• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nague

First Lieutenant
103 Badges
Aug 14, 2012
  • Cities in Motion
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
commercial demand bug - parks create negative demand?

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/31862455089273465/D2CED53EBDDFDF9CD076724A589D57AC1A9AD268/
whats going on, i have like 4 lvl 1 shops in my town, the game previeous to that had a whole area oflvl 2-3 shops allready at this populatio

and if someone looks at this, why the hell do i need that much industry, they dont even need all those jobs. and its certainly not because my 4 shops need all those supplies.

EDIT:

All leisure buildings create instant negative commercial demand, i do hope this is a bug and not another design shortcut!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i did more tests, every park i build sucks in commercial demand.

So up to a threshhold deleting parks does nothing because my commercial demand is allready zero.
Then after that threshold every park i destroy adds commercial demand, when i rebuild the park the demand goes away again.

Very easy to reproduce.

I doubt parks are supposed to do that.

I can also confirm this bug. I hadn't built any commercial since 10K pop, and I have 30K pop now, with zero commercial demand. I just demolished all parks in my city (I have a lot) and my commercial demand skyrocketed - almost to the top of the bar. Let me know if you need me to upload a save file.

Bug confirmed. I hadn't had any commercial demand from 800 to 8000 pop. I deleted all my parks, and existing commercial immediately started leveling up while the blue bar had demand for the first time in hours. This needs a hotfix!

I'm having the same issue with my city having no commercial demand since early in game. After demolishing all my parks commercial demand did increase. Just to check if it was a specific asset that was causing the bug, I reloaded my save.The second time I noticed that commercial demand didn't actually increase immediately from having no parks but it seems like having a lower land value and lower level residential buildings might be cause of commercial demand increasing.

Having the same issue here.
And this one is kind of game-breaking, cause you have to choose between land value or comercial zones.
No Central Park and Fifth Avenue close together in this game, i suppose...

Wierd though, yesterday it was working just fine!

This explains a thing or two in my town. Not hade any demand from 30k to 55k. First I thought it hade todo with me adding commercial policies.

It certainly sounds like a bug!

We need hotfix, currently in my game I have 0 commercial demand and %80 industrial demand while all of my industrial area slowly getting abandoned due to lack of enough commercial area. I don't want to delete all parks in my city.

this explains why my city of 150k people has such a low amount of commercial
If you zone areas to commercial even without a demand it will fill slowly

someone figure out whats going on, its parks visitor space being added to commercial visitor space and then the game things the shops are empty because the visitor space compared to visitors is too great.

Ok, this is indeed wierd!
I'm having this problems on my second and third city, but not in my first one! In it, i have plenty of parks, unique buildings, etc, and the C demand is still pretty high!
On third city, however, just one small parlk is enough to bring C demand all the way down!
How's that possible?

+1

Game speed set to 3 I can bulldoze a park and actually see demand go up, plop it pack down and see demand go back down.

Kind of ironic that SC2013 had a similar thing going at release -- parks were a failsafe for problems with commercial zones and were satisfying shopping needs. I'm guessing this is also working as designed.

Also have this issue! My city only ever needs industrial and residential, commercial is very VERY rare, and when it appears, it only requires 1-2 buildings before it's back to zero. I have not tested whether or not parks are the issue, I will test now.

Edit: Confirmed. As soon as I deleted my last park, my commercial area (which had been stagnant for an absurdly long time) immediately began to build.