WMM (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/walters-hip-mod-mod.978374/), Orders of Chivalry (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1458844205) and Warrior Societies (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2024180606)
The double text below date is a result of 'Theatrum Orbis Terrarum font' mod, it's harmless.

About the font mods I mentioned, I'll use the one you have, it does look good. I play at 3440x1440, should be fine.

So after looking throught the first post and threadmarks I've separated the mods that are not at Steam workshop, hope Iam not missing any. I haven't got around to installing them yet, maybe tonight if I have time:

"HIP - Remnkhemi"
"HIP - Keep Betrothed Family Members Home"
"Bring Child to Court"
"BLG / CC for SWMH"
"TMM History Only"
"HIP - Very Rare Female Peasant Leaders"
"HIP - Walter's HIP mod"
'We are Legion'
'INCproject
'Stand Alone Sexual Traits'

You had plans to add "Norse Heritage Overhaul". If you did its not listed where I looked. Looks like it isn't in the .mod attachment, I think, so Iam assuming no. I've been eyeing this mod for a while now, it would be a great addition, but alot of work to add Iam sure, perhaps too much.

Also 2 mods are not in your steam collection, but are available though Steam: "The Great Trade League" and "The Orders Of Chivalry".

Iam really starting to realize the scope of what you've done here. This is quite major... the value it adds to the game... all the mods... all the work... all the work of other mod authors. Fucking A bud!!!

EDIT: NM 2 more mods popped up in the launcher list, fuckin buggy.... Looks like "Bring Child to Court" and "Autonomous Dependant Sates" are there now. Anyways it's late, won't get everything installed tonight. Tomorrows another day... most likely!

Thanks for the list!
'BLG/CC for SWMH' is a compatibility mod included with Cultural Cities. Just look in its folder.
'We are Legion' is on Steam, but I downloaded it from ModDB. I'll add it I just added it to the collection. (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1182957886)
Same with 'The Great Trade League' and 'The Orders Of Chivalry', but yeah, they're added as well.

Note on 'Stand Alone Sexual Traits': Now as I play the game, I see they'll need to be nerfed quite a bit.

Also I made a few fixes for '.mod' files in the meantime. I'll upload them tomorrow.

So I thought i would just ask if it is possible to get an upload of the /mod you use? Is such a thing ok? Or would that be to big?
Sorry, I can't. That would be mod piracy. You'll have to download the mods separately :)

Hello good idea to have everything in one please but how you describe installation i have problems to install and cannot load the game...its crashing on load screen...
Tell me what you did do and which mods you discarded, if any. Also send me screenshot(s) of your /mod folder.

Last edited:
Dont know if you have the game or still playing/testing but maybe you can try and see from my list + the 4 mods you asked me to add and see if you get the same problem

"Realistic WarfareHIP"
"Prisoner Marriage"
"Your Personal Castle"
"New Immersive Events"
"Nicknames+++"
"Manic's Units"
"[LMM] Councillor XP"
"HIP - More Bloodlines"
"Dark Ages"
"Cultural Cities Remix"
"Rich Childhood"
"Title Manager"
"Historical Anglo-Saxons"
"WMM"
"Orders of Chivalry"
"Warrior Societies"

+ The HIP main mod and your patch mod

should be a quick test where you disable the other mods in your list

Dont know if you have the game or still playing/testing but maybe you can try and see from my list + the 4 mods you asked me to add and see if you get the same problem

"Realistic WarfareHIP"
"Prisoner Marriage"
"Your Personal Castle"
"New Immersive Events"
"Nicknames+++"
"Manic's Units"
"[LMM] Councillor XP"
"HIP - More Bloodlines"
"Dark Ages"
"Cultural Cities Remix"
"Rich Childhood"
"Title Manager"
"Historical Anglo-Saxons"
"WMM"
"Orders of Chivalry"
"Warrior Societies"

+ The HIP main mod and your patch mod

should be a quick test where you disable the other mods in your list

sorry, I’m not home till Monday. did you use my modified .mod files? You could also correct path in ‘hey yo mr white’, as it has a backslash (‘\’) instead of slash (‘/‘). i did correct it for the latest release, but it didn’t change anything on my end.

This seems very interesting, but I am also struggling to get it to work.

I installed HIP with all the default options, subscribed to all mods in the collection, added the compatch (and fixes the slash in the mod file), and then parsed through the .mod files zip copying all the .mod files of mods that I had installed and replacing them.

But when I launch the game, the UI for selecting characters is kinda messed up, and most importantly, the game always crashes when trying to launch any game.

Do not take this the wrong way, but the main page on this thread and the whole installation process could stand to be improved a lot. I would request that whenever a mod is required or suggested that is not on the collection that a link be provided.

Thanks once again!

Did you install all the mods outside Steam Workshop guto8797?

Where is "HIP - Latin and Greek Religious Titles" and "HIP - Keep Betrothed Family at Home" found? I googled it... and nothing.

Ahh I see... it's at Norse Heritage Overhaul's page.

We don't install Norse Heritage Overhaul, do we?

Here's links:

Do I put the .mod.mod files from the Compatch in with the original .mod files so there's both or do I replace all the .mod files with the .mod.mod ones, deleting the .mod from .mod.mod, so there's only one.?

I deleted duplicates when there when was, and deleted the .mod off the mod.mod from the files. Getting crash when loading 2nd try.

Last edited: