• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BallsOfSteelBaby

Sergeant
39 Badges
Aug 6, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Hello everybody,

so after finding a couple of submods I wanted to use, could be conflicting with each other and/or newest update and finding some threads about compatches but with no current answer, I decided to make them compatible myself (that's some super long sentence). I made this by:
1. Looking for each duplicate file I could find between the mods and HIP;
2. Finding if simple overwrite will do or will I have to merge the changes;
3. Extracting possible files to overwrite or, to be safe, just deleting no longer needed ones;
3. Comparing conflicting '.txt' files in Notepad++;
4. Copy-pasting sections of files from smaller/older to bigger/more recent one and making changes, if needed, to be on par with current version;
5. Updating all of the conflicting, old files to be up to date with Frosty3 changes.
"Sin's Loaner"
"HIP - Remnkhemi"
"Realistic WarfareHIP"
"Prisoner Marriage"
"Your Personal Castle"
"Vasikle's Patrum Scuta for HIP"
"New Immersive Events"
"Nicknames+++"
"MTA - Vice and Virtue"
"MTA - Specific Punishments"
"MTA - Divine Bloodline"
"A More Navigable Rivers HIP/SWMH"
"Missing WOL Education Events"
"Mend the Eastern Schisms - HIP"
"Medieval Trade Routes (HIP map)"
"Manic's Units"
"[LMM] Spouse Empowerment"
"[LMM] Invite With Promises"
"[LMM] Immersive Title Grant"
"[LMM] Religious and Cultural Hatred"
"[LMM] Powerful Vassals Factions"
"[LMM] Councillor XP"
"[LMM] Immersive Army Leadership"
"HIP - Latin and Greek Religious Titles"
"HIP - Keep Betrothed Family Members Home"
"Crimson Tooltip"
"Invite Locals ++"
"Interface: Stellaris Colors"
"Historical Events Pack HIP"
"HIP - Historical Anglo Saxons"
"HIP - More Bloodlines"
"HIP - More Cultural Names"
"HIP - 'Renascentia Romanorum'"
"HIP - Better Slavs" - a small amount of fixes and adjustments from this mod was integrated in the compatch. All credits go to @TheDovahkiin97
"Great Works Models - HIP"
"Frames for All"
"HIP - Forge Unlimited Bloodlines"
"Dark Ages" v.1.2.31" (Damn you, for having version number in the mod name) - Dealt with
"Cultural Cities Remix"
"Cities of Wonders (HIP&SWMH)"
"Colored Buttons"
"Languages and Linguistics [CK2RPG]"
"Rich Childhood"
"Bring Child to Court"
"BLG / CC for SWMH"
"A Transparent Map Mod (dark)" (Will be replaced - the file is already delivered with HIP, inside LTM alternate files, but it could be needing update, a correction and adjustment)
"A Rev. Font Mod - Bookworm (White)" (I changed it for other font and I like to change them from time to time and for different cultures/government types; it doesn't matter though and you may choose whichever you like without worrying too much about it, even awful vanilla one)
"A Revolutionary Tooltip Font" ('Theatrum Orbis Terrarum - Interface Fonts' already covers that area; you could load them together if needed, just make sure this mod loads after TOT fonts -- recommended for high DPI screens)
"HIP - Abandon Undesirable Children"
"HIP SWMH Cultural Bonus"
"The Great Trade League"
"The Orders of Chivalry"
"Theatrum Orbis Terrarum - Interface Fonts" (if you use it, delete content of it's interface folder besides 'fonts.gfx')
"Title Manager"
"TMM History Only"
"Autonomous Dependent States [3.3.*]"
"HIP - Very Rare Female Peasant Leaders"
"Visible Health And Fertility"
"HIP - Walter's HIP mod"
"Warrior Societies (HIP)"
"Astronomia on Ruler's Death" (let me know if you want it out, i'll help you)

+ a lot of music mods
All work done here, was with default HIP installation configuration.

Quick instructions:

- First and foremost you obviously need HIP;
- You need all the original mods as well - but not necessarily each mod I listed, just the ones you like (let me know which you disregarded tho, as there's a risk some mods are in fact always needed);
- Then you need my compatch as a separate mod and the attached '.mod' files for the original mods you already have in your folder;
- The original mods '.mod' files you have in your "CK2\mod\" folder, you overwrite with attached '.mod' files by me. I've gone by each and every one of them to make sure there's a correct dependency listed in a quote. You probably don't need it for mods downloaded outside of Steam as well as 100% dedicated for HIP. I'm almost sure thought that there was this one or two mods that had the dependency listed wrong despite being downloaded outside of Steam. Anyway, you risk nothing just overwriting them all as long as there is not a version number in a mod's folder name.

Known Issues for 0.9.5.2:
- There are possibly 2 instances of a couple of some battle-tactics traits like 'Flat Terrain';
- Some battle-tactics traits could be out of balance as 'Realistic Warfare' (fantastic mod) overhauls already existent ones, but then there are mods that add more of them, like 'Orders of Chivalry' mod;
- Stand Alone Sexual Traits are too OP. will be nerfed;
- It crashes for anyone but me, so yeah. i'll be reviewing this matter shortly.

I'll be glad for any criticism/feedback and especially for any bugs/inconsistencies you find. Let me know here or through DM.

Steam Workshop Collection:

This gave me 12 separate compatibility files and 3 excluded mod files to overwrite. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to test the game yet, as there are still some mods I want to check. I will gladly take feedback if something was done wrong or could be done better. Also I don't guarantee I caught all of the duplicates or changes inside the files. I really tried tho. There were also some instances (2 I think) where I couldn't find appropriate differences so I just deleted the file from one mod so the game will use it from HIP or other mod. It shouldn't be anything significant (I hope!)

Now, I need some confirmation I can freely post the files here, as I myself did little changes to the code; as said, most of what I did was just copying and pasting the code between the files.

Regards

Attachments

• HIP - The Ultimate Compatch [v0.9.9].zip
    5,3 MB · Views: 0
  • BallsOfSteelBaby's modified .mod files [FOR v0.9.9].zip
    27,7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 12Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Hello everybody,

so after finding a couple of submods I wanted to use could be conflicting with each other and/or newest update and finding some threads about compatches but with no current answer, I decided to make them compatible with current version myself. I made this by:
1. Looking for each duplicate file I could find between the mods and HIP;
2. Finding if simple overwrite will do or will I have to merge the changes;
3. Extracting possible files to overwrite or, to be safe, just deleting no longer needed ones;
3. Comparing conflicting '.txt' files in Notepad++;
4. Copy-pasting sections of files from smaller/older to bigger/more recent one and making changes, if needed, to be on par with current version;
5. Updating all of the conflicting, old files to be up to date with Frosty3 changes.

My current mod list:
arbm.zip #just a font
arfom.zip #just a font
armapfont-bookworm-white.zip #just a font
bringchild.zip
childhood.zip
ckrpg_languages.zip
colored buttons.zip
cow_hip_swmh.zip
culturalcities.zip
darkages.zip
framesforall.zip
greatworksmodels_hip.zip
hip - better balkans & carpahians.zip
hip - renascentia romanorum.zip
hip-more-cultural-names.zip
hip_more_bloodlines.zip
historical_anglo_saxons_hip.zip
historicaleventspackhip.zip
interface_stellaris_colors.zip
invitelocals++.mod.zip
kingdomofheaven.zip
lmm_immersivearmyleadership.zip
lmmcouncillorxp.zip
immersivemusicmod1.zip
immersivemusicmod2.zip
lmmimmersivetitlegrant.zip
lmminvitewithpromises.zip
lmmpowerfulvassalsfactions.zip
lmmreligiousandculturalhatred.zip
lmmspouseempowerment.zip
manics_units.zip
mapfontwhiteemboss.zip
medieval trade routes.mod.zip
mend the eastern schisms hip.zip
missing_wol_events.zip
mnr hip-swmh.zip
mta - divine bloodline.zip
mta - specific punishments.zip
mta - vice and virtue.zip
nicknames+++.zip
nie.zip
patrum_scuta_hip.zip
personal_castle.zip
prisonermarriage.zip
realisticwarfarehip.zip
sin loaner.zip
swmhculture.zip
theatrumorbisterrarum_interface.zip
title_manager.zip
tributary_vassals.zip
vhf.zip
ws_warrior_societies_hip.zip

That was using default HIP configuration.
This gave me 12 separate compatibility files and 3 excluded mod files to overwrite. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to test the game yet, as there are still some mods I want to check. I will gladly take feedback if something was done wrong or could be done better. Also I don't guarantee I caught all of the duplicates or changes inside the files. I really tried tho. There were also some instances (2 I think) where I couldn't find appropriate differences so I just deleted the file from one mod so the game will use it from HIP or other mod. It shouldn't be anything significant (I hope!)

Now, I need some confirmation I can freely post the files here, as I myself did little changes to the code; as said, most of what I did was just copying and pasting the code between the files.

Regards
Have You got rid of the fantasy Chrobatian kingdom?

