• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WalterOlivos

Sergeant
23 Badges
Sep 28, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
i've tested this a couple times by now to make sure its actually broken, if you set up pre game so that AI France goes communist and set up AI Germany to oppose hitler (doesnt matter if kaiser or democratic), France never actually goes communist, they stop halfway throught the communist focus and never finish it, i've waited until 1941, and they just dont flip.
However you actually can get France to go communist... how? set them to become Facist and strengthen them at least one time before starting the save, if you dont buff them once, the facists win the civil war, but for some reason if you buff France at least once, the communists win the civil war.
Also, when i tagged into the supposed "communist" France that never actually flipped in 1941, they didnt have the communist advisor, why when you set up a country to change its ideology, they dont hire the advisor that helps then doing just that?

A quick side note, i noticed that most civil wars change outcome if you buff the nation, and no, its not because the original tag has the buffs and the new tag that revolted doesnt have the buffs, i checked, both sides have the buff
I tested this with the french as mentioned above, if you set France to go facist and buff them, the facists lose the civil war
I also tested this with Japan, and the US, both times the tag that i set up to win, won if they didnt have any buffs, and lost when i buffed the major.

Reactions:
The advisor may not help anyway. France can only change ideology via focus, not from normal event.

They do need to have more than 50% communist support, but you normally get this by going through the focuses before "Force the issue".
How many of those focuses had France done by 1941?
What was their communist support? (below or above 50%)

The last time I checked, the issue was that the French focus tree is so long and the French AI had decided to complete the industrial, then the military focus, which both take years to complete.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The advisor may not help anyway. France can only change ideology via focus, not from normal event.

They do need to have more than 50% communist support, but you normally get this by going through the focuses before "Force the issue".
How many of those focuses had France done by 1941?
What was their communist support? (below or above 50%)

The last time I checked, the issue was that the French focus tree is so long and the French AI had decided to complete the industrial, then the military focus, which both take years to complete.
They didnt have enought communist support when they reached "Force the issue", so they couldn't do it, so the advisor would at least make sure they had the communist support to be able to flip
Also, even if they didn't need the advisor to flip ideology, the more support you have for the ideology in government, the more stability you have, so taking the advisor would still be a decent pp buy

Reactions:
Yeah, this is a confirmed bug. One would guess France's ai pathing for going Communist is a bit non-existant.

Ball in your court Paradox, no point in making bug reports if nothing changes.

I respectfully disagree that there's no point making bug reports. Since BBA we've had for hotfixes and three War Effort patches with one more probably on the way. These patches have shown some consideration of upvoted bugs, like Stalin's Paranoia and the USSR improving relations with Romania.

Upvotes are not a guarantee of a bugfix. I'd like to see way more than what we've gotten so far. And I would love if a paradox fixed the bug I reported that Stilwell gets sent to China regardless of what option you pick.

I understand the frustration, and I've upvoted your report to improve visibility, but it's not accurate to say there's no point to making a bug report.

Reactions:
I respectfully disagree that there's no point making bug reports. Since BBA we've had for hotfixes and three War Effort patches with one more probably on the way. These patches have shown some consideration of upvoted bugs, like Stalin's Paranoia and the USSR improving relations with Romania.

Upvotes are not a guarantee of a bugfix. I'd like to see way more than what we've gotten so far. And I would love if a paradox fixed the bug I reported that Stilwell gets sent to China regardless of what option you pick.

I understand the frustration, and I've upvoted your report to improve visibility, but it's not accurate to say there's no point to making a bug report.

Bruh. My post was not that deep.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: