• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi, so in this pack I will find pictures for ministers from Ukraine and U87?

@Pioniere: yes

v46 is out! grab it here http://www.filefactory.com/file/2ko48r10pqqd/COLOUR_v46.rar

There is an important fix for GER, the image of general Tolsdorff was wrong and is fixed now.
Most images are for FRA and ROM, IIRC.

ills for

ENG, FRA, USA, JAP, ITA, SOV, MON, MEN, MAN, YEM, VIC, BUL, LIT, ETH, POL, ROM, HUN, SAF, CAN, AST, NZL, IND, CRO, YUG and maybe more which i forgot (?)

same goes for the TTs, cant remember all, but new suggestions like the JAP RIKEN institute https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIKEN

Thank you very much for that great "French Special" and all your great work over the years!

My main computer is currently out of order (hard drive kaputt) but I'll test the new files and pics as soon it's repaired.
Btw using the old Armaggedon editor I spotted a double with french general Georges Barré: #24208 (old pic) and #24188 (new pic);

the new pics for admiral Abrial and general Bertin-Boussu are much better too!

New general suggested to replace double general Barré: general Maxime Germain; colonial artillery; vichy too. Pic on that ATF40 forum thread: http://atf40.forumculture.net/t9659-general-germain (I remember I sent you once a pic with two generals named "généraux Germain & Baudoin" but we couldn't identify them at the time...)

Kenese_Valdemár_colour_hun pic is JPEG!

Last edited:
@Pioniere: yes

v46 is out! grab it here http://www.filefactory.com/file/2ko48r10pqqd/COLOUR_v46.rar

There is an important fix for GER, the image of general Tolsdorff was wrong and is fixed now.
Most images are for FRA and ROM, IIRC.

ills for

ENG, FRA, USA, JAP, ITA, SOV, MON, MEN, MAN, YEM, VIC, BUL, LIT, ETH, POL, ROM, HUN, SAF, CAN, AST, NZL, IND, CRO, YUG and maybe more which i forgot (?)

same goes for the TTs, cant remember all, but new suggestions like the JAP RIKEN institute https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIKEN

How does one download from file factory? It doesn't download automatically or have the option to download. Thanks.

Hi Bestmajor,

Glad to read a new preview, so much time since the latest that I thought once you were over with that great project of yours...fortunately not as I can see! I just bought HOI IV but thanks to you I know I'll still play from time to time my old Pact of Steel game...

Found two new french generals to be added:
LTG Paul Gérodias: pic on the ATF 40 forum here; vichy too; commando trait.
MG Paul Barbé: pic on the Musée des Etoiles site here; KIA 1940.

hi could you please upload some HoI4 leaderpics? or maybe a template if availabale? I'm curious to see these things.

thx for links.

Well i made a small update for v47.
Download it here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/5z5vnkzqf4en/COLOUR_v47_b.rar

The actual reason was that i missed to include the updated vichy event.
BUT quite a few new images made it in the package, so even for those who downloaded v47 already v47_b is worth checking out.

current (rough) bodycount (only nations with 40 images + X):

MAJORS:
GERMANY - 1800 pics
SOVIET UNION - 900 pics
USA - 800 pics
GREAT BRITAIN - 650 pics
JAPAN - 600 pics
FRANCE - 500 pics
ITALY - 480 pics
CHINA - 300 pics

MINORS:
ROMANIA - 190 pics
AUSTRALIA - 150 pics
HUNGARY - 130 pics
POLAND - 130 pics
CANADA - 90 pics
BRAZIL - 70 pics
FINNLAND - 70 pics
BULGARIA - 60 pics
NEW ZEALAND - 60 pics
U87/NANJING CHINA - 50 pics
YUGOSLAVIA - 50 pics
CZECHOSLOVAKIA - 50 pics
NETHELANDS - 50 pics
BELGIUM - 50 pics
COMMUNIST CHINA - 40 pics
SWEDEN - 40 pics

This project will hopefully reach 10.000 colourized images.
HoI4 has less than 400.

Last edited:
Dear bestmajor, saying thank you just doesn't seem like enough when what somebody does is so awesome!!!! Thanks to modders and history fans like you and other contributors is that we can enjoy again and again this kind of remarkable Paradox games. Therefore, one more time: THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your time, for the dedication, the research discipline and the shared passion.

The pictures, the screenshots and the deepness of this graphical improvement look simply amazing :eek::p

Also taking advantage of these gratitude lines is that I want to ask you for the following little favor:

Could you explain to a << game-modifications-quasi-ignorant >> like myself, please, how I need to proceed in order to install / use this picture kit? Over which versions of HoI2 games can I use it? AoD, DH, Iron Cross, others? I see also in this forum that you have another set (the Historical Leaders Modification), can I combine both downloads?? Any other relevant aspect we need to take into consideration installing this resource package in order to avoid errors or similar during the game?

In advance thank you once again for all your assistance, bestmajor & colleagues, and best regards :);)

Hi and thanks for the flowers. Doesnt hqappen too often :D.

OK, compatible with what?
-> every game which uses the .csv files of HoI2, that means AoD (tested and i use the images with AoD) and HoI2 Arma should work as well.
It will definately NOT work with DH, since DH changed all lists.

How do you install this?
This is a bit complicated if you have never done this, but absolutely nothing impossible.

Let us start with a small country like Australia.

1st: Open your game folder and save the two .csv files for Australia (abbreviation: AST) somewhere. Just in case something does not work.
You will find those at AoD/db/leaders/australia.csv AND AoD/db/ministers/ministers_ast.csv. Save those two.

2nd: Now you replace those two files with the ones i wrote. You will find both .csv files at colour_v47b/z - AoD/db/leaders/australia.csv AND colour_v47b/z - AoD/db/ministers/ministers_ast.csv. (click YES when asked to overwrite)

3rd: You take all colour images for leaders and ministers from colour_v47b/z - AoD/AST and copy them into the AoD/gfx/interface/pics

4th: You take all colour images for the units from colour_v47b/z - AoD/AST/models and copy them into AoD/gfx/interface/models

5th: load your game as Australia and check if everything is OK (1st load will last a bit longer than usual).

6th: If sth does not work all you need to do is insert the saved .csv files (see No 1).

You can repeat this with all countries, just Germany (GER), France (FRA) and the Soviet Union (SOV) are a bit more complicated since there is another file affected. I'll post this next week.

At first it lloks complicated, but its actually very simple once you understood it.

Reactions:
Thank you once again, bestmajor. You are my Hero!!!! :D;)

I will follow your instructions and I will try with one of the small countries, and I hope I will be also able to do it later (with Germany, for example), once you post the additional requirements for these other major countries.

I wish you a happy and productive week :rolleyes:

Hi all,

it's rather obvious that i stopped modding since last year. Now since there are thousands of hours in my leaders projects i want to share all the stuff i produced for my favorite game series. Fell free to use everything in your mods if you like.

Everybody who wants can use, rename, retag or do whatever he/she/it wants with my mods - as long as it stays anti-racist, anti-revisionist, anti-fascist and non-commercial and integrate my stuff in their mods. I used to be very restrictive and sometimes silly in the past, sorry for that.
A mention / aknowledgement is expected and would be nice.

Be aware that integrating my images in a vanilla database is impossible since i created my own database. This especially true for the Soviet Union.

The .csvs contain thousands of footnotes about changes, name corrections, etc.
In case you need a certain source image post here and i'll upload this one. I still have a couple of gigabites on my HD (source images, coloured images, etc - sorted by country).

Please post all questions in my threads and do not send PMs.

best regards,
bm