• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks, I was on a trip from march 26th and april 7th, I only found out today about the new expansion and took me some while to find the previous dev diaries. I'm SUPER EXCITED with the new fortress and siege system.

Reactions:
We don't even know the name of the expansion or what it is about, let alone the release date!

Frankly this instance of DDs is a bit weird as they are patch notes mixed apparently with DLC notes (second DD described some paid content right?) while we still don't know anything about that DLC, not even a title - and it is supposed to be released in the same time as 1.12 patch.

This worries me a bit as I think new patch will be released in like a month, not earlier.

Reactions:
Frankly this instance of DDs is a bit weird as they are patch notes mixed apparently with DLC notes (second DD described some paid content right?) while we still don't know anything about that DLC, not even a title - and it is supposed to be released in the same time as 1.12 patch.

This worries me a bit as I think new patch will be released in like a month, not earlier.
This isn't really a new practice. Most developer diary cycles have been a mix DLC and patch notes...

Reactions:
This isn't really a new practice. Most developer diary cycles have been a mix DLC and patch notes...

Yeah but currently a month passes since we got to know 'there will be new dlc with this patch - look at patch features' and we still don't know the name or even the most general theme of that DLC, we know only random thing, that there will be constitutional mechanics in it (dev diary 2). Previous DD cycles were organised a bit differently ;)

Was a (at least approximate) release date announced already?
Well, let's see... First content DLC (CoP) released Jan 14 2014, next was WoN on May 29, RP on July 16, WoN on Oct 30, and ED on Feb 26 2015. That's ~4m between first and second, ~2m between second and third, ~3m between third and fourth, and ~4m between fourth and fifth. So, it will probably be released between May and June assuming the pattern holds. There's your approximate release date.

Reactions:

Yeah but currently a month passes since we got to know 'there will be new dlc with this patch - look at patch features' and we still don't know the name or even the most general theme of that DLC, we know only random thing, that there will be constitutional mechanics in it (dev diary 2). Previous DD cycles were organised a bit differently ;)
By following the DD's and reading them through, you will understand why they decided to do it in this manner. Rushing them to release the DLC within a month might be something you want them to do, but sorry, this time it won't work. There are only three major extensions per year, so this will at earliest be for Late June-Early July. Johan himself said it would not be releaseed soon, and that it was not going to be a mini-extension. I'm happy that we get more development diaries and more focus on features rather than date speculations, releases and similar things. And we do know the theme of the new DLC, Peacetime mechanics.

Makes sense. And again, better that Paradox takes its time in developing and testing the patch /DLC before releasing it than to rush it.
Agree entirely. This is how I want to see them developing DLC, not bny stessing them out like Krayzen suggests!

Is there an RSS feed for dev blogs like there used to be? Mine's stopped working. I don't check the forum much these days, so I like getting notifications that let me read new content when it's there, without having to dig.
Not sure if there is still one. But these diaries are coming out on thursdays. Next one will likely be out in about 4 hours.

Reactions:
Is there an RSS feed for dev blogs like there used to be? Mine's stopped working. I don't check the forum much these days, so I like getting notifications that let me read new content when it's there, without having to dig.
No, I think not as the "News" page does no longter exist. Although, I think they use the slider on top to annouce dev diaries instead.

Seelmeister, the first link links to a specififc post in the thread, I think linking towards the OP would be more clear, even if it currently is possible to understand and naviguate.

Reactions: