• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mad Mac

Sergeant
37 Badges
Jan 10, 2003
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
Before I even begin, I apologize for being slightly behind the times. I came across the C.O.R.E thread and would like to know what this represents and what the overall aim is going to be. I've been playing HOI for about 1 and 1/2 months now and would like to become more in tune with what the gaming community has going. So if anyone could offer a little insight to what is going on, I'd appreciate it.

Well, Pirateiam is the man with the vision and I am just a code slave but here goes my take on it: C.O.R.E. is a community project to create a flexible mod for the game, allowing each player to easily load/unload community-written events and other mods to the game, with the overall aim of providing the best possible game experience for everybody :D

In other words, expand on the foundation that Paradox has given us and make this game rock even more! :D :D :D

Originally posted by Steel
Well, Pirateiam is the man with the vision and I am just a code slave but here goes my take on it: C.O.R.E. is a community project to create a flexible mod for the game, allowing each player to easily load/unload community-written events and other mods to the game, with the overall aim of providing the best possible game experience for everybody :D

In other words, expand on the foundation that Paradox has given us and make this game rock even more! :D :D :D

Well Steel I could not have said it better. The only thing I would add is that:

What I envision this mod to be like is a compilation of all mods (those that allow us to use their mods of course) and large amounts of community input. The biggest hurdle that we must overcome in being succesful in this project is the agreement of individuals to incorporate into this MOD different ideas. How I propose getting over this is creating an install program that has user choice selection of what things they wish to install. An example would be Historical events or Un-historical events. The user would check a box on wether to install these events or not. I call this the "moddable mod".

This is a open community so anything created within this project is free to be used in other mods (Free Exchange) as long as the individual who wrote the mod is credited. The other important point is that it maybe my vision but this is community run. There will be no single dictating of ideas. If we have issues on something, we will set up polls to vote on it. I trust that must isssues can be worked out and this does not bog things down.

Welcome to the community. Dig in and have fun! :)