• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have the the problem finding out where to get a colonist. I'm very new with EU4.
It shows on the top of the screen that I have two colonists but when I click on the picture of the colonist at the top nothing happens.
Where do I find the two colonists that have been created already?

I've looked all over but can't find the screen that has the colonists.

Thanks.

I have the the problem finding out where to get a colonist. I'm very new with EU4.
It shows on the top of the screen that I have two colonists but when I click on the picture of the colonist at the top nothing happens.

Thanks.
This is the EU3 forum, whereas this question should be asked in the EU4 forum. It's a very common mistake. :)

Thanks.

Are you talking about EU3 or EU4? You posted in the EU3 forum,but you talked about EU4. In EU3 you get colonist from coastal COTs, religion, and ideas these are some ways of getting colonists. In EU4 AFAIK you mainly get them from the ideas you pick or your country ideas.

EDIT: @eon47 you ninja'd me lol

I only know EU3 but it is probably the same in EU4. I tried to click the colonist, merchant, etc when I first started the game. The icons are just to show how many you have.

To actually use the colonist, you have to either have unclaimed land within range and send the colonist there or have a colony and make the province decision to assimilate the colony. You also need a colonist when you hire either an explorer or a conquistador. When you use one colonist for any of these purposes, that one disappears from the icon at the top.