• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Greven

ONANDAGA [91] dF 1651, dE 1685 – No Settlement. US 1782. The French colonynames file places Fort Niagara here, fort Niagara was in Niagara and French power did not extend to here (though they destroyed the native town of Onandaga in 1696 no-one settled this region - so, in game terms the Iroquois were never territorially defeated but became ‘vassals’ of the French.

Actually Fort Niagara is in Onanadaga province and not in Niagara. It is on the east side of the Niagara river in present day New York state. It was established in 1679 as a trading post named Fort Conti by de LaSalle. Although the French never settled the area, when the British took control of the Fort in 1759 they started settling the area. By the time of the American Revolution the area had several settlements. Settlers from the region fought for the British in units such as Butlers Rangers and the Royal Regiment of New York. After the war they settled on the British side which in EU is the province of Niagara, which had also been settled by the British. Fort Niagara and the surrounding area were not actually handed over to the United States until Jay's treaty in 1796 in return for the United States promising to pay compensation to the Loyalists for having taken all their property and possessions. Of course the United States never lived up to their end of the bargain, so really we still own Fort Niagara.

Sweden only had one colony=(

I was checking portuguese colonies , and i think most are accurate.I'll make my own research.:)

Canadian Region

This Specifically addresses the James bay area which is the southern bowl of Hudsons Bay.

Nueltin: was not discovered in 1582. Hudson Bay Discovered only in 1610. This should be Kinusheo or Lakitusaki
Nueltin area is actually far into PTI.
So is Port Churchill, Port Nelson,
Winisk: area is into PTI as well though moose factory would be good name for post. Could be called Moose or Missinaibi
Esquimalt: is 2000 miles away on Vancouver Island.This should actually be Attawapiskat. Though Fort Albany is Correct .
Athabasca River is 1000 miles away into PTI west.This should be Attawapiskat river.
Attawapiskat: should be called Missicabi, Fort Rupert is a good name or Rupert House as its trading name once was.
If someone can actually edit the map you could include alot of the real fur trading areas which was established in 1670 by the explorer Buttons ( Hudsons Bay Company ) almost all of which is still in PTI
including some settlements such as Selkirk that was estblished by Lord Selkirk to give to the highlanders who were thrown off their lands by their nobles to sell wool to the English.
I have heard that this is quite impossible though.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cunctator
Belated thanks to Greven :)

And that is a play on your name?:D

[edit::eek: Maybe I should have that name, reawakening a three months dead thread.:rolleyes: ]

I have some info about Norway, were there are some mistakes:

Vestfold Should be Vestlandet, since vestfold in reality just is a tiny part of Norway, in the province Østlandet

Also, Kirkenes in Finmark should be Vardø or Vardøhus (It were named that for a while), but in the IGC it is fixed.
By the way, Narvik Should be named Nordland, since that's what the province is really named.

Thanx for the list Greven:p

Shhhh! You'll wake up the old, dead guys. ;)

Oh, wait. That would be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.