• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great list Sir Garnet, thanks for the work!

A couple minor tweaks I would suggest for the original post:
B = fire smoke at location
(The list currently says artillary, but there are non-arty units that have smoke now too.)

4 Bullets icon = unit needs small gun ammo (rifles/mgs)
1 Bullet icon = unit needs large AT/HE ammo
Resupply truck must be near the unit it is supplying and shows animation.

Edited b/c it is 4 and not 3 bullets for the light ammo :)

Last edited:
Its just that Wargame/Steel Division Unit AI and pathfinding is just the worst I ever witnessed in RTS games.
I'm not sure why you posted all these complaints in a thread about hot keys... but... if you think this pathfinding is the "worst ever" then you just haven't played a lot of games.

For example, "move quick" can turn out as an abysmal order in Steel Division
Consider it to be "move fast at any cost" and it makes perfect sense. Ignore all danger, and all targets and race along whatever route is fastest (and usually die trying to get there b/c that is a high risk move)

Plus, the feature to make the selected route of a unit visible is not working well/is bugged and therefor completly useless.
It works flawlessly to me, but some of the routes that the AI finds are different than what I expect, but only because I'm looking at the map from a birds eye view and can't see what the AI can see up close. FWIW, I found this is particularly true around the steelworks building approach.

couple minor tweaks I would suggest for the original post:
B = fire smoke at location
(The list currently says artillary, but there are non-arty units that have smoke now too.)

3 Bullet icons = unit needs gun ammo
1 Bullet icon = unit needs AT ammo
Resupply truck must be near the unit it is supplying and shows animation.

Thanks, will add those in a couple of days to see if t here are new UI discoveries. The caution about high risk circuitous pathfinding is A disclaimer probably useful at this stage. Saves some units and frustration.. Looking at videos, the initial moves are almost always convoys neatly zipping off to the front. down a convenient road.

Anyone figured out the principle under which some actions are left click and some are right click?

Sry for necro. Noob here, just got the game.

I'm confused by the "Left shift - Show orders": My orders always show (if I'm not zoomed in close) and only dissapear when I hold left shift. Is there a setting I've missed?
All tutorials Ive watched says hold down shift to sho, but mine is "hold down to hide move orders".

Thank you.