• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nick2412

Recruit
Sep 2, 2017
Have come across this about 3-4 times now(although has been 20 hrs so thats not a bad ratio). Has not been too big of an issue the first few times I encountered it as was in a small map in the wilds, so just reloaded. However, just had it happen again near the end of a dungeon after cleaning it out and last save was the autosave in entering...doh. A bit frustrating. I am not sure exactly what is causing it as it seems random being i was doing different things each time. Unfortunately this means i cant leave the map as it still thinks im in combat and i cant save and reload as it thinks im in combat. On PS4. forgot to put in title again :p

Upvote 0
Had this same problem last night on the PS4 version in the Temple of Eothas dungeon. Had to kill my party off before re-loading as no way to get out of combat mode.

Yes we are trying to reproduce this in-house but no luck so far=(
So if anyone have the possibility of recording and uploading a video where this issue happen (from the start of the combat) would go a long way to help us solving this issue.

Yes we are trying to reproduce this in-house but no luck so far=(
So if anyone have the possibility of recording and uploading a video where this issue happen (from the start of the combat) would go a long way to help us solving this issue.
I don't have a video (yet) but can add a bit more detail on when it happened to me. In the Temple of Eothas I went into the large room on the entrance floor with the spiders (middle of map, long room with steps to an alter/statue) and engaged in combat. One of my party was knocked out by the spiders before I defeated them. After killing the final spider combat didn't end and the knocked out player wasn't revived. I wandered about a bit to see if I had missed an active enemy but nothing. The alter also didn't react when I went to it as it does in non-combat mode. At a loss I explored a bit more got in another fight and died. Re-load back to same area, killed spiders and it worked fine.

We have manage to reproduce one scenario where this happens namely Killing a unit the moment it gets mind controlled or confused ex Cipher casting Tenuous Grasp and a wizard blasting it Minoletta`s minor missiles at the same time killing it.

So any spell or ability that either confuses or mind-control abilities could be causing this.
So try avoid using these abilities should reduce the number of stuck in combat moments.

For Cipher Tenuous Grasp and
Mind Plague

For Wizard Spells Bewildering Spectacle and
Confusion

Encountering the same bug (thought it was patched??????) for Xbox one, Complete Edition. Duplicated when enemy OR party member is mind-controlled/charmed and dies, then endless combat session. Bear for main PC Ranger is stuck also.