• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Soldier of Fortune

Private
8 Badges
Apr 26, 2017
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
I'm pretty sure this is not wanted i found out that if i colonized a region in germany with my belgium country and sent at least 4 of my main kultur people in that too that i can just colonize the next and then i move them over to new colonized and can colonize next and so on it just is a matter of money i could colonize so 20 new regions even in "Pause - Modus" then over next years i only had to keep waiting for new money an continue this there seems to be no end.
So i guess this sent people over to a new region need to be limited to time its bad that you can settle whole unsettled germany in just 1 day for example with 4 of your people moving over from one to next region and ongoing.

Otherwise have nice day game is great i have fun.

Reactions:
I'm pretty sure this is not wanted i found out that if i colonized a region in germany with my belgium country and sent at least 4 of my main kultur people in that too that i can just colonize the next and then i move them over to new colonized and can colonize next and so on it just is a matter of money i could colonize so 20 new regions even in "Pause - Modus" then over next years i only had to keep waiting for new money an continue this there seems to be no end.
So i guess this sent people over to a new region need to be limited to time its bad that you can settle whole unsettled germany in just 1 day for example with 4 of your people moving over from one to next region and ongoing.

Otherwise have nice day game is great i have fun.
Yes, that's exactly the reason why the colonization feature in the hands of a human player is almost as broken as migration with a migrating tribe. Technically it is probably not even a bug, rather an oversight / unfinished design - but I fully agree that it doesn't feel right and is far too powerful, because it allows the human player easy snowballing when being close to the vast uncolonized lands in northern Europe (AI does not use this method; it will restrict itself to occasional colonization of an adjacent territory and then waits until cooldown have passed and natural pop growth/assimilation/conversion have built the foundation for the next move)

Reactions:
Yes, that's exactly the reason why the colonization feature in the hands of a human player is almost as broken as migration with a migrating tribe. Technically it is probably not even a bug, rather an oversight / unfinished design - but I fully agree that it doesn't feel right and is far too powerful, because it allows the human player easy snowballing when being close to the vast uncolonized lands in northern Europe (AI does not use this method; it will restrict itself to occasional colonization of an adjacent territory and then waits until cooldown have passed and natural pop growth/assimilation/conversion have built the foundation for the next move)
You do need a non-slave pop to colonise, which is not always there.

Reactions:
You do need a non-slave pop to colonise, which is not always there.
That restriction prevents this exploit only for Republics and Monarchies - as Tribe you are free to move Tribesmen and as soon as you have the pops to colonize on territory, it only depends on having some Gold around to instantly get the next by moving pops. And the Gold cost is a diminishing barrier, as with each new territory your income grows.

I don't believe this is a bug. But, I do believe the mechanic needs some work. Its far-too-easy to simply "colonize" massive chunks of the map once you have a border with unowned lands if you're a human player.

I'm much less concerned with tribes mechanics here since they can simply use tribal migration stacks of light infantry to take huge portions with an entirely separate mechanic. But, perhaps both need some work.

Perhaps the colony-launching province should have a certain minimum civilization rating like in EU:Rome (its been a long time but I'm 95% sure that was the limiter there) or something else to slow empty-space blobbing.

Reactions: