• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Dear Diplomacy player,

A few years back, Paradox Interactive acquired the license to develop Diplomacy, the computer game. Expectations were high in the Paradox development team, among the Paradox gamers and not in the least among the current Diplomacy hobby.

All things considered, we are basically satisfied with the PC game Diplomacy. Throughout the years, we have come to realize that it's virtually impossible to meet every single expectation raised and that we therefore need to start with our own expectations, goals and ambitions. Sometimes all of these are met, sometimes they are not. The experiences we have gained throughout the development process of Diplomacy are valuable learning points for coming projects.

I know some of you are wondering what the future holds for Diplomacy and that is the main reason for this official communication. Circumstances that are partly out of our control are preventing us from working further on Diplomacy and opening the game to let others work on it is not an option we can pursue either. Should these circumstances change we will naturally try to accommodate as many suggestions as we can. We have released 3 patches/updates on Diplomacy since its launch, a number we believe is fair even for us who are known for supporting our games.

Paradox Interactive is currently growing and we have many exciting projects and releases in the pipeline. Our position on the market is enabling us to continue full speed ahead when others are forced to downsize. However, at the same time we are still the small company that constantly has to steer a steady course and ensure we are moving forward in a direction that allows us to continue to be the Paradox we have become known for.

We look forward to share the many exciting things we have coming your way!

Yours truly

Theodore Bergqvist
CEO Paradox Interactive

"Circumstances that are partly out of our control are preventing us from working further on Diplomacy ..."

I would pay close attention to this line.
It is not for me to discuss or elaborate further since Theo clearly chose not to, but I would give that sentence due consideration.
I would say though, that those are Circumstances that are not present in the upcoming releases of either Hoi2:DD or EU3.

And with that I have probably already said too much. So I will shut up now.

Bakunin said:
But seriously.... whom else should I nag? Who IS the stakeholder that can actually say "yes" to any of this?

Who is this shadowy entity that is conspiring to keep Diplomacy down? ;)
I may be sounding as a Paradox fanboy or a Atari hateboy* now.. but I think Atari (And Hasbro, but that's Atari property, I think) are the ones you should be looking at.

*Let's just say I have more "issues" with Atari...

@Ebusitanus: If now is the time of first availability in Spain, it probably has been patched to 1.3 (and if not, you can get the patch yourself- though I don't know if it would be available in Spanish.)

Ebusitanus said:
I feel like falling into a void....

Been a long time Paradox supporter...bought this morning without a second thought the Spanish version (just released). I trusted Paradox blindly and being it an old Avalon Hill game I could just not suspect anything wrong. Now I find this....Are you telling me I just threw away 49 Euros for nothing?

Trying to be pragmatic about this...is the Spanish version (just relased) already "patched" to 1.3 or whats the deal?

I´m feeling VERY bad.....
You did not throw your money away, You got the game you paid for, And it has had three patches already.