• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which should be WoN only?

• Transfer Tradepower

Votes: 1.581 51,9%
  • Powerbonus-system for fighting Rivals

Votes: 177 5,8%
  • Policies

Votes: 547 18,0%
  • New formable nations: Kurland, Egypt & Bukhara.

Votes: 472 15,5%
  • Automation of Papacy

Votes: 267 8,8%

• Total voters
I find everything else more or less irrelevant but would gladly buy the dlc just because of the automated papacy.. :p

...There's a reason I asked which one(s) would be easiest to implement as WoN only, and that reason is that from a practical standpoint I would vote for those options as it would give us the highest chance of avoiding bugs and them the least work...
This, and only this, should be the driver of their decision.

Frankly, I'm shocked, and a bit appalled, that they're willing to make a design decision based on complaints by a few dozen people who like to rant on message boards. Pandering is never a winning strategy (outside of politics).

...I know the answer is the papacy box, but the most *acceptable* one :p.
It probably is. And we're probably just inviting delays and bugs by asking them to change it.

This, and only this, should be the driver of their decision.

Frankly, I'm shocked, and a bit appalled, that they're willing to make a design decision based on complaints by a few dozen people who like to rant on message boards. Pandering is never a winning strategy (outside of politics).

It probably is. And we're probably just inviting delays and bugs by asking them to change it.

The complaints were rather widespread and rightfully so. It's also true that if the result is a worse product, they shouldn't do it. The safest alternative is probably the new country formation decisions, but I don't know that for certain.

The complaints were rather widespread and rightfully so. It's also true that if the result is a worse product, they shouldn't do it. The safest alternative is probably the new country formation decisions, but I don't know that for certain.
Support independence is already requiring a DLC. It should be relatively easy to modify the code to do the same with Trade transfer.

I also voted for the tradepower option, simply because its got the most votes. Any of the other features besides the papal automation, I would be fine with including in WoN. They're all new features, while papal automation is an improvement of an existing feature.

Support independence is already requiring a DLC. It should be relatively easy to modify the code to do the same with Trade transfer.

Ah, good point. That's an example that wasn't TOO buggy, but did have an issue (1.4 had the problem with separate peace ending the war). Still, that happened regardless of CoP. If it's just a matter of yanking the button that should work.

Seeing this list, I can see why the developers choose the automated system not to be included for free. They actually made the decision to include the most amount of content for free.

That being said I voted transfer trade power because, like people have said, it makes the most sense with the type of DLC.
Realistically, however, there is no quota of "free things vs not-free things" they had to stick to.

I think they were just worried that they were giving away too much with this one. They certainly are giving away a lot more than usual with it, which is why I don't begrudge them charging for the other features here.

Voted, but in all honesty, I have no qualms with Transfer Tradepower, the new Rival system and Policies all being part of the DLC, because they're new content that add to existing gameplay. I wouldn't have any issue with the new formable nations being there either, but I only class that outside the others as historically there's often been free formables chucked in with patches.

Just not the Papacy change. That's 100% patch material and was why there was such outcry.

Last edited:
You are voting for what SHOULD BE in the expansion, not what shouldn't be in the expansion. Just pointing that out.
Yeah i know please read better what i said instead of pointing out obvious things.

Realistically, however, there is no quota of "free things vs not-free things" they had to stick to.

I think they were just worried that they were giving away too much with this one. They certainly are giving away a lot more than usual with it, which is why I don't begrudge them charging for the other features here.

Yeah, same. This is truly a case of going a bit overboard while walking backwards :p. There's a lot to like in the updates but the new mechanics are really the things people should be paying for. I'm a little perplexed at the prioritization here but I'm also pleased to see such a gesture from PI.

Paradox is listening to the People here. I find that really awesome and am sure that actions like this WILL be profitable for you.
If only for that, WoN will be bought by me.

Respect!

It worked for paradox, and continues to do so.

It makes them money. I have bought DLC I have never played just to support Paradox. This is not considering the people I have gotten interested in the company and who have also bought games from them. Its a good thing.

Since it seemed to be a group of people upset with Papacy Automation being part of the latest expansion, I'll let you guys pick which feature should be in WoN, while the rest is free for 1.6.

- Transfer Tradepower Diplomatic Action. (Not just from wars, but something you can negotiate at peace)
- Powerbonus-system for fighting Rivals. (You saw an early version in the MP streams)
- Policysystem (Replaces lots of decisions, and costs power for bonuses)
- New formable nations: Kurland, Egypt & Bukhara.
- Automation of Papacy.

I'm not adding any of the other interface improvements to this, as I assume you won't vote for them either.

Please don't put the policy system in WoN only! That would really force modders to make hard choices about using an excellent new feature or supporting those who don't buy the expansion.

My first choice for what goes in WoN? Papal Automation
Second choice: New Formable Nations

Just my $0.02! And Paradox will get my money for the expansion either way!

What an odd vote. The first 3 seem to make perfect sense to be DLC only since they seem to add new things. Formable nations and the papacy tweak seem to be something that fits the base game since they appear to change things that are already in the game and should therefore be the 'free' things.

Seeing this list, I can see why the developers choose the automated system not to be included for free. They actually made the decision to include the most amount of content for free.

That being said I voted transfer trade power because, like people have said, it makes the most sense with the type of DLC.

except that the automated system for papacy shouldn't be on the list at all. It's a basic UI fix, not new "content".