• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JimJ4m

Head of Community
1 Badges
Jan 7, 2019
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
Hey everyone!

For Monday, me and cKnoor will try out SUBURBAN DEFENSE, created by our very own @Prussian Havoc
Stream starts at 16:00 CET/ 8 AM PT and can be found here (Paradox on Twitch)

The setup is...

SUBURBAN DEFENSE
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Player is a local Militia commander tasked to defend a suburban cluster of businesses and dwellings with a Lance of UrbanMechs against a Pirate incursion.

Use the Red City Map and a Lance of four Urban Mechs for the player, against the AI’s Enforcer, JagerMech, Spider and Trebuchet.

Pilot choice is up to the player.
All mechs are stock.

Player's lance:
  • 4x UrbanMechs
Opponent's lance:
  • 1x Enforcer
  • 1x JagerMech (we will be playing with the JM6-S)
  • 1x Spider
  • 1xTrebuchet
Map: Red City

Goals / Objective:
  • In advance of URBAN WARFARE, introduce the Player to as close to City Fighting as one can get using the Red City Map. Savvy use of Jump Jets, Ambushes and Rear Torso Attacks should permit the Player to draw the AI OpFor into a series of Mid to Close Combat opportunities.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Really looking forward to this one!
Me and cKnoor will have to discuss choice of 'Mechwarriors during lunch before the stream, and would love to have some good strategic advice during the weekend!

And remember, if you have more suggestions on challenges you want us to play, post them over here.
As pointed out in the challenge suggestion thread I missed the thread for it last time (due to me fighting a cold instead of the enemy 'Mechs).
Jimmy_sick.png

(accurate representation)

Really sorry for that one!
So this time I'm going to be a 100% more pro-active and post this right now, so after the stream we love to see your success and stories in this thread!

JimJ4m over and out!

Last edited:
1x JagerMech

Which one?
I had intended the OpFor to include a JM6-S, though of course this is Paradox’ call. :bow: : )

Unfortunately it seems we are suffering some major issues in the studio so we will have to cancel today's stream. We will check if we move this to Monday in it's entirety or if we can schedule it later this week. I will keep you posted!

Unfortunately it seems we are suffering some major issues in the studio so we will have to cancel today's stream. We will check if we move this to Monday in it's entirety or if we can schedule it later this week. I will keep you posted!
Looking forward to the broadcast. : ) #WAITINGintheWINGS :bow:

This was a lot of fun! Didn't screenshot results, but 12-turn finish with only one of the urbies losing an arm (the useful one, unfortunately). LOS-breakers are easy to find here, so keeping forces concentrated and killing off that Spider scout *fast* meant that, aside from one dicey turn in the middle, I was always effectively fighting at 4:1 odds.