Coming October 24 2023 I Pre-Order Now I Cities: Skylines II

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi. Stupid question: I never played the game yet. Shall I wait this new release, or is the existing game good enough? How would you suggest me to start for catching up?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi. Stupid question: I never played the game yet. Shall I wait this new release, or is the existing game good enough? How would you suggest me to start for catching up?
Wait for the new game release :)
You will get the game how it should have been done in the first place :)
And a lot more :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Just to give you a better inlook - I just found this video (amongst a few more) with current gamer's PC specs (around 6th minute into the video)
and this looks even better:

there is more if you search for "cities skylines 2" on youtube and get those that refer to new game or gameplay and last around 30 minutes (that's the requirement imposed by CO) - these are youtubers who played and posted their gameplay videos for CS1 and were good with it, and they got an early access to showcase the game.

And for more questions go to Cities Skylines 2 forum :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
When CS2 workshop available?

I don't want only the game itself to be played on October 25, I want to see more assets and mods, I need the building like cs1 Workshop, I need the subway and train stations in various shapes like cs1 Workshop!

Please open cs2's creative workshop as soon as possible, we really need it !

We need CS2 workshop.
Workshop will bring a qualitative leap forward to City Skyline 2, open it as soon as possible as early Plz !

• 1Like
Reactions:
When CS2 workshop available?

I don't want only the game itself to be played on October 25, I want to see more assets and mods, I need the building like cs1 Workshop, I need the subway and train stations in various shapes like cs1 Workshop!

Please open cs2's creative workshop as soon as possible, we really need it !

We need CS2 workshop.
Workshop will bring a qualitative leap forward to City Skyline 2, open it as soon as possible as early Plz !
Needy you are, aren't you?
I assume it's more of the joke that statement, than anything else.... but just in case:

You will have to wait at least another 1 or 2 years after the game release, before there will be much of the choice on the workshop.
And no, no one is gonna make any assets for the workshop when they don't have the game, because they need the game to have the assets uploaded in it.

It's not Amazon here and nothing will be instant.

Needy you are, aren't you?
I assume it's more of the joke that statement, than anything else.... but just in case:

You will have to wait at least another 1 or 2 years after the game release, before there will be much of the choice on the workshop.
And no, no one is gonna make any assets for the workshop when they don't have the game, because they need the game to have the assets uploaded in it.

It's not Amazon here and nothing will be instant.
Your replay so funny ,Isn't it?I'm also an asset author for City Skyline 1, and I've had hundreds of thousands of subscriptions to my mods and assets and maps in cs1. and I just wanted to ask paradox when it's going to open the workshop, could it early or late. which is very important to the experience and the author.

What did I say that offended you? For author like me, we need to figure out the differences between cs1 and cs2 asset making, we need to try to make bug-free mods and assets, we need to use 3dsmax and photoshop to remake cs1's old assets, so that more players have rich content to play with, is that wrong? What you mean? What you "It's not Amazon here"' mean? I made so many assets on steam workshop for players to subscribe to, and I never received a penny from you or paradox.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What time (CET) will CS2 be released on Steam?
Will be a preload available on steam?
Most releases are happening between 15:00 and 18:00.
I doubt that there is any preload.
I would like to know when the physical editions are coming out. Would like to have them pre ordered.
Why do people want to buy an empty box where there is only a steam key inside?

Most releases are happening between 15:00 and 18:00.
I doubt that there is any preload.

Why do people want to buy an empty box where there is only a steam key inside?
I'd like to know then what's gonna be in that box. If it's fresh Finnish air then it should be worth it

Please post questions about CSL 2 in that game's forum! You have a far better chance of a good response there.