• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kretoxian

Anon, we are legion
23 Badges
Oct 12, 2005
  • Iron Cross
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
As i think that the project i've been working on lately, with the inestimable help from danielshannon, deserves it's own thread, here it goes:

The goal is to cover the whole cold war period technological progress and serve it as a base for another scenarios.

As a picture is worth a thousand words here they go, eye candies:

Infantry tech tree (completed)
infantryttcctw.png

Armour Tech Tree (completed)
cpacttarmalpha0..png

Naval Tech Tree (completed)
cpacttnavalpha0..png

Aircraft Tech Tree (completed)
cpacttairalpha0..png

Secret Weapons Tech Tree (Almost Finished -That black tech is censored on purpose-)
cpacttswbeta1.2..png

Industrial Tech Tree (Subject to many many changes)
cpacttindustrial.png

Land doctrines Tech Tree (Completed)
cpacttldalpha0.2.png

Now let's check it in numbers, so far we have:
-More than 210 completely new technologies
-16 new Brigades, each of them with their respective characteristics and pics
-10 new units, each of them with their respective characteristics and pics
-New Sprites for German, Russian, British and American Air Cavalry.
-2 New research categories with their respective tech teams. (So far, more than 130 new TT)

Installation instructions over vanilla DH Full:
-Download the mod
-Make a copy of DH Full Folder
-Rename that folder to CWTT
-Extract the content of the .rar file to that folder overwritting when prompted
-Check the folder structure integrity is ok (IE, there must not be another CWTT folder inside dh\mods\CWTT)
-Select CWTT mod on the launcher
-Play

Note: Keep in mind that this mod is not finished yet and only 1933 and 1936 scenarios are fully playable. The rest of them are still to be converted.

Installation instructions over NWO2
-Download the mod
-Make a copy of NWO2 folder
-Extract the mod to that folder, overwritte when prompted.
-Play

Note: Same as DH Full, keep in mind that NWO scenarios are not converted yet and that only 1933 and 1936 are playable under this mod.

CURRENT VERSION: BETA 1.1 (28/06/2013)

Note: This is not finished yet, expect missing pics, bugs and other setbacks.

Download Links
Filesmelt
Mega

Hotfix for unitnames.csv (06/07/2013)
Filesmelt

Patch made by Dannielshannon, very recomended
Patch made by dannielshannon

Note: To apply the hotfix follow these steps:
1. Download the file to your desktop
2. Rename it from "unitnames6.csv" to just "unitnames.csv"
3. Replace it with the file of the same name located in Darkest Hour\Mods\CWTT (or whatever you named the mod folder)\db\
4. Overwritte it.
5. Play!

Special thanks to:
-DanielsHannon for helping me .
-Nomohan for allowing us to use his AoD material.
-Supeerme for his blank GFX resources.
-Warhawk109 for his GFX collaborations.
-Almost every picture featuring in il_div_ , il_bri_ and model_x_x is taken from the shipbucket webpage and is the work of each respective author.

Last edited:
Do you need any help with the technology tree? Maybe the graphics for the technology tree?

Do you need any help with the technology tree? Maybe the graphics for the technology tree?

Not yet, thanks. We would need help with some il_div/brig_pics but nothing else.

So far, we need il_div_pics for the next units:

-Infantry from 1962 model onwards
-Mountain Infantry from 1966 onwards
-Mechanized Infantry from 1968 onwards
-Motorized Infantry from 1968 onwards
-Engineers from 1970 onwards
-Airborne from 1966 onwards
-Marines from 1972 onwards
-Cavalry from 1953 onwards

Those for now.

Last edited:
Are you interested in revamping some aspects of the tech tree? I have had a small project of tech tree extension, too, though my extensions have focused on interwar years. If you want, I can send you some of my ideas and help you with your project. :) I have also searched unique names for several technology components, especially for the infantry tree.

Are you interested in revamping some aspects of the tech tree? I have had a small project of tech tree extension, too, though my extensions have focused on interwar years. If you want, I can send you some of my ideas and help you with your project. :) I have also searched unique names for several technology components, especially for the infantry tree.

Depending, some principles i have in mind when creating this mod are the following ones:
-Include the smaller amount possible of events.
-Do not include techs that could alter vanilla scenarios (and therefore having to deal with hundred of .inc files), unless they are indispensable for a proper representation of the cold war.
-When possible, avoid using new research categories because they require to start researching for new tech teams.

Supeerme said:
Well you always got my blank gfx stuff to use.

For sure! you can be sure that i gave them good use...

Oh yes, i forgot to mention that, since, the only new research category that has been added has been helicopter design, we would like to hear your suggestions regarding which new tech teams we should include to cover that research field. Like for instance Mil Design Bureau or Bell Helicopters.

Please,merge with NWO2 like suggested !Will be awesome! (actually,in NWO2 you run out of techs in 1958)

I've updated the first post, check it.

You are a hero Kretoxian! Let me know if you want any of Nomonhan's Modern Day Tech Extension files and don't know how to get them otherwise. Or if you just need something specific researched that is too tedious for you to waste valuable coding time on.

You are a hero Kretoxian! Let me know if you want any of Nomonhan's Modern Day Tech Extension files and don't know how to get them otherwise. Or if you just need something specific researched that is too tedious for you to waste valuable coding time on.

Thanks, now that you said it... i would need il_div or il_bri pics for:

Maybe we should integrate it into DH proper. This is so awesome.

Thanks!

Thanks, now that you said it... i would need il_div or il_bri pics for:

Thanks!

I may be able to find something. Would you prefer any nation-specific ones? If I find good ones, do you think any photographed off books or papers by myself would be suitable (I have a pretty good camera on my iphone 5)? I have quite a bit of picture heavy cold war litterature that might contain something of this. May also find something at the national defence college library while I am there for my essay research, while most of that will likely be related to Sweden.

I may be able to find something. Would you prefer any nation-specific ones? If I find good ones, do you think any photographed off books or papers by myself would be suitable (I have a pretty good camera on my iphone 5)? I have quite a bit of picture heavy cold war litterature that might contain something of this. May also find something at the national defence college library while I am there for my essay research, while most of that will likely be related to Sweden.

I'd like both generic and nation specific ones, when possible, please. About the photographed ones... i think it would be better to avoid them, i would not like to mess with copyright issues and, despite the quality of your iphone being nice i'm sure that it can't be compared with many images that can be found around the internet.