Updated with following submods and made some corrections to the previous ones:
WMMv5.2
Very Rare Female Peasant Leaders HIP29-12-19
TMM History Only.12.07.20
The_Orders_of_Chivalry_1.2.5
The_Great_Trade_League_1_6_7
Remnkhemi - Compatability Version
Latin and Greek Religious Titles HIP31-03-20
Keep Betrothed Family Members Home HIP15-03-20
HIP - Forge unlimited BloodlinesMOD
Abandon Undesirable Children HIP12-09-19

Resulting currently in 38 '.txt' compatibility files and 5 excluded files to overwrite I threw that part out and left only one instance of each file overall - meaning I deleted a lot of files between the mods to make sure specific one will be loaded. I did not track it, but I'll take a look at it later if needed and post the resulting list, together with the files. You could also just throw all of the files into a new mod, with appropriate folders and list the whole rest of the mods in "dependencies" in its '.mod' file. I guess that would be a proper way to do it, but I was making the changes on the go, taking, what would seem, a shortcut. I plan on making it like that later though.
I also corrected dependency to HIP in almost every '.mod' file, as most of them either had it wrong (Steam fault mostly) or not at all. This resulted in HIP files sometimes taking over submods. That means there are additional 48 '.mod' files. Not all of them probably needed the dependency but I added it anyway, just for the sake of certainty.

Have You got rid of the fantasy Chrobatian kingdom?

Yeah, well, I noticed these features of 'Better Slavs' only halfway through the work, by which time it was already well integrated with the rest - so it's in for now. Fear not though, I do plan on either removing the mod entirely or reworking it in this regard. That after I test the game though and this could take a while.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Plans and whatnot
Ok, so I have it ready finally.
I double-checked duplicates between all mods and actually found some files. I also made a few corrections here and there, threw some files out and even tested it working. Most importantly though - after previous post, I realised it would be smarter to make a proper submod straightaway; and that I did. With all the paths, dependencies, everything just ready to be taken and used. I will upload the files to the first post shortly.

On a sad note, Slavs are even worse than I thought. The amount of Croat nationalism and wishful thinking in 'Better Slavs' mod is absurd. I said there are good points in this mod before and I believe there really are. But you would have to check every single file in it, to make sure it's not somehow interconnected to this Croatian madness. You can't trust a mod like that. It would also need additional patching for 'Cultural Bonuses' and music. The obvious verdict is: OUT.

Other than that, I made some vague plans for the future, if I won't get bored:
  • REMOVE Better Slavs;
  • ADD Norse Heritige;
  • CHECK Novus Graphicus/In Heavens Graphical Overhaul (curious of the compatibility with HIP in reality and how would the differences look in comparison);
  • CHECK Flogi's Tech, Build mod (i did use it before with CK2+ and it was quite alright; now i want to know if it's even needed in HIP, so i'll play a game and see first)
  • CHECK AI Assistant (not sure)
  • CHECK Full TMM (as with IHGO, i want to see how far the compatibility can be pushed)
  • CHECK Co-Emperors and Symbasileis HIP
  • CHECK Sin's Influence Collection (i like new features and these are mostly self-contained)
  • The most important part - check if there are no overlapping features from different mods eg. trade mods or 'warrior societies' with 'orders of chivalry' AND check if any of the combined mods change some game variable and it's now unusable globally (like 'Better Slavs' with culture names and maybe 'Renascentia Romanorum' the same)
  • and i'm sure something else i don't remember

It took me ~100hrs to do it all. If I knew it will be this cumbersome, i'd probably not do it at all ;p
Anyway, there should be 49 files in 7 folders in my compatch mod + all the .mod files I have - I'm too tired to select them right now, so i'll just upload them all, sorry. I will also update the list of mods in the first post with proper names.

Last edited:
  • 9Like
Reactions:
This is really great. Exactly what I've been waiting for. Finishing my 2nd playthrough very soon, will for sure, be checking this out!

Big thanks for your fine service and valuable time!!!

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, guys. Steam did not want to cooperate with me yesterday. I will work on it today and it will be available tomorrow at the latest. In the meantime I found a couple of interesting mods for the future, potentially.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Dark Ages got updated. to 1.2.32. Also, how do i install this?
Yeah, lately Dark Ages was updated very frequently. Just look at this changelog - 7 updates in the last 10 days! That's good, but with the version number in the name it can be also problematic. You can delete the version in the first line of the .mod file or correct the dependency by adding quotation marks before and after HIP name each time it's got updated. I have deleted the version in the file and renamed it, so it's not overwritten by steam each update and I will ship it with the 'no Better Slavs' update.

This is cool -- is the installation just save these files in the mod file?

Yes, unless you don't use all mods from the modified .mod files, then select only the ones you've got

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Placing Croats everywhere and making them more significant than they (apparently) really were. It's of course this enormous Croatia-land right in the center of east-europe. I know you say it's not exactly Croatia, but it looks and feels very much Croatian to me.

Placing Croats everywhere and making them more significant than they (apparently) really were. It's of course this enormous Croatia-land right in the center of east-europe. I know you say it's not exactly Croatia, but it looks and feels very much Croatian to me.
This indeed is an issue as i had no time to make them look more like proto-slavs. However their impact was far more significant than you might imagine but this is and always was seen as a threat for the polish and czech while the ukrainians mostly support it. Even a russian historian wrote a good book about it and i agree with most of its content. "Velikaya Horvatija". However the established nationalistic history of poland doesnt accept and blatantly denies this stuff. The connotation with the balkans alao doesnt really help

Yeah, lately Dark Ages was updated very frequently. Just look at this changelog - 7 updates in the last 10 days! That's good, but with the version number in the name it can be also problematic. You can delete the version in the first line of the .mod file or correct the dependency by adding quotation marks before and after HIP name each time it's got updated. I have deleted the version in the file and renamed it, so it's not overwritten by steam each update and I will ship it with the 'no Better Slavs' update.

Yes, unless you don't use all mods from the modified .mod files, then select only the ones you've got

Cool - it didn't quite work for me -- probably cause I'm new to this. I just unzipped and then pasted into the mod file and loaded. When loading it just crashes.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

So essentially your compilation has the most up-to-date Dark Ages version despite the outdated version name?

This indeed is an issue as i had no time to make them look more like proto-slavs. However their impact was far more significant than you might imagine but this is and always was seen as a threat for the polish and czech while the ukrainians mostly support it. Even a russian historian wrote a good book about it and i agree with most of its content. "Velikaya Horvatija". However the established nationalistic history of poland doesnt accept and blatantly denies this stuff. The connotation with the balkans alao doesnt really help
I'm certainly not an expert, but reading through the last pages of your mod's page with some additional quick reading gives that the nation of white croats, as a state you present it, would be very much debatable.

Cool - it didn't quite work for me -- probably cause I'm new to this. I just unzipped and then pasted into the mod file and loaded. When loading it just crashes.
You need HIP and all the other mods you want to use, downloaded and put there as well. This one here is just some clashing files put together. I wouldn't upload someone else's work as a modpack as it's generally against modding community rules and, well, not fair to the author.

So essentially your compilation has the most up-to-date Dark Ages version despite the outdated version name?
Depends what you are asking. There are no files from 'Dark Ages' in my compatch as there're no files conflicting between this and whatever else (it's 100% self-contained). The '.mod' file of it in the second archive is only there for if you downloaded the mod from steam. There's a known bug that Steam corrupts the dependencies in '.mod' files.

I'm certainly not an expert, but reading through the last pages of your mod's page with some additional quick reading gives that the nation of white croats, as a state you present it, would be very much debatable.

You need HIP and all the other mods you want to use, downloaded and put there as well. This one here is just some clashing files put together. I wouldn't upload someone else's work as a modpack as it's generally against modding community rules and, well, not fair to the author.

Depends what you are asking. There are no files from 'Dark Ages' in my compatch as there're no files conflicting between this and whatever else (it's 100% self-contained). The '.mod' file of it in the second archive is only there for if you downloaded the mod from steam. There's a known bug that Steam corrupts the dependencies in '.mod' files.

Sorry, but I still don't get how to install this, if you want i'd like a detailed tutorial, step-by-step. And I'd also want to know: do i just need your submod or do i need the originals then compatch with your files? And the archive with the .mod files is only for Steam mods or do i need it no matter what?

Sorry, but I still don't get how to install this, if you want i'd like a detailed tutorial, step-by-step. And I'd also want to know: do i just need your submod or do i need the originals then compatch with your files? And the archive with the .mod files is only for Steam mods or do i need it no matter what?

First and foremost you obviously need HIP;
You need all the original mods as well - but not necessarily each mod I listed, just the ones you like (let me know which mods you disregarded tho, as there's a risk some mods are in fact always needed);
Then you need my compatch as a separate mod and the attached '.mod' files for the original mods you already have in your folder;
The original mods '.mod' files you have in your "CK2\mod\" folder, you overwrite with attached '.mod' files by me. I've gone by each and every one of them to make sure there's a correct dependency listed in a quote. You probably don't need it for mods downloaded outside of Steam as well as 100% dedicated for HIP. I'm almost sure thought that there was this one or two mods that had the dependency listed wrong despite being downloaded outside of Steam. Anyway, you risk nothing just overwriting them all as long as there isn't a version number inside the mod's name.

Last edited:
Reactions: