• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
how does manpower pool work and how much of the command..... provincemanpower +1 effect the manpower pool ?

Pity, we do not have a manpower trigger if there can be one

thats How I understood it, pity those events which have 360 or more............i saw one with 7000 offset
Well, as I understand it, the offset is used for the first check, so if you want an event to fire in a given year, the 0 january / 29 december / offset 360 is still the best way way to do it.

Well, as I understand it, the offset is used for the first check, so if you want an event to fire in a given year, the 0 january / 29 december / offset 360 is still the best way way to do it.

yes, but bad for a historical game.
I had a historical game where an event was suppose to fire on 1st JAN, but it fired on the 9th of May........offset was 60

list of commands and triggers said:
command = { type = flag which = x }
Sets game flag x to true.
0 = Tordesillas
1 = Reformation
2 = Calvin
3 = Council of Trent
4 = Edict of Tolerance.
5 = French Tricolor
6 = English Union Jack

Flags 4, 5 and 6 are now different as per global_flags.txt and ReligiousEvents.txt in vanilla FTG folders:

The Edict of Tolerance is now 5.

A new flag for "Predominance tolerance" is 4.

A new flag for "More tolerance" is 6.

Is this in vanilla??? That is news to me, I will edit my post as soon as I have had a look at the files.

In FTG vanilla global_flags.txt :

Code:
flag_4 = { #Predominance tolerance
	predominance_tolerance = yes
}

flag_5 = { #Edict of Tolerance
	enable_tot = no
	disable_religion_ai = {
		counterreform
		hussite
	}

}

flag_6 = { #More tolerance
	religious_enemies = {
		sunni = {
			shiite
		}
		shiite = {
			sunni
		}
		pagan = {
			pagan
		}
	}
}

In FTG vanilla ReligiousEvents.txt :

Code:
#########################################################################
#  Predominance tolerance
event = { 

id = 104
	name = "EVENTNAME104"
	desc = "EVENTHIST104"
	date = { year = 1610 }
	offset = 5000
	action_a = {
			name = "OK"
			command = { type = flag which = 4 }
		}

}

#  Edict of Tolerance
event = { 

id = 103
	name = "EVENTNAME302"
	desc = "EVENTHIST302"
	date = { year = 1650 }
	offset = 3000
	action_a = {
			name = "OK"
			command = { type = flag which = 5 }
		}

}

#  More tolerance
event = { 

id = 105
	name = "EVENTNAME105"
	desc = "EVENTHIST105"
	date = { year = 1700 }
	offset = 5000
	action_a = {
			name = "OK"
			command = { type = flag which = 6 }
		}

}

That is what I have understood.

yes, but bad for a historical game.
I had a historical game where an event was suppose to fire on 1st JAN, but it fired on the 9th of May........offset was 60

If you want an event to fire on a specific date then you don´t use an offset but a set date.

Only if the event should happen under certain conditions and the country should have a chance to fulfill those not only on the specific date but later too then an offset is needed.

If you want an event to fire on a specific date then you don´t use an offset but a set date.

Only if the event should happen under certain conditions and the country should have a chance to fulfill those not only on the specific date but later too then an offset is needed.

you mean without a deathdate as well as offset

I prefer all offset ( most) to have 1 , which would still give me some randomness

Is it possible to target colonies in such events?

Code:
#(1615-1620) Colonial Defense
event = {
	id = 3343
	random = no
	country = ENG
	name = "EVENTNAME3343" #Colonial Defense
	desc = "EVENTHIST3343"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1615 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1620 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3343A" #Leave it to the Colonial Militia
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3343B" #Invest in expensive Perimeter Defense
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3346 } #ENG: Native Raids
		command = { type = treasury value = -600 }
		command = { type = fortress which = -4 value = 1 }
	}
}

This event is from AGCEEP. -4 is now used to pick a different province, is it not?

Is it possible to target colonies in such events?

