• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It would be ignored.

So if I want to ensure that the soldiers are placed *somewhere* I have to be generouse with the area I chose because limiting it to small an area will negate the command.
Was there a reason to make it be ignored in that case as opposed to be placed in the nearest available province like for leaders?

So if I want to ensure that the soldiers are placed *somewhere* I have to be generouse with the area I chose because limiting it to small an area will negate the command.
Was there a reason to make it be ignored in that case as opposed to be placed in the nearest available province like for leaders?
The reason is that if for instance you want every British province on the American coast to revolt, you can just spam "type = revolt which = -1133" and not worry about spawning revolts in the mother country. What we *really* need is an EU3-like "any_province = { limit = { <trigger> } <commands> }", but that's not going to happen.

where are the rebels strength adjustments and is there commands to alter these while playing via a command?

The reason is that if for instance you want every British province on the American coast to revolt, you can just spam "type = revolt which = -1133" and not worry about spawning revolts in the mother country. What we *really* need is an EU3-like "any_province = { limit = { <trigger> } <commands> }", but that's not going to happen.

When I asked ThirdAngel to add a remark to the list that warns to use a too specific region because it might result in commands be ignored he asked:

ThirdAngel said:
Hi, will do, but what about placing soldiers in a single province, like before, will this be ignored too when the province is not owned?

The infantry command is one of the few that does not require the event receiver to own the province. Infantry with a randomized target will still appear only in controlled provinces (and won't appear at all if there is no valid target in the "where" or "-1XXX" specified area), but infantry with a specific target will appear in that province (unless it's an ocean or something).

Post #4 edited according to my understanding of MichaelM's answer, hope I got it right.

Although I am not scripting for FtG at the moment, I can edit my posts as long as there is interest in them. But I will only do it on request because I am no longer following development as I used to.

Today I was playing with random events, decided to enhance that crap Devastating Fire event. And it works nicely! But well, I have noticed something.

Code:
	event = {
	id = 94356 
	name = "Devastating Fire!"
	desc = "Due to lack of any effective firefighting techniques and frequent use of wood as building materials, sizable cities were often prone to outbreak of great fires. One of most famous fires of epoque was Great Fire of London from 1666 - overall it consumed 13,200 houses, 87 parish churches, St. Paul's Cathedral, most of the buildings of the City authorities and destroyed the homes of 70,000 of the City's 80,000 inhabitants. Unfortunately, one of our biggest cities indeed fell prey to a massive fire recently.."

action = {
		name = "Rebuild the city!"	
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = -3 }
		command = { type = populationpercent which = -3 value = -5 }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = fortress which = -3 value = -1 }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = bailiff }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = courthouse }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = cityrights }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = shipyard }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = barrack }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losemanufactory which = -3 value = -1 }
	    command = { type = treasury value = -300 }
	}
	action = {
		name = "Rebuild the city!"	
		command = { type = provincetax which = -3 value = -1 }
		command = { type = populationpercent which = -3 value = -5 }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = fortress which = -3 value = -1 }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = bailiff }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = courthouse }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = cityrights }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = shipyard }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = barrack }
		command = { trigger = { random = 50 } type = losemanufactory which = -3 value = -1 }
		command = { type = inflation value = 3 }
	}	
	action = {
		name = "Unfortunately city has to do something on its own..."
		command = { type = provincetax which = -3 value = -3 }
		command = { type = populationpercent which = -3 value = -10 }
		command = { trigger = { random = 90 } type = fortress which = -3 value = -1 }
		command = { trigger = { random = 90 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = bailiff }
		command = { trigger = { random = 90 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = courthouse }
		command = { trigger = { random = 90 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = cityrights }
		command = { trigger = { random = 90 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = shipyard }
		command = { trigger = { random = 90 } type = losebuilding which = -3 value = barrack }
		command = { trigger = { random = 90 } type = losemanufactory which = -3 value = -1 }
	}
}

Apparently you can use "random" trigger to make actions pop up randomly. However, there's the catch: it seems that random = x used in actions affects not only whether action pops up, but also whether it works!

Before that I had randoms set to 10 in last action and 20 for manufactory - and even if any "Lose x in y" commands popped up, they rarely did their stuff and destroyed building they were meant to.

So that 20% affects not only whether command is selected via event, but also if it takes effect. Screenshot to prove it:

nmqX2Kc.png

Now, if it's possible, maybe this could be twisted to our advantage? Well, it all depends on Michael obviously, he might not have enough time to do that or engine might not allow it.

However, if using random = x in action could make it show up every time and change tooltip to sth like: "90% chance that <ACTION> will happen", in this case "90% chance that lose manufactory in Barrois will happen". Something like in CK2, hell even in CK1, that could help a lot with events ;)

Either way, if that won't happen, I'd simply like to let everyone know what I've found out today, as that's certainly something new(?) ;).

Well, I keep on looking at the map in the game by commands columbus and pappenheim .

Commands and triggers list latest from 09.2017 (updated):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzpa7hzyksjb5km/Commands+and+triggers+list+(FTG+1.3).odt

Which command is real ?

Code:
command = { type = cedeprovince which = aaa value = x }
Cedes province x to country aaa; value = -1 will cede a random province.

Or command = { type = cede_province which = aaa value = x } ???
Currently both commands are broken.

Additionally new commands from changelog - what is difference:

Code:
vassal = { country = aaa country = bbb }
Checks if country bbb is a vassal of aaa.

vassal = TAG
???

Code:
union = { country = aaa country = bbb }
Checks if country aaa is in a personnal union with country bbb.

union = TAG
???

Code:
overlord = { }
which shifts the scope of the contained triggers to the receiving country's overlord (with an implicit "isvassal = yes").

overlord = TAG
???

Last edited:
Which command is real ?

Code:
Cedes province x to country aaa; value = -1 will cede a random province.

Or command = { type = cede_province which = aaa value = x } ???
Currently both commands are broken.
cede_province doesn't exist. It's cedeprovince or secedeprovince ("secede province" is bad English so we changed it). I don't know of any bugs with cedeprovince except issue #50 in the community voting list, which didn't make the cut.

Additionally new commands from changelog - what is difference:

Code:
vassal = { country = aaa country = bbb }
Checks if country bbb is a vassal of aaa.

vassal = TAG
???
vassal = { } works for any country. vassal = TAG checks if TAG is a vassal of the country receiving the event.

Code:
union = { country = aaa country = bbb }
Checks if country aaa is in a personnal union with country bbb.

union = TAG
???
Similar to the vassal triggers.

Code:
overlord = { }
which shifts the scope of the contained triggers to the receiving country's overlord (with an implicit "isvassal = yes").

overlord = TAG
???
You can put any triggers you want into the overlord = { } block and they will be checked against the overlord of the currently scoped country. (I'm pretty sure you can nest overlord = { } and TAG = { } blocks inside each other, but I don't think I've tested it specifically.)

overlord = TAG is like vassal = TAG but TAG must be our overlord instead of our vassal.

Strange things happened. Currently everything's working fine.
I can confirm that:
Code:
is only working command ("cede_province" was in changelog, so it's little mislead for me). Thanks for clarification.

Link updated 29.X.2017:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qfsd2czn96i36w9/Commands+and+triggers+list+-+29.10.2017+(FTG+1.3).odt

Cleaned up "grey" spaces in manual - not recognized by the game when copied directly from the manual to the event files
(originally they're copied from the web to LibreOffice). Added "Sample codes" on last page. Currently working fine.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I'm clearly misunderstanding something. There are various events which trigger if the country in question owns or controls a specific province, such as Spain annexing the Aztecs or Russian claims in Siberia. For example:
trigger = {
OR = {
neighbour = SIB
owned = { province = 1580 data = -1 } #Igrim
}
}
random = no
country = RUS

I thought that if I remove the line "country = RUS" then the event would trigger for whatever country I was playing if it satisfied the trigger conditions. However, I seem to get some of these events triggering for me when my country doesn't meet the conditions. How can I make an event trigger for any country if and only if that country satisfies the trigger condition?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm clearly misunderstanding something. There are various events which trigger if the country in question owns or controls a specific province, such as Spain annexing the Aztecs or Russian claims in Siberia. For example:

I thought that if I remove the line "country = RUS" then the event would trigger for whatever country I was playing if it satisfied the trigger conditions. However, I seem to get some of these events triggering for me when my country doesn't meet the conditions. How can I make an event trigger for any country if and only if that country satisfies the trigger condition?

If you remove the country = RUS line then the event will fire not only for you, but for ALL countries once even ONE country fulfills the requirements.

Consider it - regardless if you are Spain or the USA - if *someone* fulfills those requirements the event triggers. For whom? You deleted the country for whom it should fire so it fires for every country...

FtG events need to be either country specific (then you would need one event for each country you want it to fire for, simply copy the old event to the country you are now playing and give it a new ID number) or provincepecific (whoever owns the province receives the event) or persistent (anyone can get the event but you need to sleep it after the first got it because else anyone later can get it again).

If you remove the country = RUS line then the event will fire not only for you, but for ALL countries once even ONE country fulfills the requirements.

Consider it - regardless if you are Spain or the USA - if *someone* fulfills those requirements the event triggers. For whom? You deleted the country for whom it should fire so it fires for every country...

FtG events need to be either country specific (then you would need one event for each country you want it to fire for, simply copy the old event to the country you are now playing and give it a new ID number) or provincepecific (whoever owns the province receives the event) or persistent (anyone can get the event but you need to sleep it after the first got it because else anyone later can get it again).
Ah, that makes sense. Does province specific only apply to the owner of the province, or is there a way to trigger only for the controller of the province?

Ah, that makes sense. Does province specific only apply to the owner of the province, or is there a way to trigger only for the controller of the province?

It fires for the province if the conditions in the event are met - which means you can check for both. For examples look into the folder
\For the Glory\Db\Events
and the file
provincespec.txt
for existing provincespecific events.

e.g. that event fires for the country that controls a certain province, but only if that country is of hindu religion and Portugal exists and event 18062 had been triggered before.
The line "province = 549" makes it provincespecific.

Code:
#(1510-1660) Submission of Goa for Hindu countries
event = {
    id = 338006
    trigger = {
        event = 18062
        control = { province = 549 data = -1 }
        religion = hindu
        exists = POR
    }
    random = no
    province = 549
    name = "EVENTNAME338006" #Portuguese offer
    desc = "EVENTHIST338006"
    #-#The Portuguese commander offers us weapons in exchange for land around the city of Goa to build their trade and military establishment. It would be a smart idea to accept it, in order to deliver a crushing blow to hated Muslims.\n \n If we refuse and Portuguese take control of Goa by force, they may keep it for long...

date = { day = 1 month = february year = 1510 }
    offset = 250
    deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1660 }

action_a = {
        name = "ACTIONNAME338006A" #Accept the offer
        command = { type = cedeprovince which = POR value = 549 } #Goa
        command = { type = relation which = POR value = 50 }
        command = { type = treasury value = 50 }
        command = { type = land value = 1000 }
        command = { type = domestic which = mercantilism value = -1 }
        command = { type = trigger which = 18040 } #POR: The infidel yield to our demands
    }
    action_b = {
        name = "ACTIONNAME338006B" #Refuse the offer and face the consequences
        command = { type = treasury value = 50 }
        command = { type = relation which = POR value = -200 }
        command = { type = domestic which = mercantilism value = 1 }
        command = { type = war which = POR }
        command = { type = trigger which = 18041 } #POR: The infidel refuses our offer
    }
}

It's explained in "Commands and triggers list - 9.10.2020 (FTG 1.3)" in the chapter "Sample codes" - page 17.

Code:
# New 1.3 multi tag events #
event = {
    id = xxxx
    trigger = {
        (...)
        owned = { province = 357 data = -1 } # thrace
        not = { exists = byz }
        or = {
            tag = epi # epirus
            tag = mre # morea
            tag = nic # nicaea
            tag = tre # trebizond
        } #comment: 1 from above countries became a Byzantium when Byzantium don’t exist and country own province 357
    }
(...)
    action_a = {    # we are rome! #
        name = "xxx"
        command = { type = capital which = 357 }
        command = { type = conversion which = 357 }
        command = { type = provinceculture which = 357 value = greek }
        command = { type = addcore_national which = 320 } # byzantium (1419 cores)
        command = { type = country which = byz }
    }
(…)
}

This sample is from ..\FTG\Db\Events\new_events.txt
You may also wish to check the province specific events: ..\FTG\Db\Events\provincespec.txt

Last edited:
Here's a weird one.

Was just playing around with heretic command on vanilla and it actually works fine. Except for Ottomans and Mamluks for some reason. For Ottomans heretic commands converts provinces to Miaphysite, for Mamelukes - to Hussite.

So uh...any ideas? Other Muslim countries I tested were properly flipping to Shia. Very interesting situation.

Here's a weird one.

Was just playing around with heretic command on vanilla and it actually works fine. Except for Ottomans and Mamluks for some reason. For Ottomans heretic commands converts provinces to Miaphysite, for Mamelukes - to Hussite.

So uh...any ideas? Other Muslim countries I tested were properly flipping to Shia. Very interesting situation.
Are you using the latest official release version 1.2 or the latest beta patch 1.3?