• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Denkt

Left the forums permamently
1 Badges
May 28, 2010
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
It seems like there will be more feudal contract variety than just 3 basic levels and some will be unlocked by technology, like the coinage right
1589481425588.png

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Sounds like we'll be spending a lot more time on the tecnology screen than in CK2.
Also, I'm sure modders will have a blast adding new tech and more intricacies with vassal contracts.
That stuff was hardcodded and inaccessible for modding in CK2.

Reactions:
Something that AsaTj mentioned which I thought was really cool was he said that he felt that being basically a superduke and manipulating your position in a realm so that you give basically nothing to your liege but still are a vassal and so are obligated to be protected by your liege was a viable and perhaps better alternative to being an independent king.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Palatinate Feudal Contract too

1589522245807.png

Reactions:
Holy moly this is cool! I love how we can now make feudal contracts as complex as they were in real life, with no two vassals having the exact same obligations to the crown.

Reactions:
Fascinating, although if this is true then I wonder why didn't they reveal it in the original dev diary? Mismanagement? Or are they reacting to the community's wishes? Hard to tell, I imagine there was no time to add so much stuff... Either way, I hope the modders make great use of this!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-15 um 10.24.42.png

Reactions:
Really great to see that! Well done! Especially that we are not only getting seperate tax and levies but also all these kinds of different extra options. It looks so detailed that we might get a "Feudal Contracts II" dev diary.

Fascinating, although if this is true then I wonder why didn't they reveal it in the original dev diary? Mismanagement? Or are they reacting to the community's wishes? Hard to tell, I imagine there was no time to add so much stuff... Either way, I hope the modders make great use of this!
One of the dev comments in the feudal contracts discussion actually said that they were looking into it again due to the high demand. They didn't promise anything for release, but apparently we got lucky. :)

• 4Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am really glad to see Paradox listening to the community like this! Especially cool since the feudal contract was supposed to be one of the main new mechanics, and it really feels new now.

In my ideal world, you would actually be able to specifically write how much you receive in actual numbers (so for example, if one of my vassals has a bunch of buildings that boost his archers, I might demand 50 archers for him, and that's it). But perhaps that's something for the far future...

Reactions: