• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LlywelynII

Field Marshal
11 Badges
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Collage of CAARdinals:
An interactive history of the Papal States

papay.png

AARthor's Foreword:

Want to do something a little different here - aside from the obvious. :D As long as there's interest, I'd like to run this as a signup sheet. Sign up, play a pontiff, do your best or get packed off to Avignon trying, punch out an AAR entry within a week or so, and upload your savegame for the next guy down the list. People could be homogenous if they want but I myself would prefer a variety of styles from text-heavy storytelling to laconic Pharglizing.

Any takers?

List of Popes:

Regnal Name...................................Given Name..........................Reign..............Player
Beatus Alexander II.......Anselmo da Baggio the Elder...1061-1073...Llywelyn
Gregorius VII, O.S.B......Ildebrando Aldobrandeschi.....1073-1074...Phargle
St. Petrus II Poloniensis.Piotr Bogumil.................1074-1099...Rocketman (banned)
...................................................................Emperor Ike
St. Anselmus Lucensis.....Anselmo da Baggio the Younger.1099-1104...Judas Maccabeus
St. Valdes, O.S.B.........Waldemar von Ansbach (ahist.).1104-1127...Fnuco
Innocentius II, O.Praem...Hartmann von Görtz.(ahist.)...1127-1130...Nasri (tardy)
...................................................................thrashing mad
Gregorius VIII, O.S.B.....Ordelaffo Faliero.............1130-1133...RGB
Rudolphus, O.S.B. (*).....Rudolf von Leiningen.(ahist.).1133-1134...CrackedToothGrin
Beatus Guglielmus.........William Berkeley (ahist.).....1134-1145...bowl of soup
St. Rugerius.(†)..........Rüdger von Eselsberg.(ahist.).1145........Secret Master
St. Innocentius III.......Friedrich von Memel.(ahist.)..1145-1150...canadiancreed (tardy)
...................................................................Llywelyn, 2nd
Beatus Benedictus X.......Burchard Pekoules.(ahist.)....1150-1154...canonized
Antipopes
Benedictus XI........Filipo Phargle.(ahist.).......>1302-c1310.Murmurandus
Murmurandus Misellus.Edward Whisper.(ahist.).......c1310-1312..Murmurandus

(*) More commonly known in mediaeval stories and legend as Pope Morpheus or Morpheus the Illuminated
(†) Some new age cultists such as Thomas Hanky believe St. Rugerius was self-proclaimed as Papa Maria Magdalene, which fact - among others - was posthumously expunged by reactionary patriarchists in the clerisy. Needless to say, this is lunacy.​

Popes will need:

Last edited:
Can we actually play as the Pope?

And do all the Popery things? Like Excommunication and wearing totally awesome hats?

FAQ Post

Rocketman said:
Can we actually play as the Pope?
Yes.

There's a form you need to fill out, though.

Do we get to do all the cool Popey things?
Yes.

Phargle said:
What do I need to mod to play as the pope?
You should not have to change anything in save games linked by this thread. Just load as the pope from the list of kingdoms in the save game.

You should have IP2 installed and will need a copy of the Welsh mod dynasty file or your game will crash the first time someone is born in Wales. Sorry, it was an oversight on my part from the first save file, but it's a good mod in any case.

To load save games during play, you will need to add the line
Code:
PAPA = { gender=male tier=kingdom dna="12345678901234" title={PAPA C333}}
to the list of realms at the beginning of your save game. You can do this in any text editor (eg, Notepad).

If you wish to assume a regnal name (pref. one in Latin :D), simply open the save game in a text editor and edit the "name =" section of your bishop. If you don't include screenshots from your character screen, however, this is unnecessary.

How should I handle succession?
Well, it's pretty hard to keep the papacy all in the family, so you should save yearly. I got a ruler's death event and a pause suitable for saving, but I would not promise it will happen for you.

There's this Polish bishop next in line after me, and I want John Paul II to be the first Polish pope...
Excommunicates and the recently deceased cannot stand for election to the papacy.

j.

Last edited:
Damnation!!!

And yes, the first entry turns out to have been eaten by gmail or my Chinese internet cafe (I'm betting the latter...). So, um, be back in a little while... :)

Anyone who wants to nominate themselves for the second round, though, can download the savegame here.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you should load as the bishop of Orbetello. :)

j.

Last edited:
[size=+3]Pope Alexander II[/size]
From Ckpedia, the free encyclopedia

Alexander II (died 21 August 1073), born Anselmo da Baggio, also known as Anselm di Lucca and Anselm the Elder to distinguish him from his nephew St. Anselm the Younger, Pope from 1061 to 1073, was born to a noble family in Baggio, an Italian town under the rule of Milano. A staunch advocate of clerical reform and Papal autonomy, he is principally remembered for his personal bravery at [anchorlink=International]Trapani[/anchorlink], followed by his political cowardice at [anchorlink=International]Capua[/anchorlink], as well as traditionally receiving credit for a simply outstanding brownie recipe.

Contents
  1. [anchorlink=Early]The Early Years[/anchorlink]
  2. [anchorlink=Election]The Election of 1061[/anchorlink]
  3. [anchorlink=Antipope]Dealings with the Antipope[/anchorlink]
  4. [anchorlink=International]International relations[/anchorlink]
  5. [anchorlink=Church]Ecclesiastical affairs[/anchorlink]
  6. [anchorlink=Brownie]Brownie recipe[/anchorlink]
  7. [anchorlink=Popcult]Alexander II in popular culture[/anchorlink]
  8. [anchorlink=See]See also[/anchorlink]
  9. [anchorlink=References]References[/anchorlink]

150pxpapaalessandrouk2.jpg

[[anchorlink=Early]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Early][size=+1]The Early Years[/size][/anchor]

Even before his investiture as bishop of Lucca in Tuscany, Anselmo da Baggio was already a leader of the 12th century reform movement popularized at Cluny. In Milano, he was one of the founders of the Pataria which led to the resignation of the Archbishop Guido da Velate over his complacency in the face of his see's simony and Nicolaitanism. Guido had attempted to silence his critic by removing him to the court of the Emperor Heinrich Salien the Black, but this appointment had only the salutary effect of spreading the reform movement to the German court.

In 1057, Anselmo was appointed by the emperor to the episcopate of Lucca. With this increased prestige, he reappeared twice in Milano as a papal legate: first in 1057 in the company of Hildebrand (who was later raised to the papacy himself) and in 1059 with St. Pietro Damiani, celebrated to this day for his introduction of naptime to the monastic rites.

[[anchorlink=Election]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Election][size=+1]The Election of 1061[/size][/anchor]

The 1059 decree of Nicholas II which established the selection of future popes by the College of Cardinals became the focus of conflict between these reformers and their reactionary Imperialist running-dog opponents. Upon the death of Pope Nicholas in 1061, Hildebrand led the cardinals in appointing Anselmo to the pontificate, where he took the name Alexander Secundus. The cardinals' ambassador to the German court having been dismissed without an audience, the Papacy considered it had foregone its proffered right of confirmation of elections.

However, the party of simonists and idolators - as well as the Roman nobles furious over their removal from the process - took their case to the dowager Empress Agnes, regent for her ten-year-old son Heinrich IV. At a council in Basel presided over by the Imperial chancellor Wilbert, these godless clerics - without any legal right or the presence of any cardinal - declared the bishop of Parma Cadalous as Pope Honorius II.

[[anchorlink=Antipope]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Antipope][size=+1]Dealings with the Antipope[/size][/anchor]

On his side, Alexander had the support of public opinion, the Normans of Southern Italy, the Duchesses Beatrice and Matilda of Tuscany, and - not least of these - God the Father Almighty.

Nonetheless, the Devil having by the grace of God much under his own control, he frequently is able to test the faith of even the most righteous. Having purchased his investment through simony, Cadalous now sought to purchase the papacy through a mercenary force. In the spring of 1062, he marched on Rome, where Benzo, the Bishop of Alba, had already secured the assistance of a number of local lords. On 14 April, Cadalous worsted Alexander in battle and secured himself at Saint Peter's.

Godfrey the Bearded, the former margrave of Antwerp, count of Verdun, and Duke of Upper Lorraine and then current Duke of Lower Lorraine, arrived the next month, however, with his cavalry and forced the antipope's retreat to Parma. Alexander did not immediately return to Rome. Instead, he waited in Lucca to hear from the German court.

In the meantime, however, Anno, the Archbishop of Cologne, had seized the regency from the meddling Agnes and packed her off to the Fructuaria convent in Piedmont for her repentence and the betterment of her soul. After the Council of Augsburg in October, his nephew Bishop Burchard of Halberstadt was sent to investigate Alexander's election, after which at another council Alexander was duly recognized as the rightful heir of St. Peter while Cadalous was excommunicated.

In Parma, Cadalous held a counter-synod, excommunicated Alexander, and assembled another force which returned to Rome, taking and occupying the Castel Sant'Angelo. Although he held this position for over a year, he was unable to dislodge Alexander from the Lateran and eventually, if reluctantly, returned with his force to Parma. Alexander appeared and eloquently defended Nicholas's policy and his own election at yet another council, this time in Mantua. The council restated Alexander's primacy and formally anathematized (ie, really excommunicated) Cadalous, but he was never removed from his see and held forth as a wronged and exiled pope until his death.

[[anchorlink=International]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=International][size=+1]International relations[/size][/anchor]

assumptionnm7.jpg

His helplessness before the soi-disant bishop of Parma galvanized Alexander. Although his predecessor had obtained the vassalization of the Apulian Normans and the regent of Germany was a friendly bishop, neither of these had been of much use in the contest. Banners blessed by Alexander flew over the Norman conquests of England and Messina, but finding Robert Guiscard to be no vassal or even ally, Alexander was left to acknowledge him as an enemy and begin preparations for defense.

Taking the next year to canvas Italy for support, he was able in the first three months of 1068 to count first Napoli and then Capua and Cagliari as vassals. Alexander's acceptance of the vassalage of Sergios Spartenos was especially controversial at the time since he followed the Eastern Rite and received a special dispensation to continue to do so, while maintaining his temporal allegiance and submission to Rome.

trapanibs4.jpg

Utilizing this expanded tax base and manpower, Alexander lost no time in launching a daring seaborne invasion of Trapani in Sicily, personally commanding the Latin army which crushed the local sheikh on 14 April before the arrival of his reinforcements. In his fervor both to secure a toehold on Sicily and to bring it to Christ, he killed a third of his opponents twice and followed this by so oppressing the local Arab nobility and clergy that conversion was secured within three years.

Further manoeuvres on the island were prohibited however by the alliances secured by the local potentates: Siracuse to the Zirid sultanate in Tunisia and Palermo to the Fatimid caliphate in Egypt.

In November, the German bishop of Trento in keeping with his spiritual loyalties transferred his temporal allegiance as well from the emperor to the pope. At just this point, however, Alexander's autonomy and failure to secure powerful allies of his own proved disastrous: a Norman army of several thousand entered Capua where they were opposed by a local force of less than forty men. Because Robert Guiscard had formed a strong personal alliance with the French king, Alexander was unable to oppose him for fear of reprisals.

battleofcapuare6.jpg

The bravery and valor of the Capuan garrison were extolled in some of the earliest lay ballads composed in Rome, but their popularity only made Alexander's position the worse. While the development by the Papal Theological Laboratories of divine duty calmed some of the discontent within his own borders, seen as both weak and disloyal for the remainder of his reign, Alexander was not only unable to secure any further allies or agents: he was unable to project the necessary authority for the clerics of Norman Italy to enforce his interdict of Robert in the face of certain persecution and deposition. Although the Vatican subsequently officially deposed them and appointed new bishops in their place, they in fact remained like Cadalous ensconced by their temporal lords and outside Rome's control.

extentdh7.jpg

[[anchorlink=Church]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Church][size=+1]Ecclesiastical affairs[/size][/anchor]

Aside from the embarassments listed above, Alexander II was largely successful in his ecclesiastical policies and push for reform. Through an army of legates, he fought simoniacal and incontinent clerics throughout Europe. Even Archbishop Anno of Cologne was summoned twice to Rome: first in 1068 to do barefoot penance for having had relations with the antipope Cadalous and again in 1070 on a charge of simony.

His rampant success in reforming investiture proved to be a mixed blessing. Thanks to his own persuasiveness and Hildebrand's eloquent assistance, but more than both these to Anno's pious regency in Germany, papal appointees filled every major vacancy in Europe between 1066 and the end of his reign. Members of the Roman court became bishops at the important sees of Esztergom, Bremen, Mainz, Orleans, and Ferrara. However, appointing the very ablest of his ministers to these posts deprived Alexander himself of their service. Moreover, although their ecclesiastical ties to Rome grew stronger, these new appointments remained at the service of their various temporal lords for all the products and service of their lands.

Opposing the sale of church's titles, Alexander became an able and shrewd administrator of his temporal estates - he reinstituted taxes previously allowed to lapse, collected monetary compensation for various services previously rendered in kind, and (modestly) expanded the tithe into trade and urban manufactures. It is a testiment to his political acumen that he raised these to the limit of his subjects' tolerance, but - except in the case of Sicily - no more.

Meanwhile, from his offices to the north, clerical celibacy finally spread south to become the norm in Rome, an accomplishment much feted at the time in church circles. Even after his death, it was his name which was invoked by St. Pietro Damiani at the 1089 Diet of Frankfurt to oppose Heinrich IV's prospective divorce from his queen, Bertha di Torino.

The death of the pope, 21 August 1073, left Hildebrand, his faithful bishop in Orbetello, heir to his triumphs and difficulties.

Although never officially canonized by the Vatican, Alexander II gained a devoted cult following in his former see at Lucca. His intercession was particularly sought by illiterates and those having dealings with Sicilians.

libraryxe3.jpg

[[anchorlink=Brownie]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Brownie][size=+1]Brownie recipe[/size][/anchor]

Although Alexander II traditionally receives credit for an outstanding brownie recipe used throughout Central Italy, the Italian humanist Lorenzo Valla proved in 1440 that the recipe could not possibly be genuine. While certain medieval-era formulae are used in the text, some of the Latin names for the ingredients were not in use before the reign of Pope Alexander IV. Further, chocolate was not introduced to Italy prior to the 16th century.

[[anchorlink=Popcult]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Popcult][size=+1]Alexander II in popular culture[/size][/anchor]

[[anchorlink=See]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=See][size=+1]See also[/size][/anchor]

[[anchorlink=References]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=References][size=+1]References[/size][/anchor]
  • This article crib... er, incorporates text from the Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition, a publication now in the public domain.
  • This article crib... er, incorporates text from the public-domain Catholic Encyclopedia of 1913.
  • San Demas High School football rules!

Last edited:
[size=+3]Talk:Alexander II[/size]
From CKpedia, the free encyclopedia

Contents
  1. [anchorlink=great]Great Idea![/anchorlink]
  2. [anchorlink=rocketmaaaan]Fickt nicht mit dem Raketemensch!!1![/anchorlink]
  3. [anchorlink=timetimetime]Duuuuude...[/anchorlink]
  4. [anchorlink=wouldacouldashoulda]The Man won't let me be me[/anchorlink]
  5. [anchorlink=Awesome]Awesome[/anchorlink]
  6. [anchorlink=No really]No takers?[/anchorlink]
  7. [anchorlink=Fixed]Fixed the image links[/anchorlink]
  8. [anchorlink=Nice]Nice idea[/anchorlink]
  9. [anchorlink=Marvellous]Marvellous![/anchorlink]
  10. [anchorlink=Astonishing]Brilliant[/anchorlink]
  11. [anchorlink=Suck]Alexander II sucks![/anchorlink]

[[anchorlink=great]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=great][size=+1]Great Idea![/size][/anchor]
Great Idea! The best idea seen in a long time! Wish you luck! -Patricio O'McFitzGonaghew ap Harte. 14 Hours ago.
Thanks. If you have the time and we work out the kinks, feel free to give the Papacy some much needed Latin representation. - Lly. 1426-02-08 17:30

[[anchorlink=rocketmaaaan]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=rocketmaaaan][size=+1]Fickt nicht mit dem Raketemensch!!1![/size][/anchor]
Alright, I'm in. =) - der Raketemensch. Recently.
Sweet. - Lly. 1426-02-08 17:30

[[anchorlink=timetimetime]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=timetimetime][size=+1]Duuuuude...[/size][/anchor]
You have waaaaaaaay too much time... =o
Like I said, the first time was fun. =)

Redoing it... yeah, that's because it's Chunjie here and I have waaaaaaaaay too much time. But it was either this or go renew my gym membership, so... ; )​

Impressive AAR though... =D -Murmurandus Mori. 8 minutes ago.
Thanks. =) Of course, more hands make fast work. Could I interest you in a pointy hat and totally inappropriate (if virtual) temporal power? - Lly. 1426-02-05 17:30

[[anchorlink=wouldacouldashoulda]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=wouldacouldashoulda][size=+1]The Man won't let me be me[/size][/anchor]
I'd do it except I am at college, don't own a computer, and am not allowed to play games on the computers I am able to use. - Portmanteau. 10 hours ago
We'll still be here when you grow a pair, son. The papacy, like the Chinese, thinks in term of centuries. - Lly. 1426-02-05 17:30

[[anchorlink=Awesome]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Awesome][size=+1]Awesome[/size][/anchor]
Awesome, awesome idea. I may have to make myself Pope at some point. -The Joker. 13 hours ago.
Thanks. You're more than welcome to. =) - Lly. 1426-02-05 17:30

[[anchorlink=No really]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=No really][size=+1]No takers?[/size][/anchor]
No, really: I don't want to do all of them. Someone please go ahead and download the savegame. You don't even have to come up with a good AAR post. Just take a whole bunch of screenshots, down a shot for every time you lose a courtier to a foreign bishopric, and scribble in some captions. - Lly. 1426-08-14 17:30

What mod is required to play as a priest?
The only change necessary to play as bishops or popes is the addition of their tag at the beginning of into the scenario or save file. It's already fixed in the save game, so you don't have to do anything. Just look for Orbetello in the counts section.

Oops. My bad: with this save game, you will have to mod if you want to be papal controller. Upon your election and relocation to Rome, save the game; open the file in a text editor; and CTRL+f for "papacy." Then change the PC id to 2010 (Hildebrand).

We'll fix this for the next pontiff, though. - Lly. 1426-02-05 17:30

Oops. You'll also need to add IP2 & some of the Welsh dynasties. - Lly. 1426-02-08 17:30

Of course, if you want to give Hildebrand a regnal name, you should edit his name in the save file before loading. I think he's "id=2010," but there really can't be that many Hildebrands running around, if you do a CTRL+F search. =)A list of names and the then-current numbering for the popes can be found here

When we load up, should we just f12 kill the pope? And I guess when you die, the game just ends so you don't get a screenshot of it, eh?

Upon load, you will immediately be promoted to pope. Anselmo is already dead. I don't know that it will always obtain, but the game gave me a ruler's death event and paused the game for me. I had a screenshot, but didn't use it for my post, so I deleted it.

In case this doesn't always happen, I'd suggest saving yearly. If your pope dies and it shoots straight to the surrender screen, you can try again (who would know) or your successor can f12 + die his predecessor.

Of course, if you do manage to found a dynasty somehow, this would be moot. But good luck managing that with Hildy.​

I probably shouldn't have typed "kill the pope" on the Internet. If I never post again, look for me in Cuba! -- 195.70.32.137 16:19, 4 February 1427 (UTC)

A, I'm sure that's unnecessary. It's only when you type kill the persident that it's really an issue. I'd say that doesn't matter in China, but I actually ended up talking to a Secret Service rep after an aggrieved French muslim (erstwhile middle-class White musician, btw) started mouthing off at the Youth Hostel.

B, Castro's villas aside, Cuba's probably one of the less friendly places for anti-popes to head to ; ) On the other hand, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan would probably give you some sort of medal, as long as you agreed not to talk about it in languages other than Arabic or Urdu. - Lly. 1427-02-04 17:30

[[anchorlink=Fixed]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Fixed][size=+1]Fixed the image links[/size][/anchor]
Like the title says... Didn't remember that Wiki's borders were slightly off-white, though. - Lly. 1426-08-14 17:30

[[anchorlink=Nice]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Nice][size=+1]Nice idea[/size][/anchor]
Nice idea =) GOod luck with this =) - Anglicanism. 02:26, 23 October 1426 (UTC)
Thanks. I'm not going to do the next one, though. It'd be much better as a community project, I think. -Lly. 1426-08-14 17:30

[[anchorlink=Marvellous]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Marvellous][size=+1]Marvellous![/size][/anchor]
That is marvellous! Had a hard time making all those links? - LiveSatan, Major, Armor, Christian Army Reserve (Retired), 207.103.47.145 04:40, 5 February 1426 (UTC)
It was actually kind of fun, even knowing most people won't bother clicking on most of the links. In the process, I also found Axes & Alleys, The Official Magazine of the Royal Tractor Repair and Maintenance Society of Outer Mongolia, which is freakin' hilarious, and from them, the fact that there's an incredibly good case to be made that String Theory is a complete cosmological dead-end, which I had not heard about at all before.

That said, redoing the whole g&#$@#!ed thing again after the internet cafe ate the first draft was not fun, in any way, at all. -Lly. 1426-08-14 17:30

[[anchorlink=Astonishing]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Astonishing][size=+1]Brilliant[/size][/anchor]
This is astonishingly brilliant. It may be the most brilliant thing I have seen in a fortnight. It's so brilliant that I am going to have to steal it. - 195.70.32.137 16:19, 31 October 1426 (UTC)
Well, certainly an honor coming from you, 195.70.32.137. I would've thought someone had already done something like this, but it's great if they haven't. It's a pretty versitile and fun format, I think. I just wish pdox supported image textwrap. - Lly. 1426-08-14 17:30
Also, do the British really think of time in two week spans? That's so weird. - Lly. 1426-08-14 17:30

[[anchorlink=Suck]Edit[/anchorlink]]​
[anchor=Suck][size=+1]Alexander II sucks![/size][/anchor]
WTF?!!! He was the antipope. And what's with all those character traits? He wasn't merciful or wise or forgiving! He was a gold-digging, cowardly butt-monkey! - His Holiness Honorius VII, Pope of all Christendom resident at Parma, MCDXXVI-III-XII Matins (UTC).
EHEHEHHEhheHHEHeu! Vide hunc, te vomica!!1! C4d4lo4 t3h \/e!!1Ca+R1X e5+!!!1!! -Sanctitas Papa Benedictus XVI, Sanctissimus et Beatissimusque Pater, Episcopus Romae et Ecclesiae Catholicae, Vicarius Christi, Pontifex Maximus, Dominus Apostolicus, atque Servus Servorum Dei, MCDXXVI-III-XIII Nones

Last edited:
What mod is required to play as a priest? When we load up, should we just f12 kill the pope? And I guess when you die, the game just ends so you don't get a screenshot of it, eh?

I probably shouldn't have typed "kill the pope" on the Internet. If I never post again, look for me in Cuba!

phargle said:
What mod is required to play as a priest? When we load up, should we just f12 kill the pope? And I guess when you die, the game just ends so you don't get a screenshot of it, eh?

I probably shouldn't have typed "kill the pope" on the Internet. If I never post again, look for me in Cuba!

Reply above, just to keep it in format ;)

Probably should add that to the FAQ, though...

phargle said:
If nobody has volunteered to play Hildebrand, I'd love to give it a try.

God be praised!

I was starting to lose faith after 2 days and no converts, :)
j.

Awesome, awesome idea. I may have to make myself Pope at some point. :D

You have waaaaaaaay too much time... :eek:

Impressive AAR though... :D

As always til the next writAAR takes over, replies above.

Let phargle know about a small bit of misinformation on my part as well. :)
j.

EDIT: Also, Murm, that thread your sig links to is password blocked. :wacko:

Last edited:
The games keeps crashing to desktop on me. It did it three times in mid-November of 1073, and the last time made it to January 1074 before crashing. All I did was add PAPA to the list of selectable tags, changed the pope's name, and made him the papal controller. It loads, I play, and then a few months go by and it crashes. Any idea what's I should do to make it stable enough to play?