Code:
#(1615-1620) Colonial Defense
event = {
	id = 3343
	random = no
	country = ENG
	name = "EVENTNAME3343" #Colonial Defense
	desc = "EVENTHIST3343"
	#-#

offset = 30

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3343A" #Leave it to the Colonial Militia
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3343B" #Invest in expensive Perimeter Defense
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3346 } #ENG: Native Raids
	}
}

This event is from AGCEEP. -4 is now used to pick a different province, is it not?
The vanilla event in ftg it is already updated:

Code:
#Colonial Defense#
event = {

id = 3343
	random = no
	country = ENG
	name = "EVENTNAME3343"
	desc = "EVENTHIST3343"

offset = 30

action_a ={			#Leave it to the Colonial Militia#
		name = "ACTIONNAME3343A"
	}

action_b ={			#Invest in expensive Perimeter Defense#
		name = "ACTIONNAME3343B"
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3346 }
		command = { type = fortress which = -1016 value = 1 } #North America
		command = { type = fortress which = -1016 value = 1 } #North America
	}
}
About the agceep event, version 1.57 was correct, version 1.58+ has still this bug as ported from eu2 agceep.

That's why I have posted some bugfixes in the agceep forum using the commands we now have available. See here and here. ;-)

EDIT: -4016 for the second fortress command would be preferable. I hope it'll be implemented in the coming patch!

Last edited:
with the tag trigger shown to work and since no country, province or random is required, what use is this trigger , I know we can have multiple TAGs

can it be used like this as an example -

relgion = catholic
tag = SPA
tag = FRA
tag = TEU
tag = SWE
tag = BYZ

I assume it will fire for any of these tags as long as the other trigger is met

command = { type = provincetax which = x value = y }
Modifies the province tax in province x with y. Be aware that the province tax also affects the supply value of the province.

What does it mean considering following lines from DOK mod?

Code:
		command = { type = provincetax which = 502 value = 1 } #Capua
		command = { type = population which = 502 value = 250 } #Capua

That Capua province gets +1 BTV and +250 pupulation or that Capua province will have 1 as BTV and 250 as current pupulation? :blink:

command = { type = provinceculture which = x value = culture_name }
Changes the province culture in province x.
Would this work even for provinces not owned by the country receiving the event?

I would like to add it in PV mod to the event HEL_20307 for HEL core provinces together with the country culture change. From alemannic to swiss.

Would this work even for provinces not owned by the country receiving the event?

I would like to add it in PV mod to the event HEL_20307 for HEL core provinces together with the country culture change. From alemannic to swiss.

Switzerland should have the 13 cantons event and raise the tax in a province they don´t even own for some other state who owns it?
Makes no sense to me.

As far as I know the command does not work on provinces owned by someone else.
It´s similar to the change of religioin where the new alt command was introduced for that:

"command = { type = alt_provincereligion which = x value = religion_name }
Changes the province religion in province x. This will work even if the province is not owned by the country receiving the event, and even if not owned by any country."

Switzerland should have the 13 cantons event and raise the tax in a province they don´t even own for some other state who owns it?
Makes no sense to me.
Where have you seen taxes? I am talking about change of culture not about raising taxes. Probably you have read my previous post about Capua which dealt with taxes...

The 13 cantons event seems to be the most indicated to change country and province culture from alemannic to swiss in PV mod. So that's why I have asked if you need to have the province in order to change its culture...

Of course, there can be a dedicated event too.

Is your answer confirmed in this case?

Last edited:

No, it wouldn't. The province culture change command wouldn't even appear in the event effects.

No, it wouldn't. The province culture change command wouldn't even appear in the event effects.
So we have an issue with Swiss culture if Switzerland doesn't own its cores when the event or any event fires. In case we would need an event for each province when owned by Switzerland or 20307 will trigger province specific events with culture change, no matter who is the current owner...

I don't think "Swiss" provinces should change to Swiss if not owned by Switzerland. After all, Swiss is a national culture, denoting the multilinguistic inhabitants of the Swiss confederacy. The best solution is to have events for each province when owned by Switzerland, perhaps even for surrounding provinces that the Swiss could conquer (e.g. Breisgau, Tyrol, Trent).

I have removed the colour codes because I felt that a notification of the changes from EU2 had become rather useless. Everyone here should now be well aware of them, and new people when they come by will not have heard of EU2 anyway.

I intend of course to reintroduce colour codes to highlight the new commands and triggers added with 1.3, whenever it comes out. :glare: