• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Darkcrystal

Recruit
14 Badges
Oct 20, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
I can't play my game anymore because all of my colonist can't move or do anything anymore. It was ok last night since the game was working fine but now they are all stuck in place running and not going anywhere. They are all also slowly dying of exhaustion or starvation and there's nothing I can do to fix it. This also apparently happens with any new game I create as they will stand around where they spawn and won't build or gather. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it's still the same.

Is anyone else having this issue? I've seen a few people get stuck in place when I was playing last night but not to the extent of everyone getting stuck.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    5,1 MB · Views: 242
I just got this game yesterday. Sadly, I am STILL receiving the same bugs as what was supposedly fixed. Yikes. I hope this gets fixed up soon, otherwise I literally cannot play with all of my coloners stuck in one spot...

Would it be possible to get a save game where the issues happen, that would help a lot on fixing this issue. Thanks!

Edit: Also log files from %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\output_log.txt would be extremely helpful to solve this case.

Last edited:
I found a solution to colonists being stuck in all games by deleting all save files from C:\Users\USER\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Surviving the Aftermath\SaveGames

So definitely a problem with save files?

At least you can start again and play the game.

Edit: If i put back in my old (deleted) save file with the stuck workers into a clean save directory it seems the colonists are moving again but the FPS is still close to 1.

Would it be possible to get a save game where the issues happen, that would help a lot on fixing this issue. Thanks!

Edit: Also log files from %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\output_log.txt would be extremely helpful to solve this case.

Adam here is stuck in the cookhouse and is both infected and exhausted. Also his traits are apparently bugged.

From the logfile.

>Template Authoritarian has missing/null trait effects

Attachments

• 2019-10-24_20-54-27.save
    325,7 KB · Views: 11
  • output_log.txt
    6,5 KB · Views: 53
I found a solution to colonists being stuck in all games by deleting all save files from C:\Users\USER\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Surviving the Aftermath\SaveGames

So definitely a problem with save files?

At least you can start again and play the game.

Edit: If i put back in my old (deleted) save file with the stuck workers into a clean save directory it seems the colonists are moving again but the FPS is still close to 1.

Can you explain in detail how you do it?
1. I move my save to the desktop
2. The savegame folder stays clean without any files
3. I start a new game and save at the beginning.
4. I quit the game and move the main saved game from the desktop to the savegame folder.
5. When loading the game my settlers still do not move.
What did you do to make it work?

Hello. I also have my colonists stuck running in place, Plus, my RAM is exploding and FPS drops to 1 per 5 seconds. It happened really unexpectedly. Here is my safe file.

Attachments

• Quick-Save.save
    254 KB · Views: 7
Another frame drop on another save file. (I reloaded earlier one and started from there). This one is with frame drop, but colonists seem to move.

Attachments

• Quick-Save.save
    249,8 KB · Views: 6