• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bombax1864

Recruit
24 Badges
Sep 19, 2018
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hi guys

I am playing IN.
In my current game, I play as Genoa. I moved my capital to NA and control all of the US and Mexico. The only other power in NA is Great Britain. For about 10 years or so, we are at war. I occupied all their provinces in NA and middle America and all their Caribbean Islands. in total it is 35 provinces. The war score is 32% in my favor. Great Britain has cores on almost all these provinces. And I have been holding them for years.
However, the war exhaustion of Great Britain does simply not go up. It always stays between 6 and 8 and they are not willing to sign peace, although I control those provinces for years!

Is the only way to beat them to actually conquer their mainland??

Best

If you think that's bad, I had one game where Aquileia got in a war again Austria and myself. Austria and I each occupied 2 provinces (100% war score), and they would not settle for ANY terms beyond White Peace as long as they still had a fleet. Since neither Austria (landlocked) nor myself (Hungary, with a Naval Force Limit of 2) had anywhere near enough ships to take them on, it dragged out for years until I amassed enough cash to build a large fleet and maintain it just long enough to break Aquileia's fleet, at which point they submitted to all terms up to 100% war score.

The UK will almost inevitably require occupying at least a few provinces on their home island, and possibly reducing their fleet a little as well....I've already had to occupy 100% of their home island and destroy one or two fleets to force a PU in one game. Good luck.